3D effects

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
dknodel@swbell.net

Re: RAW

Post by dknodel@swbell.net »

Hours and hours learning photoshop's arcane interface. GC will do most all without the learning curve. It is hard to believe you can buy any legal Photoshop for less than hundreds of dollars. On 4/14/13 7:10 PM, "Nelsn Helm" <helmkyny@clockwinders.net> wrote: >My Panasonic/ Lumix LX-5 came bundled with Silkypix, an editing program >which works with rw2 format raw files. The bundled program will edit ONLY >images taken with LX-5 model cameras. If I buy an LX-7, it will no doubt >come with a bundled Silkypix program, but neither Silkypix program will >edit pictures from the other camera, much less pictures from other brands >or formats. > >GC will convert rw2 files to PSDs or TIFFs with no compression. > >I expect that learning any editing program will take time, and I'm not >keen on climbing the learning curve of a program with such limited >usefulness. I can buy Photoshop 11 for $60. What do I have to loose? > >Nelson > > > >------------------------------------ > >Yahoo! Groups Links > > >
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

On Apr 14, 2013, at 6:25 PM, "dknodel@swbell.net" <dknodel@swbell.net> wrote: > Hours and hours learning photoshop's arcane interface. GC will do most > all without the learning curve. > It is hard to believe you can buy any legal Photoshop for less than > hundreds of dollars. Photoshop Elements is what is meant. What do you have to lose. On 4/14/13 7:10 PM, "Nelsn Helm" <helmkyny@clockwinders.net> wrote: > >> My Panasonic/ Lumix LX-5 came bundled with Silkypix, an editing program >> which works with rw2 format raw files. The bundled program will edit ONLY >> images taken with LX-5 model cameras. If I buy an LX-7, it will no doubt >> come with a bundled Silkypix program, but neither Silkypix program will >> edit pictures from the other camera, much less pictures from other brands >> or formats. >> >> GC will convert rw2 files to PSDs or TIFFs with no compression. >> >> I expect that learning any editing program will take time, and I'm not >> keen on climbing the learning curve of a program with such limited >> usefulness. I can buy Photoshop 11 for $60. What do I have to loose. >> Nelson Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
Nelsn Helm

Post by Nelsn Helm »

Sorry, Photoshop Elements. On Apr 14, 2013, at 8:25 PM, "dknodel@swbell.net" <dknodel@swbell.net> wrote:   Hours and hours learning photoshop's arcane interface. GC will do most all without the learning curve. It is hard to believe you can buy any legal Photoshop for less than hundreds of dollars. On 4/14/13 7:10 PM, "Nelsn Helm" <helmkyny@clockwinders.net> wrote: >My Panasonic/ Lumix LX-5 came bundled with Silkypix, an editing program >which works with rw2 format raw files. The bundled program will edit ONLY >images taken with LX-5 model cameras. If I buy an LX-7, it will no doubt >come with a bundled Silkypix program, but neither Silkypix program will >edit pictures from the other camera, much less pictures from other brands >or formats. > >GC will convert rw2 files to PSDs or TIFFs with no compression. > >I expect that learning any editing program will take time, and I'm not >keen on climbing the learning curve of a program with such limited >usefulness. I can buy Photoshop 11 for $60. What do I have to loose? > >Nelson > > > >------------------------------------ > >Yahoo! Groups Links > > > _____________________Nelsn Helm4112 Massie Av 3Louisville, KY 40207-2179
Kenneth N

Re: 3D effects

Post by Kenneth N »

I just struggled with the same thing, but I found success with the following using GC 8.6: a�€¢ File > Convert & Modify a�€¢ In the From pane, select the two files. a�€¢ Click Go a�€¢ Set Images per Row to 2 and Images per Column to 1 and click OK. This creates a new file in the To: pane. a�€¢ File > Open the newly created file. It should have the two files concatenated side by side. a�€¢ Effect > 3D > Mark image as 3D left and right image a�€¢ Note little R and L letters appear in the upper-left corner of each half. These are reversed for me, so I also: Effect > 3D > Swap only left and right flag. a�€"Ken Nellis --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, "tom_coates" <tom_coates@...> wrote: > > Thorsten- > > I am trying to do a similar thing - combine two Stereo slides into a single MPO. I've spent the last 2 hours trying to figure out how to "Concat the two images and mark as 3d". Stuck on Concat. That's in the Convert mode, ja? Hagens manual doesn't help me at all. Is this supposed to concatenate two files and save in another? I get no result when I try to use it, regardless of the options I select. > > Or maybe by Concat you meant some method of editing one image and adding a second page to that image. I can't find a way to do that either. MPO files display as if they were movies or slide shows with two pages. Can't figure out how to create one of those either. Getting pretty frustrated. I know the program should be able to do this. > > If that worked, I have no idea how to "mark as 3D". > > I guess I'm asking for a more detailed description of how to combine two images in an MPO file. I'm an experienced user but I can't figure it out. > > Danke > > Tom Coates :::/ > > --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@> wrote: > > > > Hello, > > > > that function is available for two page files like MPO. > > > > Just concat the two images and mark as 3d. > > > > Thorsten > > > > On 24.07.2012, at 18:40, sbuonopane wrote: > > > > > I am trying to understand how to use Effects -> 3D -> Convert two images to one image side by side" > > > > > > I have two separate jpg files taken as a stereo pair (i.e. by moving the camera a few inches). > > > I would like to combine these two files into a single file so that it can be viewed on-screen more easily with a 3D viewer. > > > > > > I thought that is what the convert two images function would do, but I cannot seem to find any conditions in which this menu item becomes available. > > > > > > As a future feature suggestion/request... Features like the "3D slide maker.app" > > > <http://www.thebox.myzen.co.uk/Steroscop ... tware.html> > > > would be great! > > > > > > thanks for a great program... > > > steve > > > > > > > > >