Headless print

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Robert Poland

Re: Headless print

Post by Robert Poland »

On my system with HP printer System Preferences/Print & scan Allows setting Sharing and not much else.On Jul 7, 2012, at 1:58 AM, watcombeman wrote: If I understand you correctly, you will find it in Preferences under the Print icon.Not very dynamic, but it's there, together with the options for the print header.But I think there used to be an option to alter this from the Print dialogues, and I can't find that.John.--- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Robert Poland <rpoland@...> wrote:Hi,GC used to have a Page Setup command that would allow you to set, in addition to centering, all four margins. I found many years ago that that needed to be customized for each printer I used.I don't know if Thorsten has removed that option or just hidden it so I can no longer find it. Robert Poland2.7 GHz Intel Core I5, 27” iMac  12 GB Ram, 1TB HD
watcombeman

Post by watcombeman »

GC preferences, not System. IIRC the options now in GC's print preferences used to be in GC's Page Setup or Print, not sure which now. John. --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Robert Poland <rpoland@...> wrote: > > On my system with HP printer System Preferences/Print & scan Allows setting Sharing and not much else. > > > On Jul 7, 2012, at 1:58 AM, watcombeman wrote: > > > If I understand you correctly, you will find it in Preferences under the Print icon. > > > > Not very dynamic, but it's there, together with the options for the print header. > > > > But I think there used to be an option to alter this from the Print dialogues, and I can't find that. > > > > John. > > > > --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Robert Poland <rpoland@> wrote: > >> > >> Hi, > >> > >> GC used to have a Page Setup command that would allow you to set, in addition to centering, all four margins. I found many years ago that that needed to be customized for each printer I used. > >> > >> I don't know if Thorsten has removed that option or just hidden it so I can no longer find it. > >> > > Robert Poland > 2.7 GHz Intel Core I5, 27" iMac > 12 GB Ram, 1TB HD >
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

They're gone now… On Jul 7, 2012, at 9:25 AM, watcombeman wrote: > GC preferences, not System. > > IIRC the options now in GC's print preferences used to be in GC's Page Setup or Print, not sure which now. > > John. > > --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Robert Poland <rpoland@...> wrote: >> >> On my system with HP printer System Preferences/Print & scan Allows setting Sharing and not much else. >> >> >> On Jul 7, 2012, at 1:58 AM, watcombeman wrote: >> >>> If I understand you correctly, you will find it in Preferences under the Print icon. >>> >>> Not very dynamic, but it's there, together with the options for the print header. >>> >>> But I think there used to be an option to alter this from the Print dialogues, and I can't find that. >>> >>> John. >>> >>> --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Robert Poland <rpoland@> wrote: >>>> >>>> Hi, >>>> >>>> GC used to have a Page Setup command that would allow you to set, in addition to centering, all four margins. I found many years ago that that needed to be customized for each printer I used. >>>> >>>> I don't know if Thorsten has removed that option or just hidden it so I can no longer find it. >>>> >> >> Robert Poland >> 2.7 GHz Intel Core I5, 27" iMac >> 12 GB Ram, 1TB HD >> > > > > > ------------------------------------ > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO