Renaming images

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Alan Jackson

Re: Renaming images

Post by Alan Jackson »

I can monitor the memory usage, but when I chopped it after just over 2 hours, it had increased to almost 800mb of used memory…How long should I run the process for?From: Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de>Reply-To: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Date: Sunday, 2 September 2012 19:16To: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Subject: Re: [gcmac] Renaming images  Hello,can you please monitor the memory usage?ThorstenOn 02.09.2012, at 20:12, Alan Jackson <alanj49@btinternet.com> wrote:   Hi Thorsten,No I did not get any messages at all, I cut the process after just over 2 hours this time and all it seemed to do was increase the amount of memory used and system messages…RegdsFrom: Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de>Reply-To: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Date: Sunday, 2 September 2012 19:02To: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Subject: Re: [gcmac] Renaming images 
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,curious. Normally rename does really use no memory.Thorsten On 02.09.2012, at 20:22, Alan Jackson <alanj49@btinternet.com> wrote:   I can monitor the memory usage, but when I chopped it after just over 2 hours, it had increased to almost 800mb of used memory…How long should I run the process for?From: Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de>Reply-To: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Date: Sunday, 2 September 2012 19:16To: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Subject: Re: [gcmac] Renaming images  Hello,can you please monitor the memory usage?Thorsten
Alan Jackson

Post by Alan Jackson »

Attachments :GraphicConverter(6688) (3).jpgGraphicConverter(6618) (4).jpgGraphicConverter (6688) (2).jpgGraphic Converted (6688) (1).jpgHi Thorsten,I have run it for just over 2 hours again, and have attached some screenshots of memory usage every 30 mins. I have to turn the system off now, and I had to Force Quit the app to close it…hope this helpsFrom: Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de>Reply-To: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Date: Sunday, 2 September 2012 19:31To: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Subject: Re: [gcmac] Renaming images  Hello,curious. Normally rename does really use no memory.ThorstenOn 02.09.2012, at 20:22, Alan Jackson <alanj49@btinternet.com> wrote:   I can monitor the memory usage, but when I chopped it after just over 2 hours, it had increased to almost 800mb of used memory…How long should I run the process for?From: Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de>Reply-To: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Date: Sunday, 2 September 2012 19:16To: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Subject: Re: [gcmac] Renaming images  Hello,can you please monitor the memory usage?Thorsten
thorstenlemke

Re: Renaming images [4 Attachments]

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,hmm, can you please e-mail your prefs file to lemke@lemkesoft.de ?Thorsten On 02.09.2012, at 23:11, Alan Jackson <alanj49@btinternet.com> wrote:   Hi Thorsten,I have run it for just over 2 hours again, and have attached some screenshots of memory usage every 30 mins. I have to turn the system off now, and I had to Force Quit the app to close it…hope this helpsFrom: Thorsten