Conversion batches loosing insert picture after update

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Karsten Wolf

Conversion batches loosing insert picture after update

Post by Karsten Wolf »

On a imac 10.6 two different users use GC 8.3.1(1058). After the last update, the stored batches of the other user lost their file references for a script with the "insert picture" script step. The script showed up as if no file was selected. The batches are stored individually in each users "Actions" folder. The scripts are started automatically and are used to watermark pictures; users often don't see that their conversion failed. -karsten
thorstenlemke

Re: Conversion batches loosing insert picture after update

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello Karsten,yes, that does apply only to batches which use file references. This are no longer allows due Apple sandboxing. I changed to bookmarks.Thorsten On 27.11.2012, at 15:16, Karsten Wolf <karstenwo@googlemail.com> wrote:   On a imac 10.6 two different users use GC 8.3.1(1058). After the last update, the stored batches of the other user lost their file references for a script with the "insert picture" script step. The script showed up as if no file was selected. The batches are stored individually in each users "Actions" folder. The scripts are started automatically and are used to watermark pictures; users often don't see that their conversion failed. -karsten
Karsten Wolf

Re: Conversion batches loosing insert picture after update

Post by Karsten Wolf »

Am 27.11.2012 um 18:34 schrieb Thorsten Lemke: > Hello Karsten, > > yes, that does apply only to batches which use file references. > This are no longer allows due Apple sandboxing. I changed to > bookmarks. > > Thorsten I used "file references" as a general term here. I did not mean FSRefs (which were used in GC6 I guess). The previous version before the update was from last month. I haven't looked at bookmarks yet, but I think they should survive an update from version 8.x to 8.y. And it's the other user that looses the watermark file in his own script file, not the installing one. -karsten