Sorting folders

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
JOHN

Sorting folders

Post by JOHN »

I would like to sort my photo folders by various methods such as date or file extension but do not see a button or menu item to do that in the browser. Is there a way to do that?
thorstenlemke

Re: Sorting folders

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,did you look at the rot popup at the bottom?Thorsten- On 05.01.2013, at 14:14, "John" <turbo@ptd.net> wrote:   I would like to sort my photo folders by various methods such as date or file extension but do not see a button or menu item to do that in the browser. Is there a way to do that?
JOHN

Post by JOHN »

I'm not sure that I follow you. Where would I find the "rot popup"? I see 3 buttons on the lower left side of the screen by the folder area - one to toggle between folder types the other is for preview and the other a drop area. "did you look at the rot popup at the bottom?" --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, "John" wrote: > > I would like to sort my photo folders by various methods such as date or file extension but do not see a button or menu item to do that in the browser. Is there a way to do that? >
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

If you're in the Browse window, look at the bottom right. See attached On Jan 5, 2013, at 10:10 AM, "John" <turbo@ptd.net> wrote:I'm not sure that I follow you. Where would I find the "rot popup"? I see 3 buttons on the lower left side of the screen by the folder area - one to toggle between folder types  the other is for preview and the other a drop area."did you look at the rot popup at the bottom?"--- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, "John"  wrote:I would like to sort my photo folders by various methods such as date or file extension but do not see a button or menu item to do that in the browser. Is there a way to do that?Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
JOHN

Post by JOHN »

OK, thanks so much, I see now. For the sorting options to show I have to toggle the folder button so that the folder listing isn't showing - just the folder with the files. With the folder listing visible the sorting options aren't visible. --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Robert Poland wrote: > > If you're in the Browse window, look at the bottom right. See attached > > > On Jan 5, 2013, at 10:10 AM, "John" wrote: > > > > > I'm not sure that I follow you. Where would I find the "rot popup"? I see 3 buttons on the lower left side of the screen by the folder area - one to toggle between folder types the other is for preview and the other a drop area. > > > > > > "did you look at the rot popup at the bottom?" > > > > --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, "John" wrote: > >> > >> I would like to sort my photo folders by various methods such as date or file extension but do not see a button or menu item to do that in the browser. Is there a way to do that? > >> > > Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO >
JOHN

Post by JOHN »

OK, thanks so much, I see now. For the sorting options to show I have to toggle the folder button so that the folder listing isn't showing - just the folder with the files. With the folder listing visible the sorting options aren't visible. --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Robert Poland wrote: > > If you're in the Browse window, look at the bottom right. See attached > > > On Jan 5, 2013, at 10:10 AM, "John" wrote: > > > > > I'm not sure that I follow you. Where would I find the "rot popup"? I see 3 buttons on the lower left side of the screen by the folder area - one to toggle between folder types the other is for preview and the other a drop area. > > > > > > "did you look at the rot popup at the bottom?" > > > > --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, "John" wrote: > >> > >> I would like to sort my photo folders by various methods such as date or file extension but do not see a button or menu item to do that in the browser. Is there a way to do that? > >> > > Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO >
JOHN

Post by JOHN »

Marino Pascal

Post by Marino Pascal »

Attachments :ishot-786.jpgYou don't need to hide the folder listing pane. I think your window extends past the screen. If you resize your window you can see it all. See attachment. On 1/5/13 9:32 AM, John wrote: > OK, thanks so much, I see now. For the sorting options to show I have to toggle the folder button so that the folder listing isn't showing - just the folder with the files. With the folder listing visible the sorting options aren't visible.
Joseph Galas

Re: Sorting folders [1 Attachment]

Post by Joseph Galas »

I think the issue is that I have the preview pane turned on. Without it I can see the sort options. On Jan 5, 2013, at 4:37 PM, Marino Pascal <weblists@locationscout.com> wrote:   You don't need to hide the folder listing pane. I think your window extends past the screen. If you resize your window you can see it all. See attachment. On 1/5/13 9:32 AM, John wrote: > OK, thanks so much, I see now. For the sorting options to show I have to toggle the folder button so that the folder listing isn't showing - just the folder with the files. With the folder listing visible the sorting options aren't visible.