Batch Convert Cat Scan Unix Executable Stills to JPEG?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
dale40203

Batch Convert Cat Scan Unix Executable Stills to JPEG?

Post by dale40203 »

I have a series of hundreds of still frame files which I need to string together as a movie in QuickTime Pro. They are Unix executables and I want to convert them to JPEG or directly to a movie. Here is a link to one of the frames. http://www.margnat.com/tech/555353.zip Suggestions appreciated. Thank you, DaleH
thorstenlemke

Re: Batch Convert Cat Scan Unix Executable Stills to JPEG?

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,what is the file format of that frames?Thorsten On 22.10.2012, at 16:15, "dale40203" <dhoff@margnat.com> wrote:   I have a series of hundreds of still frame files which I need to string together as a movie in QuickTime Pro. They are Unix executables and I want to convert them to JPEG or directly to a movie. Here is a link to one of the frames. http://www.margnat.com/tech/555353.zip Suggestions appreciated. Thank you, DaleH
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,I found it is a dicom. But it uses an unknown compression.I will recheck.Thorsten On 22.10.2012, at 16:31, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote:   Hi,what is the file format of that frames?Thorsten On 22.10.2012, at 16:15, "dale40203" <dhoff@margnat.com> wrote:.
Dale Hoffman

Post by Dale Hoffman »

Hello, When I "Get Info" on the file all I get under Kind is "Unix Eecutable File". GCM won't open it but Photoshop will. Dale On Oct 22, 2012, at 10:31 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: > Hi, > > > what is the file format of that frames? > > Thorsten > > > On 22.10.2012, at 16:15, "dale40203" <dhoff@margnat.com> wrote: > >> >> I have a series of hundreds of still frame files which I need to string together as a movie in QuickTime Pro. >> They are Unix executables and I want to convert them to JPEG or directly to a movie. >> >> Here is a link to one of the frames. >> http://www.margnat.com/tech/555353.zip >> >> Suggestions appreciated. >> >> Thank you, >> DaleH
Carl von Einem

Post by Carl von Einem »

exiftool says Derivation Description: 3:1 JPEGLOSSLESSPROCFIRSTORDERREDICT Thorsten Lemke schrieb am 22.10.12 16:39: > > > Hi, > > I found it is a dicom. But it uses an unknown compression. > > I will recheck. > > Thorsten > > > On 22.10.2012, at 16:31, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de > <mailto:lemke@lemkesoft.de>> wrote: > >> Hi, >> >> >> what is the file format of that frames? >> >> Thorsten >> >> >> On 22.10.2012, at 16:15, "dale40203" <dhoff@margnat.com >> <mailto:dhoff@margnat.com>> wrote: >> . > > > > >
Carl von Einem

Post by Carl von Einem »

Following an old habit I first checked with a simple text editor (TextWrangler works great for this). Thus you can have a look at the file header and the file starts with 'DICM' Looked it up in Wikipedia (listed in the German version only) .dcim -> Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine So it's from a CT I added that as a file extension (555353.DICM) et voila�, it opened in GraphicConverter (actually an old version 6.7.1 on this machine). You can also use exiftool as a quick way to look up what information is included, works better than "Get info" in the Finder. Just install exiftool, open your Terminal, type exiftool (followed by a blank), then drag the file from the finder on the terminal window and 'enter'. Dale Hoffman schrieb am 22.10.12 16:45: > Hello, > > When I "Get Info" on the file all I get under Kind is "Unix Eecutable File". > GCM won't open it but Photoshop will. > > Dale > > > > On Oct 22, 2012, at 10:31 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: > >> Hi, >> >> >> what is the file format of that frames? >> >> Thorsten >> >> >> On 22.10.2012, at 16:15, "dale40203"<dhoff@margnat.com> wrote: >> >>> >>> I have a series of hundreds of still frame files which I need to string together as a movie in QuickTime Pro. >>> They are Unix executables and I want to convert them to JPEG or directly to a movie. >>> >>> Here is a link to one of the frames. >>> http://www.margnat.com/tech/555353.zip >>> >>> Suggestions appreciated. >>> >>> Thank you, >>> DaleH > > > > ------------------------------------ > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > >
watcombeman

