GC 8.3.1 - Full screen

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Robert Poland

GC 8.3.1 - Full screen

Post by Robert Poland »

Thorsten, I know how to click on the double arrows in the upper right corner to go to full screen and go further to the top right corner to click on the double arrows and return to previous view. BUT the more conventional is to hit the escape key to exit full screen. I guess this is a feature request… TIA, Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
thorstenlemke

Re: GC 8.3.1 - Full screen

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello Robert, Full screen is handled by the Mac OS since 10.7.x. Thorsten On 16.11.2012, at 16:07, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: > Thorsten, > > I know how to click on the double arrows in the upper right corner to go to full screen and go further to the top right corner to click on the double arrows and return to previous view. > > BUT the more conventional is to hit the escape key to exit full screen. > > I guess this is a feature request… > > TIA, > > > Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO > > >
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

On Nov 16, 2012, at 9:47 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: > Hello Robert, > > Full screen is handled by the Mac OS since 10.7.x. How do others handle it then, Photoshop Elements and Safari for example. > > Thorsten > > On 16.11.2012, at 16:07, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: > >> Thorsten, >> >> I know how to click on the double arrows in the upper right corner to go to full screen and go further to the top right corner to click on the double arrows and return to previous view. >> >> BUT the more conventional is to hit the escape key to exit full screen. >> >> I guess this is a feature request… >> >> TIA, >> >> >> Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Robert, normally the same way. The standard keyboard events are handled by the Mac OS for that functions. Thorsten On 16.11.2012, at 22:04, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: > > On Nov 16, 2012, at 9:47 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: > >> Hello Robert, >> >> Full screen is handled by the Mac OS since 10.7.x. > > How do others handle it then, Photoshop Elements and Safari for example. >> >> Thorsten
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Robert, I rechecked. esc is also used to deselect the current selection since version 5. Thorsten On 16.11.2012, at 22:04, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: > > On Nov 16, 2012, at 9:47 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: > >> Hello Robert, >> >> Full screen is handled by the Mac OS since 10.7.x. > > How do others handle it then, Photoshop Elements and Safari for example. >> >> Thorsten
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

Are you then blocking the escape key? On Nov 17, 2012, at 12:20 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: > Hi Robert, > > normally the same way. The standard keyboard events are handled by the Mac OS for that functions. > > Thorsten > > > On 16.11.2012, at 22:04, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: > >> >> On Nov 16, 2012, at 9:47 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: >> >>> Hello Robert, >>> >>> Full screen is handled by the Mac OS since 10.7.x. >> >> How do others handle it then, Photoshop Elements and Safari for example. >>> >>> Thorsten Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, my event handler is just catching the key first. Thorsten On 17.11.2012, at 15:35, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: > Are you then blocking the escape key? > > On Nov 17, 2012, at 12:20 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: > >> Hi Robert, >> >> normally the same way. The standard keyboard events are handled by the Mac OS for that functions. >> >> Thorsten >> >> >> On 16.11.2012, at 22:04, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: >> >>> >>> On Nov 16, 2012, at 9:47 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: >>> >>>> Hello Robert, >>>> >>>> Full screen is handled by the Mac OS since 10.7.x. >>> >>> How do others handle it then, Photoshop Elements and Safari for example.
Christopher Stone

Post by Christopher Stone »

On Nov 16, 2012, at 10:47, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: Full screen is handled by the Mac OS since 10.7.x.______________________________________________________________________Apple's full-screen switching is one of their very most stupid ideas of all time.When do I EVER want to wait 2 full seconds to switch to or from full-screen...--Chris