TWAIN issue since last update

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
DaveV

TWAIN issue since last update

Post by DaveV »

OS10.7.4, running GCC version 8.2 in 32 bit mode. The first time I tried scanning via TWAIN since the last update downloaded a few weeks ago, it would preview fine, but hang (and start demanding increasing amounts of CPU time) when I tried to scan. Reinstalling all the TWAIN packages got it working, so I figured that might be the issue. But today I tried scanning something, and even reinstalling TWAIN didn't fix the hanging problem. 8.1 was working fine, and 8.2 is still good for opening images from other sources, just not my scanner (and I still can't get a proper scan from image capture). ---Dave
Robert Poland

Re: TWAIN issue since last update

Post by Robert Poland »

On Jul 31, 2012, at 4:52 PM, DaveV wrote: OS10.7.4, running GCC version 8.2 in 32 bit mode.  The first time I tried scanning via TWAIN since the last update downloaded a few weeks ago, it would preview fine, but hang (and start demanding increasing amounts of CPU time) when I tried to scan.  Reinstalling all the TWAIN packages got it working, so I figured that might be the issue.But today I tried scanning something, and even reinstalling TWAIN didn't fix the hanging problem.8.1 was working fine, and 8.2 is still good for opening images from other sources, just not my scanner (and I still can't get a proper scan from image capture).---DaveHave you tried VueScan? There is a free demo. and a page to see if your scanner is covered.http://www.hamrick.com----------------- ... -----Yahoo! Groups Links<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gcmac/<*> Your email settings:    Individual Email : Traditional<*> To change settings online go to:    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gcmac/join    (Yahoo! ID required)<*> To change settings via email:    gcmac-digest@yahoogroups.com    gcmac-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:    gcmac-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
Mark

Post by Mark »

I've been a happy VueScan user for years. Never lets me down. VueScan's developer gives the same kind of wonderful user response and continuing product improvement as does Herr Lemke. --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Robert Poland <rpoland@...> wrote: > > > On Jul 31, 2012, at 4:52 PM, DaveV wrote: > > > OS10.7.4, running GCC version 8.2 in 32 bit mode. > > > > The first time I tried scanning via TWAIN since the last update downloaded a few weeks ago, it would preview fine, but hang (and start demanding increasing amounts of CPU time) when I tried to scan. Reinstalling all the TWAIN packages got it working, so I figured that might be the issue. > > > > But today I tried scanning something, and even reinstalling TWAIN didn't fix the hanging problem. > > > > 8.1 was working fine, and 8.2 is still good for opening images from other sources, just not my scanner (and I still can't get a proper scan from image capture). > > > > ---Dave > > Have you tried VueScan? There is a free demo. and a page to see if your scanner is covered. > > http://www.hamrick.com > > > ------------------------------------ > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > > Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO >
howedav70

Post by howedav70 »

In the past I have used my scanner from within GCC using the "Scan with Image Capture" choice. Since upgrading to Mountain Lion (or perhaps since your last update since they happened at very similar times) I can no longer do that. I have updated my drivers via Epson and Image Capture by itself works fine, but can't use from within GraphicConverter --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, "DaveV" <dvandom@...> wrote: > > OS10.7.4, running GCC version 8.2 in 32 bit mode. > > The first time I tried scanning via TWAIN since the last update downloaded a few weeks ago, it would preview fine, but hang (and start demanding increasing amounts of CPU time) when I tried to scan. Reinstalling all the TWAIN packages got it working, so I figured that might be the issue. > > But today I tried scanning something, and even reinstalling TWAIN didn't fix the hanging problem. > > 8.1 was working fine, and 8.2 is still good for opening images from other sources, just not my scanner (and I still can't get a proper scan from image capture). > > ---Dave >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,I released a new beta.Please check:http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlRegardsThorsten Lemke  On 02.08.2012, at 22:23, howedav70 wrote:   In the past I have used my scanner from within GCC using the "Scan with Image Capture" choice. Since upgrading to Mountain Lion (or perhaps since your last update since they happened at very similar times) I can no longer do that. I have updated my drivers via Epson and Image Capture by itself works fine, but can't use from within GraphicConverter --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, "DaveV" <dvandom@...> wrote: > > OS10.7.4, running GCC version 8.2 in 32 bit mode. > > The first time I tried scanning via TWAIN since the last update downloaded a few weeks ago, it would preview fine, but hang (and start demanding increasing amounts of CPU time) when I tried to scan. Reinstalling all the TWAIN packages got it working, so I figured that might be the issue. > > But today I tried scanning something, and even reinstalling TWAIN didn't fix the hanging problem. > > 8.1 was working fine, and 8.2 is still good for opening images from other sources, just not my scanner (and I still can't get a proper scan from image capture). > > ---Dave >
ak_seeker

Post by ak_seeker »

