Droplet

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
bossanovamusic@ymail.com

Droplet

Post by bossanovamusic@ymail.com »

Is it possible with GC 8, similar to Photoshop, to make a DROPLET out of a predefined batch, so I could drop some files on it on the Desktop and it would start batch converting?
thorstenlemke

Re: Droplet

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,you can do this with an AppleScript at the moment.Thorsten On 24.07.2012, at 16:22, bossanovamusic@ymail.com wrote:   Is it possible with GC 8, similar to Photoshop, to make a DROPLET out of a predefined batch, so I could drop some files on it on the Desktop and it would start batch converting?
bossanovamusic@ymail.com

Re: Droplet

Post by bossanovamusic@ymail.com »

Thank you very much for your fast answer! Unfortunately I really don't know how to make such a droplet script. Could you please give me an example that I may change according to my needs? All I want is to make a bunch of JPGs smaller in KB size (not in dimension). So I need a droplet where GC would open the JPGs I drop on it, save a copy of them with quality 70 or 80 in a folder (like "converted items") and close the copies. That's all! THANKS AGAIN! --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello, > > you can do this with an AppleScript at the moment. > > Thorsten > > > On 24.07.2012, at 16:22, bossanovamusic@... wrote: > > > Is it possible with GC 8, similar to Photoshop, to make a DROPLET out of a predefined batch, so I could drop some files on it on the Desktop and it would start batch converting? > > > > >