Unwanted Carriage Returns When Entering Text

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
newoddprofessor

Unwanted Carriage Returns When Entering Text

Post by newoddprofessor »

I'm using GC 8.2 on a Mac Book Pro running Mountain Lion. I am using the text tool to add text over a photo background. It's working pretty well, except that I canNOT get the text to go the full width of the space allotted for it. I place the cursor where I want to start, I pull the corner of the text box out to give me room, and no matter what I do, the text itself then will create a new line when there is still a great deal of space left. All of my text ends up crowded into a narrow column on the left side of a spacious text box. If I center the text, I just end up with a narrow column of centered lines; it still won't use the space it has. What am I doing wrong?
thorstenlemke

Re: Unwanted Carriage Returns When Entering Text

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,please try to trash the prefs.Thorsten   I'm using GC 8.2 on a Mac Book Pro running Mountain Lion. I am using the text tool to add text over a photo background. It's working pretty well, except that I canNOT get the text to go the full width of the space allotted for it. I place the cursor where I want to start, I pull the corner of the text box out to give me room, and no matter what I do, the text itself then will create a new line when there is still a great deal of space left. All of my text ends up crowded into a narrow column on the left side of a spacious text box. If I center the text, I just end up with a narrow column of centered lines; it still won't use the space it has. What am I doing wrong?