3D effects

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
sbuonopane

3D effects

Post by sbuonopane »

I am trying to understand how to use Effects -> 3D -> Convert two images to one image side by side" I have two separate jpg files taken as a stereo pair (i.e. by moving the camera a few inches). I would like to combine these two files into a single file so that it can be viewed on-screen more easily with a 3D viewer. I thought that is what the convert two images function would do, but I cannot seem to find any conditions in which this menu item becomes available. As a future feature suggestion/request... Features like the "3D slide maker.app" <http://www.thebox.myzen.co.uk/Steroscop ... tware.html> would be great! thanks for a great program... steve
thorstenlemke

Re: 3D effects

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,that function is available for two page files like MPO.Just concat the two images and mark as 3d.Thorsten On 24.07.2012, at 18:40, sbuonopane wrote:   I am trying to understand how to use Effects -> 3D -> Convert two images to one image side by side" I have two separate jpg files taken as a stereo pair (i.e. by moving the camera a few inches). I would like to combine these two files into a single file so that it can be viewed on-screen more easily with a 3D viewer. I thought that is what the convert two images function would do, but I cannot seem to find any conditions in which this menu item becomes available. As a future feature suggestion/request... Features like the "3D slide maker.app" <http://www.thebox.myzen.co.uk/Steroscop ... tware.html> would be great! thanks for a great program... steve
tom_coates

Post by tom_coates »

Thorsten- I am trying to do a similar thing - combine two Stereo slides into a single MPO. I've spent the last 2 hours trying to figure out how to "Concat the two images and mark as 3d". Stuck on Concat. That's in the Convert mode, ja? Hagens manual doesn't help me at all. Is this supposed to concatenate two files and save in another? I get no result when I try to use it, regardless of the options I select. Or maybe by Concat you meant some method of editing one image and adding a second page to that image. I can't find a way to do that either. MPO files display as if they were movies or slide shows with two pages. Can't figure out how to create one of those either. Getting pretty frustrated. I know the program should be able to do this. If that worked, I have no idea how to "mark as 3D". I guess I'm asking for a more detailed description of how to combine two images in an MPO file. I'm an experienced user but I can't figure it out. Danke Tom Coates :::/ --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello, > > that function is available for two page files like MPO. > > Just concat the two images and mark as 3d. > > Thorsten > > On 24.07.2012, at 18:40, sbuonopane wrote: > > > I am trying to understand how to use Effects -> 3D -> Convert two images to one image side by side" > > > > I have two separate jpg files taken as a stereo pair (i.e. by moving the camera a few inches). > > I would like to combine these two files into a single file so that it can be viewed on-screen more easily with a 3D viewer. > > > > I thought that is what the convert two images function would do, but I cannot seem to find any conditions in which this menu item becomes available. > > > > As a future feature suggestion/request... Features like the "3D slide maker.app" > > <http://www.thebox.myzen.co.uk/Steroscop ... tware.html> > > would be great! > > > > thanks for a great program... > > steve > > > > >
Hagen Henke

Post by Hagen Henke »

Hello, please email me with the files you may scale down beforehand: hagen.henke@gmx.de Which device is the resulting file for? Regards, Hagen Henke Am 24.03.2013 um 22:08 schrieb tom_coates: > Thorsten- > > I am trying to do a similar thing - combine two Stereo slides into a single MPO. I've spent the last 2 hours trying to figure out how to "Concat the two images and mark as 3d". Stuck on Concat. That's in the Convert mode, ja? Hagens manual doesn't help me at all. Is this supposed to concatenate two files and save in another? I get no result when I try to use it, regardless of the options I select. > > Or maybe by Concat you meant some method of editing one image and adding a second page to that image. I can't find a way to do that either. MPO files display as if they were movies or slide shows with two pages. Can't figure out how to create one of those either. Getting pretty frustrated. I know the program should be able to do this. > > If that worked, I have no idea how to "mark as 3D". > > I guess I'm asking for a more detailed description of how to combine two images in an MPO file. I'm an experienced user but I can't figure it out. > > Danke > > Tom Coates :::/ > > --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > > > Hello, > > > > that function is available for two page files like MPO. > > > > Just concat the two images and mark as 3d. > > > > Thorsten > > > > On 24.07.2012, at 18:40, sbuonopane wrote: > > > > > I am trying to understand how to use Effects -> 3D -> Convert two images to one image side by side" > > > > > > I have two separate jpg files taken as a stereo pair (i.e. by moving the camera a few inches). > > > I would like to combine these two files into a single file so that it can be viewed on-screen more easily with a 3D viewer. > > > > > > I thought that is what the convert two images function would do, but I cannot seem to find any conditions in which this menu item becomes available. > > > > > > As a future feature suggestion/request... Features like the "3D slide maker.app" > > > <http://www.thebox.myzen.co.uk/Steroscop ... tware.html> > > > would be great! > > > > > > thanks for a great program... > > > steve > > > > > > > > > >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello Tom,just e-mail the files.Thorsten On 24.03.2013, at 22:08, "tom_coates" <tom_coates@yahoo.com> wrote:   Thorsten- I am trying to do a similar thing - combine two Stereo slides into a single MPO. I've spent the last 2 hours trying to figure out how to "Concat the two images and mark as 3d". Stuck on Concat. That's in the Convert mode, ja? Hagens manual doesn't help me at all. Is this supposed to concatenate two files and save in another? I get no result when I try to use it, regardless of the options I select. Or maybe by Concat you meant some method of editing one image and adding a second page to that image. I can't find a way to do that either. MPO files display as if they were movies or slide shows with two pages. Can't figure out how to create one of those either. Getting pretty frustrated. I know the program should be able to do this. If that worked, I have no idea how to "mark as 3D". I guess I'm asking for a more detailed description of how to combine two images in an MPO file. I'm an experienced user but I can't figure it out. Danke Tom Coates :::/
MartinA

