Set a default folder in the browser?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
John B Alaska Boy

Set a default folder in the browser?

Post by John B Alaska Boy »

Hey all! In GC 7 and earlier there was a way to set a default folder that opened when the browser started up. That feature seems to be missing in GC 8. Any ideas if/how it can be done? The current behavior is that the previous window opened in the browser re-opens upon the browser starting. Thanks! John
Hisashi T Fujinaka

Was there a pixel option in the scale dialog box?

Post by Hisashi T Fujinaka »

I'm not sure if I should check the old doc for this or if my memory is going. -- Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd@twofifty.com BSEE(6/86) + BSChem(3/95) + BAEnglish(8/95) + MSCS(8/03) + $2.50 = latte
Dominick Frank Issi

Re: Was there a pixel option in the scale dialog box?

Post by Dominick Frank Issi »

Hisashi,If you're having memory problems, Other World Computing has the best prices for upgrades or replacement ... and it's guaranteed for LIFE! On Jan 26, 2013, at 8:10 PM, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:   I'm not sure if I should check the old doc for this or if my memory is going. -- Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd@twofifty.com BSEE(6/86) + BSChem(3/95) + BAEnglish(8/95) + MSCS(8/03) + $2.50 = latte
thorstenlemke

Re: Was there a pixel option in the scale dialog box?

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,just click on the popup and select pixels instead of percent.Thorsten On 27.01.2013, at 02:10, Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@twofifty.com> wrote:   I'm not sure if I should check the old doc for this or if my memory is going. -- Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd@twofifty.com BSEE(6/86) + BSChem(3/95) + BAEnglish(8/95) + MSCS(8/03) + $2.50 = latte
thorstenlemke

Re: Set a default folder in the browser?

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,you can select that in the prefs of the current 8.5.1.Thorsten On 26.01.2013, at 22:30, "John B Alaska Boy" <orbibsk@yahoo.com> wrote:   Hey all! In GC 7 and earlier there was a way to set a default folder that opened when the browser started up. That feature seems to be missing in GC 8. Any ideas if/how it can be done? The current behavior is that the previous window opened in the browser re-opens upon the browser starting. Thanks! John
John B

Re: Set a default folder in the browser?

Post by John B »

Thanks THorsten!That must be new I have been looking for it for a while now.THanks!Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:44 am (PST) . Posted by:"Thorsten Lemke" thorstenlemkeHi,you can select that in the prefs of the current 8.5.1.Thorsten On 26.01.2013, at 22:30, "John B Alaska Boy" orbibsk@yahoo. com> wrote:> Hey all!> > In GC 7 and earlier there was a way to set a default folder that opened when the browser started up.> > That feature seems to be missing in GC 8.> > Any ideas if/how it can be done?> > The current behavior is that the previous window opened in the browser re-opens upon the browser starting.> > Thanks!> John> >