V8.3 not saving comments

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Richard Ball

V8.3 not saving comments

Post by Richard Ball »

I have a folder of images I want to add comments to. I open an image and add the comment and then click Save&Next. The window opens the next picture but if I go back the comment I added isn't there. GC did save the original jpeg to the Originals folder but it changed the file in the working folder to a tiff. I tried deleting the prefs and restarting the program but the operation remains the same. What I expected to happen was to just have the exif data changed with the new comment. I don't want the filetype changed and really I wanted the image portion to be exactly the same (no resaving/compressing etc.) Rich
thorstenlemke

Re: V8.3 not saving comments

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,argh - please use the browser for this.Open and save will decrease the JPEG quality due decompression. Also, use IPTC for your text. That is much more standardized.Thorsten----------------------------------------------------------------- On 27.09.2012, at 20:42, Richard Ball <rgb@ellerbach.com> wrote:   I have a folder of images I want to add comments to. I open an image and add the comment and then click Save&Next. The window opens the next picture but if I go back the comment I added isn't there. GC did save the original jpeg to the Originals folder but it changed the file in the working folder to a tiff. I tried deleting the prefs and restarting the program but the operation remains the same. What I expected to happen was to just have the exif data changed with the new comment. I don't want the filetype changed and really I wanted the image portion to be exactly the same (no resaving/compressing etc.) Rich
Patrick Axe

Convert & Modify Option settings keep reverting to default

Post by Patrick Axe »

I like to keep the options in Convert & Modify everytime I convert a set of picts ... I have noticed that the options that I sset up are being reset to the "default" settings anytime I close GC and eventually reopen it ... it used to save my option settings but no longer is .... do I have to trash the prefs yet again :( or is this an actual problem with the current version itself .... I'm on GC Version 8.3 (1000)
Richard Ball

Post by Richard Ball »

You mean use a browser window in GC or a Finder file browser window?The IPTC options in the edit Metadata contextual menu doesn't have an input option just copy from/to spotlight comments so I'm not sure exactly what you mean by using IPTC for inputting text.Rich On Sep 27, 2012, at 2:48 PM, Thorsten Lemke wrote:Hello,argh - please use the browser for this.Open and save will decrease the JPEG quality due decompression. Also, use IPTC for your text. That is much more standardized.Thorsten-----------------------------------------------------------------On 27.09.2012, at 20:42, Richard Ball <rgb@ellerbach.com> wrote:I have a folder of images I want to add comments to. I open an image and add the comment and then click Save&Next. The window opens the next picture but if I go back the comment I added isn't there. GC did save the original jpeg to the Originals folder but it changed the file in the working folder to a tiff.I tried deleting the prefs and restarting the program but the operation remains the same.What I expected to happen was to just have the exif data changed with the new comment. I don't want the filetype changed and really I wanted the image portion to be exactly the same (no resaving/compressing etc.)Rich
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,File/Browser in GC.Thorsten   You mean use a browser window in GC or a Finder file browser window?The IPTC options in the edit Metadata contextual menu doesn't have an input option just copy from/to spotlight comments so I'm not sure exactly what you mean by using IPTC for inputting text.RichOn Sep 27, 2012, at 2:48 PM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: