Any estimate for 8.2 in App Store?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Mike Bauers

Re: Any estimate for 8.2 in App Store?

Post by Mike Bauers »

Allow me to wrap up on this. There were Apple apps that were Trojans, they were caught by the Apple store and pulled from distribution, some others were stopped from even being distributed. Granted there are very few of them for Apple products, per the news there was an increase of 14,900 Android malwares in the last three months. We're glad we don't have that problem. Yes, I've used GC for ten years or more and I completely trust it. I'm thankful Apple only found a dozen or so in the same period. It's good that they delay release of submitted long enough to test them before distributing them. I wish they would take a smaller commission. Hopefully by a program going through their store, the program has much greater sales than if they were not in the Apple store. That direct exposure to potential Apple customers should result in an additional block of customers, perhaps a very large number of sales. Mike Bauers Sent from my iPhone On Sep 4, 2012, at 12:09 AM, Marino Pascal <weblists@locationscout.com> wrote: > On 9/3/12 7:38 PM, Mike Bauers wrote: >> I only half agree with you about the Apple store. While GC is a clean program, it's documented that a number of Trojan containing apps and programs have been found by Apple and their distribution prevented. > > I completely disagree with you. > Trojans have only been found in torrent and warez websites where you go to download pirate versions of software. > Nobody has ever downloaded a compromised version of GC from Thorsten's site. > > http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-20 ... -and-data/ > > Marino > > > > ------------------------------------ > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > >
Mike Bauers

Post by Mike Bauers »

Last peep from me. I think I also used GC since my first Mac in 1996. I loved finding it since I spent a lot of years with Amiga's which had programs that were quite friendly to all established graphic and text formats. GC allows me to keep that compatibility with both old and current non-Mac formats. I treasure what GC does for me. Mike Bauers Sent from my iPhone On Sep 4, 2012, at 3:20 AM, "DAVID E" <dknodel@swbell.net> wrote: > Not to unnecessarily extend the discussion, but I have dealt directly with lemkesoft.de since 1996. No problems, free updates as they become available and paid updates as major versions change. Usually only usd 40 or so... > > --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Stone <listmeister@...> wrote: >> >> Hey Folks, >> >> Please. Let's not have yet another long winded off-topic argument about the merits of the app-store. >> >> >
Michael Temkin

Post by Michael Temkin »

I have as well, tho I think I go a bit further back than 1996 (like v0.96 or something in 1994), and I echo the sentiments below.  Thorsten has been doing great for MANY years, and as I have said, I much prefer dealing with the developers than Apple.Mike Temkin. On Sep 4, 2012, at 3:48 AM, Mike Bauers <mwbauers55@wi.rr.com> wrote:   Last peep from me. I think I also used GC since my first Mac in 1996. I loved finding it since I spent a lot of years with Amiga's which had programs that were quite friendly to all established graphic and text formats. GC allows me to keep that compatibility with both old and current non-Mac formats. I treasure what GC does for me. Mike Bauers Sent from my iPhone On Sep 4, 2012, at 3:20 AM, "DAVID E" <dknodel@swbell.net> wrote: > Not to unnecessarily extend the discussion, but I have dealt directly with lemkesoft.de since 1996. No problems, free updates as they become available and paid updates as major versions change. Usually only usd 40 or so... > > --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Stone <listmeister@...> wrote: >> >> Hey Folks, >> >> Please. Let's not have yet another long winded off-topic argument about the merits of the app-store. >> >> >
Marino Pascal

Post by Marino Pascal »

On 9/4/12 1:37 AM, Mike Bauers wrote: > Allow me to wrap up on this. Why do you have to have the last word especially when your statements are fearmongering and completely misleading? > > There were Apple apps that were Trojans, they were caught by the Apple store and pulled from distribution, This implies that legitimate developers like Thorsten have sent to the App store applications with Trojans and Apple caught them. This has never happened. The only apps infected with Trojans and that includes AppleWorks were apps distributed through file sharing networks. Nobody has ever downloaded an infected app from a legitimate developer's site. Marino Pascal