Conversion of Fuji X-Pro 1 RAF Files

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
cjdnvd

Conversion of Fuji X-Pro 1 RAF Files

Post by cjdnvd »

Hello, Having previously used Graphics Convertor up to v 6, I just purchased the new v 8.3 Graphic Convertor from the app store, after reading that it supported conversion of RAF files. However, my hopes were dashed when I discovered that it will only export the 1920 x 1280 preview tiff, not the full resolution 16MP file. Could you please tell me when it will support this? I believe that Graphic Convertor uses dcraw for its conversions and the latest version of dcraw (9.16) already supports the Fuji X-Pro 1 format and is capable of producing full resolution tiff files. Thanks, Clive Dickinson
thorstenlemke

Re: Conversion of Fuji X-Pro 1 RAF Files

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello Clive,I use dcraw for the raw import.It imports normally the existing image.Simple e-mail a sample file.Thorsten On 03.11.2012, at 14:06, "cjdnvd" <xarucasa@gmail.com> wrote:   Hello, Having previously used Graphics Convertor up to v 6, I just purchased the new v 8.3 Graphic Convertor from the app store, after reading that it supported conversion of RAF files. However, my hopes were dashed when I discovered that it will only export the 1920 x 1280 preview tiff, not the full resolution 16MP file. Could you please tell me when it will support this? I believe that Graphic Convertor uses dcraw for its conversions and the latest version of dcraw (9.16) already supports the Fuji X-Pro 1 format and is capable of producing full resolution tiff files. Thanks, Clive Dickinson
cjdnvd

Post by cjdnvd »

Hello Thorsten, Thanks for your reply. I could not work out how to send an attachment via this group, so I have sent one via normal email to support@lemkesoft.com I hope that will get to you, as it is a very large file. --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello Clive, > > I use dcraw for the raw import. > > It imports normally the existing image. > > Simple e-mail a sample file. > > Thorsten > > > On 03.11.2012, at 14:06, "cjdnvd" <xarucasa@...> wrote: > > > Hello, > > > > Having previously used Graphics Convertor up to v 6, I just purchased the new v 8.3 Graphic Convertor from the app store, after reading that it supported conversion of RAF files. However, my hopes were dashed when I discovered that it will only export the 1920 x 1280 preview tiff, not the full resolution 16MP file. > > > > Could you please tell me when it will support this? I believe that Graphic Convertor uses dcraw for its conversions and the latest version of dcraw (9.16) already supports the Fuji X-Pro 1 format and is capable of producing full resolution tiff files. > > > > Thanks, > > > > Clive Dickinson > > > > >
Christopher Stone

Post by Christopher Stone »

On Nov 03, 2012, at 16:55, cjdnvd <xarucasa@gmail.com> wrote: > Thanks for your reply. I could not work out how to send an attachment via this group, so I have sent one via normal email to support@lemkesoft.com ______________________________________________________________________ Sending an attachment to the group should be as simple as attaching the file with your favorite email client. However sending BIG files to a listserve is generally considered rude — particularly when the desired recipient is one individual. DropBox (free or paid) is one of the better solutions for transferring large files. -- Best Regards, Chris
Clive Dickinson

Post by Clive Dickinson »

Dear Christopher, Please accept my apology for offending you. I assure you that was not my intention. Thorsten asked me to send the file via email and I am new to yahoo. I had no idea how to send the file. I tried to zip it up, but being a raw image file it did not reduce much. I do not use Dropbox, because I have had a bad experience with the security issues in Dropbox. Anyway, rest assured that I will not be doing this again. Once again, I apologise to you and anyone else I have offended. Sincerely, Clive Dickinson On 04/11/2012, at 11:57 , Christopher Stone <listmeister@thestoneforge.com> wrote: > On Nov 03, 2012, at 16:55, cjdnvd <xarucasa@gmail.com> wrote: >> Thanks for your reply. I could not work out how to send an attachment via this group, so I have sent one via normal email to support@lemkesoft.com > > ______________________________________________________________________ > > Sending an attachment to the group should be as simple as attaching the file with your favorite email client. However sending BIG files to a listserve is generally considered rude — particularly when the desired recipient is one individual. > > DropBox (free or paid) is one of the better solutions for transferring large files. > > -- > Best Regards, > Chris > > > > ------------------------------------ > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,I got the file by e-mail.dcraw by Dave Coffin does identify it as: 4952 x 3288 pixel.Apple Image I/O does not support it. So, I use the dcraw converter for the import.Because Fuji did never publish the file format details. So, I did not write a direct importer.Thorsten On 03.11.2012, at 22:55, "cjdnvd" <xarucasa@gmail.com> wrote:   Hello Thorsten, Thanks for your reply. I could not work out how to send an attachment via this group, so I have sent one via normal email to support@lemkesoft.com I hope that will get to you, as it is a very large file. --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello Clive, > > I use dcraw for the raw import. > > It imports normally the existing image. > > Simple e-mail a sample file. > > Thorsten > > 
cjdnvd

