annoying white border

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Roberto Manuel Latorre

annoying white border

Post by Roberto Manuel Latorre »

Dear GC forum people:I have, for a short while, noticed that, whenever I «Save As» in GC, the picture, photo, image, etc. which I saved ends up on Folder showing a white margin. Not like before. I have no idea where that comes from, but I went through my saved emails looking for something I *think* I remember seeing, which was either a function of Finder which one can tweak, or a function of GC which one can tweak. I hope.Note: I have now the same thing when I «Save As» in Photoshop. Sigh. If anyone remembers what it was, please tell. I will keep digging... Remember, you're unique, just like everybody else.
thorstenlemke

Re: annoying white border

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,many thanks for your e-mail.Do you mean the icon in the finder?Which MacOS do you use?Please e-mail a sample file zipped.Thorsten On 04.10.2012, at 23:40, Roberto Manuel Latorre <ronin55calo@yahoo.com> wrote:   Dear GC forum people:I have, for a short while, noticed that, whenever I «Save As» in GC, the picture, photo, image, etc. which I saved ends up on Folder showing a white margin. Not like before. I have no idea where that comes from, but I went through my saved emails looking for something I *think* I remember seeing, which was either a function of Finder which one can tweak, or a function of GC which one can tweak. I hope.Note: I have now the same thing when I «Save As» in Photoshop. Sigh. If anyone remembers what it was, please tell. I will keep digging... Remember, you're unique, just like everybody else.
Roberto Manuel Latorre

Re: annoying white border

Post by Roberto Manuel Latorre »

Dear Herr Lemke:  Thank you. I installed the new beta & all is well. Thank you. Then, I went back -using my other Mac- and trashed the preferences on the old version, and that worked as well (slapped myself on the wrist for not having tried that first) but then I had the problem again on that other Mac. So I applied the new beta & all is well. (I use my iMac for quantity & my MacBookPro for field work.) Remember, you're unique, just like everybody else. From: Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> To: gcmac@yahoogroups.com Sent: Friday, October 5, 2012 1:47 AM Subject: Re: [gcmac] annoying white border   Hello,many thanks for your e-mail.Do you mean the icon in the finder?Which MacOS do you use?Please e-mail a sample file zipped.Thorsten On 04.10.2012, at 23:40, Roberto Manuel Latorre <ronin55calo@yahoo.com> wrote:   Dear GC forum people:I have, for a short while, noticed that, whenever I «Save As» in GC, the picture, photo, image, etc. which I saved ends up on Folder showing a white margin. Not like before. I have no idea where that comes from, but I went through my saved emails looking for something I *think* I remember seeing, which was either a function of Finder which one can tweak, or a function of GC which one can tweak. I hope.Note: I have now the same thing when I «Save As» in Photoshop. Sigh. If anyone remembers what it was, please tell. I will keep digging... Remember, you're unique, just like everybody else.