Slow GC

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
DAVID E

Slow GC

Post by DAVID E »

Sometimes a simple action as moving a single image to the trash takes more than a minute staring at the spinning cursor. I do have some 5,000 images in the folder (yeah i'm lazy about file maintenance)... Ideas? GC 8.2 964 OSX 10.7.4
thorstenlemke

Re: Slow GC

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,hmm, did you try to trash the prefs?Thorsten On 06.09.2012, at 04:14, "DAVID E" <dknodel@swbell.net> wrote:   Sometimes a simple action as moving a single image to the trash takes more than a minute staring at the spinning cursor. I do have some 5,000 images in the folder (yeah i'm lazy about file maintenance)... Ideas? GC 8.2 964 OSX 10.7.4
dknodel@swbell.net

Post by dknodel@swbell.net »

Yes.  Trashed prefs, emptied trash, restarted GC.  Any change I make takes a minute or more of staring at spinning ball cursor.Back to  GC 7.x I guessDavidFrom: Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de>Reply-To: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Date: Thursday, September 6, 2012 1:13 AMTo: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Subject: Re: [gcmac] Slow GC   Hello,hmm, did you try to trash the prefs?ThorstenOn 06.09.2012, at 04:14, "DAVID E" <dknodel@swbell.net> wrote:  Sometimes a simple action as moving a single image to the trash takes more than a minute staring at the spinning cursor.I do have some 5,000 images in the folder (yeah i'm lazy about file maintenance)... Ideas? GC 8.2 964 OSX 10.7.4
Michael Temkin

Post by Michael Temkin »

Yeah, I had the same problem when I went to edit a PDF the other day.  Finally pulled up something else to do the editing with.  Thought it was just my system....Michael. On Sep 6, 2012, at 8:40 PM, "dknodel@swbell.net" <dknodel@swbell.net> wrote:   Yes.  Trashed prefs, emptied trash, restarted GC.  Any change I make takes a minute or more of staring at spinning ball cursor.Back to  GC 7.x I guessDavidFrom: Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de>Reply-To: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Date: Thursday, September 6, 2012 1:13 AMTo: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Subject: Re: [gcmac] Slow GC  Hello,hmm, did you try to trash the prefs?ThorstenOn 06.09.2012, at 04:14, "DAVID E" <dknodel@swbell.net> wrote:  Sometimes a simple action as moving a single image to the trash takes more than a minute staring at the spinning cursor.I do have some 5,000 images in the folder (yeah i'm lazy about file maintenance)... Ideas? GC 8.2 964 OSX 10.7.4