Batch Convert Cat Scan Unix Executable Stills to JPEG?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Alan Fry

Re: Batch Convert Cat Scan Unix Executable Stills to JPEG?

Post by Alan Fry »

On 22 Oct 2012, at 16:11, Carl von Einem wrote:   Following an old habit I first checked with a simple text editor (TextWrangler works great for this). Thus you can have a look at the file header and the file starts with 'DICM' Looked it up in Wikipedia (listed in the German version only) .dcim -> Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine So it's from a CT I added that as a file extension (555353.DICM) et voila�, it opened in GraphicConverter (actually an old version 6.7.1 on this machine).Hmm. That doesn't work for me using GC 8.3.1 (1032)Alan Fry You can also use exiftool as a quick way to look up what information is included, works better than "Get info" in the Finder. Just install exiftool, open your Terminal, type exiftool (followed by a blank), then drag the file from the finder on the terminal window and 'enter'. Dale Hoffman schrieb am 22.10.12 16:45: > Hello, > > When I "Get Info" on the file all I get under Kind is "Unix Eecutable File". > GCM won't open it but Photoshop will. > > Dale > > > > On Oct 22, 2012, at 10:31 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: > >> Hi, >> >> >> what is the file format of that frames? >> >> Thorsten >> >> >> On 22.10.2012, at 16:15, "dale40203"<dhoff@margnat.com> wrote: >> >>> >>> I have a series of hundreds of still frame files which I need to string together as a movie in QuickTime Pro. >>> They are Unix executables and I want to convert them to JPEG or directly to a movie. >>> >>> Here is a link to one of the frames. >>> http://www.margnat.com/tech/555353.zip >>> >>> Suggestions appreciated. >>> >>> Thank you, >>> DaleH > >
Alan Fry

Post by Alan Fry »

For some reason only the first three lines of my last  message seem to have been transmitted, so I am resending, hoping for better results!Alan Fry On 22 Oct 2012, at 15:15, dale40203 wrote:   I have a series of hundreds of still frame files which I need to string together as a movie in QuickTime Pro. They are Unix executables and I want to convert them to JPEG or directly to a movie.The header to this file inter alia reads: GE MEDICAL SYSTEMS€Norton - DIAGNOSTIC IMAGING Bates^Elizabeth nthradct2 0ANGIO CHESTThe only application I have which opens this (and I hope I am not out of order mentioning it here) is ImageMagick. Assuming the image is on your Desktop you can convert to JPEG by the commandscd ~/Desktop/convert 555353 ~555353.jpgThe results of that are attached. I have no means of knowing if it is a correct rendering but it looks reasonably like a chest tomography?With a Perl scrip it would be possible to whizz through a folder of a some hundreds very speedily. I would be happy to help with this either on this list or privately as you and everyone else would wish.HTH,Alan Fry Here is a link to one of the frames. http://www.margnat.com/tech/555353.zip Suggestions appreciated. Thank you, DaleH
James Plante

Post by James Plante »

There's a free DICOM viewer app at www.osirix-viewer.com. There are three paid apps; the free one is marked "for basic users." Osirix will allow you to scan back and forth through a set of MRI or CAT images by scrubbing a slider. It does even more, and with less trouble, than a QT movie would entail. Jim Plante On Oct 22, 2012, at 9:15 AM, dale40203 <dhoff@margnat.com> wrote:   I have a series of hundreds of still frame files which I need to string together as a movie in QuickTime Pro. They are Unix executables and I want to convert them to JPEG or directly to a movie. Here is a link to one of the frames. http://www.margnat.com/tech/555353.zip Suggestions appreciated. Thank you, DaleH
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,I found a workaround. So, a new beta (which will open the file) will be available in the evening.Thorsten On 23.10.2012, at 01:56, James Plante <jimplante@me.com> wrote:   There's a free DICOM viewer app at www.osirix-viewer.com. There are three paid apps; the free one is marked "for basic users." Osirix will allow you to scan back and forth through a set of MRI or CAT images by scrubbing a slider. It does even more, and with less trouble, than a QT movie would entail. Jim PlanteOn Oct 22, 2012, at 9:15 AM, dale40203 <dhoff@margnat.com> wrote:   I have a series of hundreds of still frame files which I need to string together as a movie in QuickTime Pro. They are Unix executables and I want to convert them to JPEG or directly to a movie. Here is a link to one of the frames. http://www.margnat.com/tech/555353.zip Suggestions appreciated. Thank you, DaleH