Hey, Thorsten, Of the two Download betas: GraphicConverter 8.2 (Build 976) (100MB) for 10.6.8 or later multilanguage GraphicConverter 8.2 (Build 976) (100MB) for 10.6.8 or later with uncompressed NIBs for the translators Which of the files would be appropriate? Do I need uncompressed NIBs? How do I tell which version (with or without uncompressed NIBs) is currently installed? Or will the NIBs uncompress when the installer is run from the .dmg file? And does the TWAIN acquire support my Canon ImageCLASS D480? Thanks --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello, > > I released a new beta. > Please check: > http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html > > Regards > Thorsten Lemke > On 02.08.2012, at 22:23, howedav70 wrote: > > > > > In the past I have used my scanner from within GCC using the "Scan with Image Capture" choice. Since upgrading to Mountain Lion (or perhaps since your last update since they happened at very similar times) I can no longer do that. I have updated my drivers via Epson and Image Capture by itself works fine, but can't use from within GraphicConverter > > --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, "DaveV" <dvandom@> wrote: > > > > > > OS10.7.4, running GCC version 8.2 in 32 bit mode. > > > > > > The first time I tried scanning via TWAIN since the last update downloaded a few weeks ago, it would preview fine, but hang (and start demanding increasing amounts of CPU time) when I tried to scan. Reinstalling all the TWAIN packages got it working, so I figured that might be the issue. > > > > > > But today I tried scanning something, and even reinstalling TWAIN didn't fix the hanging problem. > > > > > > 8.1 was working fine, and 8.2 is still good for opening images from other sources, just not my scanner (and I still can't get a proper scan from image capture). > > > > > > ---Dave > > > > > > > __._,_._ > > > > >
Richard Chu

Post by Richard Chu »

Hello ak_seeker,To answer the first part of your question: The "uncompressed NIBs for the translators" is the version for GC's translators (who translate GC text into various languages) not for regular users. Because of the compatibility issue of the particular software involved in the translating process, translators can work only on uncompressed NIBs.If you are not a translator for GC, the GraphicConverter 8.2 (Build 976) (100MB) for 10.6.8 or later multi language should be the right choice for you.Richard Richard ChuSunsets San Francisco, Californiahttp://blogochu.blogspot.com  On Aug 2, 2012, at 2:34 PM, ak_seeker wrote:   Hey, Thorsten, Of the two Download betas: GraphicConverter 8.2 (Build 976) (100MB) for 10.6.8 or later multilanguage GraphicConverter 8.2 (Build 976) (100MB) for 10.6.8 or later with uncompressed NIBs for the translators Which of the files would be appropriate? Do I need uncompressed NIBs? How do I tell which version (with or without uncompressed NIBs) is currently installed? Or will the NIBs uncompress when the installer is run from the .dmg file? And does the TWAIN acquire support my Canon ImageCLASS D480? Thanks --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello, > > I released a new beta. > Please check: > http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html > > Regards > Thorsten Lemke > On 02.08.2012, at 22:23, howedav70 wrote: > > > > > In the past I have used my scanner from within GCC using the "Scan with Image Capture" choice. Since upgrading to Mountain Lion (or perhaps since your last update since they happened at very similar times) I can no longer do that. I have updated my drivers via Epson and Image Capture by itself works fine, but can't use from within GraphicConverter > > --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, "DaveV" <dvandom@> wrote: > > > > > > OS10.7.4, running GCC version 8.2 in 32 bit mode. > > > > > > The first time I tried scanning via TWAIN since the last update downloaded a few weeks ago, it would preview fine, but hang (and start demanding increasing amounts of CPU time) when I tried to scan. Reinstalling all the TWAIN packages got it working, so I figured that might be the issue. > > > > > > But today I tried scanning something, and even reinstalling TWAIN didn't fix the hanging problem. > > > > > > 8.1 was working fine, and 8.2 is still good for opening images from other sources, just not my scanner (and I still can't get a proper scan from image capture). > > > > > > ---Dave > > > > > > > __._,_._ > > > > >
DaveV

Post by DaveV »

A little weird (it wanted to save before showing, but I suppose that's an option I need to set), but it worked in 32 bit mode. Thanks. ---Dave --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello, > > I released a new beta. > Please check: > http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html > > Regards > Thorsten Lemke > On 02.08.2012, at 22:23, howedav70 wrote: > > > > > In the past I have used my scanner from within GCC using the "Scan with Image Capture" choice. Since upgrading to Mountain Lion (or perhaps since your last update since they happened at very similar times) I can no longer do that. I have updated my drivers via Epson and Image Capture by itself works fine, but can't use from within GraphicConverter > > --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, "DaveV" <dvandom@> wrote: > > > > > > OS10.7.4, running GCC version 8.2 in 32 bit mode. > > > > > > The first time I tried scanning via TWAIN since the last update downloaded a few weeks ago, it would preview fine, but hang (and start demanding increasing amounts of CPU time) when I tried to scan. Reinstalling all the TWAIN packages got it working, so I figured that might be the issue. > > > > > > But today I tried scanning something, and even reinstalling TWAIN didn't fix the hanging problem. > > > > > > 8.1 was working fine, and 8.2 is still good for opening images from other sources, just not my scanner (and I still can't get a proper scan from image capture). > > > > > > ---Dave > > > > > > > __._,_._ > > > > >
Peter O'Meara Evans

Meaning of white-bordered previews in Finder

Post by Peter O'Meara Evans »

Attachments :Screen shot 2012-08-05 at 6.04.03 PM.pngThorsten, When photos have a white border in the Mac OS finder-generated preview (OS 10.6), I am prevented from geo-tagging it in conjunction with Google Earth. However, when I open the file and simpley "Save As" then the resulting file preview icon has no white borders, and I can geo-tag it. Graphic Converter preview icons have no white border previews. This true for both JPGs and TIFs. Ideas? Screen shot attached
thorstenlemke

Re: Meaning of white-bordered previews in Finder [1 Attachment]

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,hmm, did you check the console for error messages?Thorsten On 05.08.2012, at 17:09, Peter O'Meara Evans wrote:   Thorsten, When photos have a white border in the Mac OS finder-generated preview (OS 10.6), I am prevented from geo-tagging it in conjunction with Google Earth. However, when I open the file and simpley "Save As" then the resulting file preview icon has no white borders, and I can geo-tag it. Graphic Converter preview icons have no white border previews. This true for both JPGs and TIFs. Ideas? Screen shot attached Peter Evans