Post by MartinA »

At least in the issue of Hagens manual I have on page 29 I quote.. "Several picture files can be put together to make a large picture file with Concat.... Select the files to be put together in the selection area on the left and click Concat.... A dialog opens where you can specify how many pictures should be put together next to each other in the first "line" of the new picture and how many lines the new picture should have." The trouble is that I can't get the referenced dialog to open. MartinA --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello Tom, > > just e-mail the files. > > Thorsten > > On 24.03.2013, at 22:08, "tom_coates" <tom_coates@...> wrote: > > > Thorsten- > > > > I am trying to do a similar thing - combine two Stereo slides into a single MPO. I've spent the last 2 hours trying to figure out how to "Concat the two images and mark as 3d". Stuck on Concat. That's in the Convert mode, ja? Hagens manual doesn't help me at all. Is this supposed to concatenate two files and save in another? I get no result when I try to use it, regardless of the options I select. > > > > Or maybe by Concat you meant some method of editing one image and adding a second page to that image. I can't find a way to do that either. MPO files display as if they were movies or slide shows with two pages. Can't figure out how to create one of those either. Getting pretty frustrated. I know the program should be able to do this. > > > > If that worked, I have no idea how to "mark as 3D". > > > > I guess I'm asking for a more detailed description of how to combine two images in an MPO file. I'm an experienced user but I can't figure it out. > > > > Danke > > > > Tom Coates :::/ > >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,do you use the current beta?Thorsten On 14.04.2013, at 17:16, "MartinA" <macalp@verizon.net> wrote:   At least in the issue of Hagens manual I have on page 29 I quote.. "Several picture files can be put together to make a large picture file with Concat.... Select the files to be put together in the selection area on the left and click Concat.... A dialog opens where you can specify how many pictures should be put together next to each other in the first "line" of the new picture and how many lines the new picture should have." The trouble is that I can't get the referenced dialog to open. MartinA.
Hagen Henke

Post by Hagen Henke »

Hello, I wrote a new chapter on how to concat, mark and convert to MPO. It will be translated in the next days into English and published in the next edition of my manual. Regards, Hagen Henke Am 14.04.2013 um 17:16 schrieb MartinA: > At least in the issue of Hagens manual I have on page 29 > I quote.. > > "Several picture files can be put together to make a large picture file with Concat.... Select the files to be put together in the selection area on the left and click Concat.... A dialog opens where you can specify how many pictures should be put together next to each other in the first "line" of the new picture and how many lines the new picture should have." > > The trouble is that I can't get the referenced dialog to open. > > MartinA > > --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > > > Hello Tom, > > > > just e-mail the files. > > > > Thorsten > > > > On 24.03.2013, at 22:08, "tom_coates" <tom_coates@...> wrote: > > > > > Thorsten- > > > > > > I am trying to do a similar thing - combine two Stereo slides into a single MPO. I've spent the last 2 hours trying to figure out how to "Concat the two images and mark as 3d". Stuck on Concat. That's in the Convert mode, ja? Hagens manual doesn't help me at all. Is this supposed to concatenate two files and save in another? I get no result when I try to use it, regardless of the options I select. > > > > > > Or maybe by Concat you meant some method of editing one image and adding a second page to that image. I can't find a way to do that either. MPO files display as if they were movies or slide shows with two pages. Can't figure out how to create one of those either. Getting pretty frustrated. I know the program should be able to do this. > > > > > > If that worked, I have no idea how to "mark as 3D". > > > > > > I guess I'm asking for a more detailed description of how to combine two images in an MPO file. I'm an experienced user but I can't figure it out. > > > > > > Danke > > > > > > Tom Coates :::/ > > > > >
Martin & Carol

Post by Martin & Carol »

I am using version 8.5.3 (1154).  Actually to be correct I should say that I am trying to use..... MartinA On 4/14/13 2:40 PM, Thorsten Lemke wrote:   Hello, do you use the current beta? Thorsten On 14.04.2013, at 17:16, "MartinA" <macalp@verizon.net> wrote:   At least in the issue of Hagens manual I have on page 29 I quote.. "Several picture files can be put together to make a large picture file with Concat.... Select the files to be put together in the selection area on the left and click Concat.... A dialog opens where you can specify how many pictures should be put together next to each other in the first "line" of the new picture and how many lines the new picture should have." The trouble is that I can't get the referenced dialog to open. MartinA .
Nelsn Helm

RAW

Post by Nelsn Helm »

My Panasonic/ Lumix LX-5 came bundled with Silkypix, an editing program which works with rw2 format raw files. The bundled program will edit ONLY images taken with LX-5 model cameras. If I buy an LX-7, it will no doubt come with a bundled Silkypix program, but neither Silkypix program will edit pictures from the other camera, much less pictures from other brands or formats. GC will convert rw2 files to PSDs or TIFFs with no compression. I expect that learning any editing program will take time, and I'm not keen on climbing the learning curve of a program with such limited usefulness. I can buy Photoshop 11 for $60. What do I have to loose? Nelson