File rename uses UTC rather than local time?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
mike

File rename uses UTC rather than local time?

Post by mike »

Mac OS X 10.6.8 GC 8.3 Here's my current workflow for importing JPGs: --insert SD card, which triggers launch of GC --select images, import to destination folder --select images in destination folder --select "Click and Modify", then "Rename" function --click "Go", which is supposed to rename the image file names into the format YYMMDD-hhmm-ss (document creation date) --the Rename pane clearly shows IMG0001.JPG as current name and 121003-1430-35.JPG as the new name --click "Rename" and quit GC When I go to the image file via the Finder, the file name is NOT 121003-1430-35.JPG, but rather 121003-1930-35.JPG, which is UTC (my local time plus 5 hrs). This bug has just arisen very recently -- this workflow was working fine, renaming files with local time, a week ago, but photos in the last two days are renamed to UTC time even though the RENAME pane clearly shows the new file name to be local time. I.e., the new file name indicated in the RENAME pane is not the same as the actual new file name assigned by GC. I hope I've made this clear enough -- any ideas? TIA for help and suggestions. Mike
mike

Re: File rename uses UTC rather than local time?

Post by mike »

I went back and looked at some earlier image files, and this problem may have been around longer than I realized, perhaps since the release of GC 8.3?
Wally I Reid

Post by Wally I Reid »

On 2012-10-03, at 5:33 PM, Mike wrote:   I went back and looked at some earlier image files, and this problem may have been around longer than I realized, perhaps since the release of GC 8.3? Wally I Reid When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work, because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation!
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,that should be solved with the latest BETA:http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlThorsten   I went back and looked at some earlier image files, and this problem may have been around longer than I realized, perhaps since the release of GC 8.3?
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

Thorstem,729.5 MB, are you kidding? On Oct 4, 2012, at 12:24 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote:Hello,that should be solved with the latest BETA:http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlThorstenI went back and looked at some earlier image files, and this problem may have been around longer than I realized, perhaps since the release of GC 8.3? Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
watcombeman

Post by watcombeman »

According to my current download window, 167 MB :-) John. --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Robert Poland <rpoland@...> wrote: > > Thorstem, > > 729.5 MB, are you kidding? > > > On Oct 4, 2012, at 12:24 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > > > > > > Hello, > > > > that should be solved with the latest BETA: > > > > http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html > > > > Thorsten > > > >> I went back and looked at some earlier image files, and this problem may have been around longer than I realized, perhaps since the release of GC 8.3? > >> > >> > > > > > > > > > > Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,did you maybe download the uncompressed version?Thorsten----------------------------------------------------------------- On 04.10.2012, at 16:01, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote:   Thorstem,729.5 MB, are you kidding?On Oct 4, 2012, at 12:24 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote:
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

Thorsten,I clicked on this "GraphicConverter 8.3.1 (Build 1021) (100MB) for 10.6.8 or later multi language" On Oct 4, 2012, at 8:30 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote:Hi,did you maybe download the uncompressed version?Thorsten-----------------------------------------------------------------On 04.10.2012, at 16:01, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote:Thorstem,729.5 MB, are you kidding?On Oct 4, 2012, at 12:24 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

Same here, in the download window, but the App Get Info says 729,5 MB. On Oct 4, 2012, at 8:16 AM, "watcombeman" <john@yclept.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote: > According to my current download window, 167 MB :-) > John. > > --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Robert Poland <rpoland@...> wrote: >> >> Thorstem, >> >> 729.5 MB, are you kidding? >> >> >> On Oct 4, 2012, at 12:24 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: >> >>> >>> >>> Hello, >>> >>> that should be solved with the latest BETA: >>> >>> http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html >>> >>> Thorsten >>> >>>> I went back and looked at some earlier image files, and this problem may have been around longer than I realized, perhaps since the release of GC 8.3? >>>> >>>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >> >> Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO >> > > > > > ------------------------------------ > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,the download size is 122MB.Thorsten´ On 04.10.2012, at 16:34, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote:   Same here, in the download window, but the App Get Info says 729,5 MB. On Oct 4, 2012, at 8:16 AM, "watcombeman" <john@yclept.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote: > According to my current download window, 167 MB :-) > John. > > --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Robert Poland <rpoland@...> wrote: >> >> Thorstem, >> >> 729.5 MB, are you kidding? >> >>