One last try on thumb nail size

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Ed Gould

One last try on thumb nail size

Post by Ed Gould »

After running convert size of jpg increases the JPG size of the file anywhere for 200K to 300K, The clicking on the WWW option in the convert dialog does not seem to make any difference in "new size" (that is to say no difference). I have been over the convert dialog (and options in GC)and I see nothing that pertains to increasing (or decreasing size) of the file. FWIW I am running GC 6.7.4 I am at OXS X 10.4.11 Memory/type of machine should be irrelevant but I am running a Pro with Dual 2.7 Ghz and 5GB ram I have asked this before and have not received a definitive answer (that I could find). Ed
Marino Pascal

Re: One last try on thumb nail size

Post by Marino Pascal »

Look in GC "info" window for that image. What is the "file length" ? That's the only thing that counts if you are uploading to a website. Marino On 7/1/12 2:27 PM, Ed Gould wrote: > After running convert size of jpg increases the JPG size of the file > anywhere for 200K to 300K, > > The clicking on the WWW option in the convert dialog does not seem to > make any difference in "new size" (that is to say no difference). I > have been over the convert dialog (and options in GC)and I see > nothing that pertains to increasing (or decreasing size) of the file. > > FWIW I am running GC 6.7.4 > > I am at OXS X 10.4.11 > > Memory/type of machine should be irrelevant but I am running a Pro > with Dual 2.7 Ghz and 5GB ram > > I have asked this before and have not received a definitive answer > (that I could find). > > Ed > > > > > ------------------------------------ > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > >
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

What size, in pixels, are you trying to convert to? Sent from my iPad Bob Poland On Jul 1, 2012, at 3:27 PM, Ed Gould <ps2os2@gmail.com> wrote: > After running convert size of jpg increases the JPG size of the file > anywhere for 200K to 300K, > > The clicking on the WWW option in the convert dialog does not seem to > make any difference in "new size" (that is to say no difference). I > have been over the convert dialog (and options in GC)and I see > nothing that pertains to increasing (or decreasing size) of the file. > > FWIW I am running GC 6.7.4 > > I am at OXS X 10.4.11 > > Memory/type of machine should be irrelevant but I am running a Pro > with Dual 2.7 Ghz and 5GB ram > > I have asked this before and have not received a definitive answer > (that I could find). > > Ed > > > > > ------------------------------------ > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > >
Ed Gould

Post by Ed Gould »

What ever the deault is in GC (I didn't know you could specify a size)On Jul 1, 2012, at 5:03 PM, Robert Poland wrote:   What size, in pixels, are you trying to convert to? Sent from my iPad Bob Poland On Jul 1, 2012, at 3:27 PM, Ed Gould <ps2os2@gmail.com> wrote: > After running convert size of jpg increases the JPG size of the file > anywhere for 200K to 300K, > > The clicking on the WWW option in the convert dialog does not seem to > make any difference in "new size" (that is to say no difference). I > have been over the convert dialog (and options in GC)and I see > nothing that pertains to increasing (or decreasing size) of the file. > > FWIW I am running GC 6.7.4 > > I am at OXS X 10.4.11 > > Memory/type of machine should be irrelevant but I am running a Pro > with Dual 2.7 Ghz and 5GB ram > > I have asked this before and have not received a definitive answer > (that I could find). > > Ed > > > > > ------------------------------------ > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > >
Ed Gould

Post by Ed Gould »

according to Browser the size is 756.7KB (112/.66KB+644.1KB) on one example     Attached is a typical picture.another                         the size is 557.7KB (47.7KB+510.0KB)another                         the size is 722.4KB (24.5KB+698.0KB)another                                           762.5KB (121.9KB+640.6KB)another                                           675.8KB (275.7KB+500.1KB)On Jul 1, 2012, at 4:56 PM, Marino Pascal wrote:   Look in GC "info" window for that image. What is the "file length" ? That's the only thing that counts if you are uploading to a website. Marino On 7/1/12 2:27 PM, Ed Gould wrote: > After running convert size of jpg increases the JPG size of the file > anywhere for 200K to 300K, > > The clicking on the WWW option in the convert dialog does not seem to > make any difference in "new size" (that is to say no difference). I > have been over the convert dialog (and options in GC)and I see > nothing that pertains to increasing (or decreasing size) of the file. > > FWIW I am running GC 6.7.4 > > I am at OXS X 10.4.11 > > Memory/type of machine should be irrelevant but I am running a Pro > with Dual 2.7 Ghz and 5GB ram > > I have asked this before and have not received a definitive answer > (that I could find). > > Ed > > > > > ------------------------------------ > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,the resource fork is ignored during upload to a web server.Only the data fork does count.Thorsten On 02.07.2012, at 02:26, Ed Gould wrote: according to Browser the size is 756.7KB (112/.66KB+644.1KB) on one example     Attached is a typical picture.another                         the size is 557.7KB (47.7KB+510.0KB)another                         the size is 722.4KB (24.5KB+698.0KB)another                                           762.5KB (121.9KB+640.6KB)another                                           675.8KB (275.7KB+500.1KB)<Sunset,%20Cabo%20San%20Lucas.jpg>On Jul 1, 2012, at 4:56 PM, Marino Pascal wrote:   Look in GC "info" window for that image. What is the "file length" ? That's the only thing that counts if you are uploading to a website. Marino On 7/1/12 2:27 PM, Ed Gould wrote: > After running convert size of jpg increases the JPG size of the file > anywhere for 200K to 300K, > > The clicking on the WWW option in the convert dialog does not seem to > make any difference in "new size" (that is to say no difference). I > have been over the convert dialog (and options in GC)and I see > nothing that pertains to increasing (or decreasing size) of the file. > > FWIW I am running GC 6.7.4 > > I am at OXS X 10.4.11 > > Memory/type of machine should be irrelevant but I am running a Pro > with Dual 2.7 Ghz and 5GB ram > > I have asked this before and have not received a definitive answer > (that I could find). > > Ed >