Post by watcombeman »

I tried this using GC 8.3.1 (just as an experiment), and it didn't open :-( John. --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Carl von Einem <einem@...> wrote: > > Following an old habit I first checked with a simple text editor > (TextWrangler works great for this). Thus you can have a look at the > file header and the file starts with 'DICM' > > Looked it up in Wikipedia (listed in the German version only) > .dcim -> Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine > So it's from a CT > > I added that as a file extension (555353.DICM) et voila�, it opened in > GraphicConverter (actually an old version 6.7.1 on this machine). > > You can also use exiftool as a quick way to look up what information is > included, works better than "Get info" in the Finder. Just install > exiftool, open your Terminal, type > exiftool > (followed by a blank), then drag the file from the finder on the > terminal window and 'enter'. > > Dale Hoffman schrieb am 22.10.12 16:45: > > Hello, > > > > When I "Get Info" on the file all I get under Kind is "Unix Eecutable File". > > GCM won't open it but Photoshop will. > > > > Dale > > > > > > > > On Oct 22, 2012, at 10:31 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: > > > >> Hi, > >> > >> > >> what is the file format of that frames? > >> > >> Thorsten > >> > >> > >> On 22.10.2012, at 16:15, "dale40203"<dhoff@...> wrote: > >> > >>> > >>> I have a series of hundreds of still frame files which I need to string together as a movie in QuickTime Pro. > >>> They are Unix executables and I want to convert them to JPEG or directly to a movie. > >>> > >>> Here is a link to one of the frames. > >>> http://www.margnat.com/tech/555353.zip > >>> > >>> Suggestions appreciated. > >>> > >>> Thank you, > >>> DaleH > > > > > > > > ------------------------------------ > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > > >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,yes, due the unsupported compression.Thorsten On 22.10.2012, at 18:01, "watcombeman" <john@yclept.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote:   I tried this using GC 8.3.1 (just as an experiment), and it didn't open :-( John. --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Carl von Einem <einem@...> wrote: > > Following an old habit I first checked with a simple text editor > (TextWrangler works great for this). Thus you can have a look at the > file header and the file starts with 'DICM' > > Looked it up in Wikipedia (listed in the German version only) > .dcim -> Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine > So it's from a CT > > I added that as a file extension (555353.DICM) et voila�, it opened in > GraphicConverter (actually an old version 6.7.1 on this machine). > > You can also use exiftool as a quick way to look up what information is > included, works better than "Get info" in the Finder. Just install > exiftool, open your Terminal, type > exiftool > (followed by a blank), then drag the file from the finder on the > terminal window and 'enter'. > > Dale Hoffman schrieb am 22.10.12 16:45: > > Hello, > > > > When I "Get Info" on the file all I get under Kind is "Unix Eecutable File". > > GCM won't open it but Photoshop will. > > > > Dale > > > >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Yes, I know. But also the bioformat sdk did fail onto it.Thorsten On 22.10.2012, at 16:49, Carl von Einem <einem@gmx.de> wrote:   exiftool says Derivation Description: 3:1 JPEGLOSSLESSPROCFIRSTORDERREDICT Thorsten Lemke schrieb am 22.10.12 16:39: > > > Hi, > > I found it is a dicom. But it uses an unknown compression. > > I will recheck. > > Thorsten > > > On 22.10.2012, at 16:31, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de > <mailto:lemke@lemkesoft.de>> wrote: > >> Hi,
Alan Fry

Post by Alan Fry »

On 22 Oct 2012, at 15:15, dale40203 wrote:   I have a series of hundreds of still frame files which I need to string together as a movie in QuickTime Pro. They are Unix executables and I want to convert them to JPEG or directly to a movie.The header to this file inter alia reads: GE MEDICAL SYSTEMS€Norton - DIAGNOSTIC IMAGING Bates^Elizabeth