Color shift on batch save

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
jalomicka

Color shift on batch save

Post by jalomicka »

I have a number of bath scripts that crop/resize and save images as new JPEG files, and have noticed I'm getting a significant color shift from the original. I also get the shift using "convert & modify" with no batch. - I reduced the script until ALL the actions were removed, and still get the shift. - Source images are JPEG output from Photoshop CS5 - I tried all four combinations of profile settings in JPEG format options, with and without sRGB and with and without ICC profile I noticed it in version 6, upgraded to latest 8.3.1 and it still does it. I must have changed something ... any ideas how I can do this conversion and preserve the colors? - Jeff
thorstenlemke

Re: Color shift on batch save

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello Jeff,did you maybe check any color embed options in the jpeg prefs?Thorsten On 16.11.2012, at 14:19, "jalomicka" <jeff@jncquilts.com> wrote:   I have a number of bath scripts that crop/resize and save images as new JPEG files, and have noticed I'm getting a significant color shift from the original. I also get the shift using "convert & modify" with no batch. - I reduced the script until ALL the actions were removed, and still get the shift. - Source images are JPEG output from Photoshop CS5 - I tried all four combinations of profile settings in JPEG format options, with and without sRGB and with and without ICC profile I noticed it in version 6, upgraded to latest 8.3.1 and it still does it. I must have changed something ... any ideas how I can do this conversion and preserve the colors? - Jeff
Jeffrey Lomicka

Re: Color shift on batch save

Post by Jeffrey Lomicka »

I wasn't sure if I covered all the options, so took the "large hammer" and delete all preferences, and that appears to have cleared up the problem. Probably a good idea anyway, as I just did a two-major-version upgrade. So far, all of my Applescript scripts from version 6 still work, yea!             - Jeff On 11/16/12 11:51 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote:   Hello Jeff, did you maybe check any color embed options in the jpeg prefs? Thorsten On 16.11.2012, at 14:19, "jalomicka" <jeff@jncquilts.com> wrote:   I have a number of bath scripts that crop/resize and save images as new JPEG files, and have noticed I'm getting a significant color shift from the original. I also get the shift using "convert & modify" with no batch.