Post by cjdnvd »

Hello Thorsten, Thanks for that info. I still cannot get GC to do the conversion as it is. However, I replaced the dcraw in the GC package with dcraw v9.16 and did a convert and modify using the colour profile photo pro RGB and it produced a full sized tiff which has good colour. If I just do a straight convert with dcraw 9.16 then the colour is all wrong. Is it Ok to do this (ie replace the dcraw in the GC package with the updated version of dcraw)? Clive --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello, > > I got the file by e-mail. > > dcraw by Dave Coffin does identify it as: 4952 x 3288 pixel. > > Apple Image I/O does not support it. > > So, I use the dcraw converter for the import. > > Because Fuji did never publish the file format details. So, I did not write a direct importer. > > Thorsten >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello Clive,curious. It works here.Did you try the latest BETA?http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlRegardsThorsten Lemke  On 04.11.2012, at 23:55, "cjdnvd" <xarucasa@gmail.com> wrote:   Hello Thorsten, Thanks for that info. I still cannot get GC to do the conversion as it is. However, I replaced the dcraw in the GC package with dcraw v9.16 and did a convert and modify using the colour profile photo pro RGB and it produced a full sized tiff which has good colour. If I just do a straight convert with dcraw 9.16 then the colour is all wrong. Is it Ok to do this (ie replace the dcraw in the GC package with the updated version of dcraw)? Clive --- In gc
cjdnvd

Post by cjdnvd »

Hello, Thorsten I downloaded the Beta and it worked. I notice that it contains the version of dcraw to which I referred. This will be a good solution for me when it is released. Unfortunately I ordered the version 8.3 through the Apple app store, because I thought you were no longer selling GC direct and I needed to update from v 6. Therefore now I guess I do not have a working serial number for the BETA. When do you think it will be released through the app store? Clive --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello Clive, > > curious. It works here. > Did you try the latest BETA? > > http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html > > Regards > Thorsten Lemke > On 04.11.2012, at 23:55, "cjdnvd" <xarucasa@...> wrote: > > > Hello Thorsten, > > > > Thanks for that info. I still cannot get GC to do the conversion as it is. However, I replaced the dcraw in the GC package with dcraw v9.16 and did a convert and modify using the colour profile photo pro RGB and it produced a full sized tiff which has good colour. If I just do a straight convert with dcraw 9.16 then the colour is all wrong. > > > > Is it Ok to do this (ie replace the dcraw in the GC package with the updated version of dcraw)? > > > > Clive > > > > --- In gc >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello Clive,I will submit the new version at the end of the week to the Mac App Store.The review time is currently around 20 days.So, you can e-mail a copy of your purchase receipt to lemke@lemkesoft.de and I will issue a normal license.Thorsten On 05.11.2012, at 14:11, "cjdnvd" <xarucasa@gmail.com> wrote:   Hello, Thorsten I downloaded the Beta and it worked. I notice that it contains the version of dcraw to which I referred. This will be a good solution for me when it is released. Unfortunately I ordered the version 8.3 through the Apple app store, because I thought you were no longer selling GC direct and I needed to update from v 6. Therefore now I guess I do not have a working serial number for the BETA. When do you think it will be released through the app store? Clive