Find grayscale images in directory?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Carl von Einem

Re: Find grayscale images in directory?

Post by Carl von Einem »

There is also a way to add special information to files using AppleScript. That may also be worth trying. I'm just not sure how my oldish AppleScripts will perform on your 10.8, AppleScript's syntax changes rather quickly... Carl larry_woodard schrieb am 13.02.13 19:37: > > I was hoping to use GC for this function. The Finder search > got some of the files, but missed the 16 and 24-bit ones. > In these images, the color table is flat and I was hoping > for a means to search based on this or similar criteria.
Andy Scheck

Re: Find grayscale images in directory?

Post by Andy Scheck »

You could use the ImageMagick "identify" command from Terminal to do this. Example: prompt>ls *.jpg color.jpg gray.jpg prompt>identify *.jpg color.jpg JPEG 1024x768 1024x768+0+0 8-bit sRGB 443KB 0.000u 0:00.060 gray.jpg[1] JPEG 1024x768 1024x768+0+0 8-bit Gray 256c 320KB 0.000u 0:00.000 Maybe something like this would work for you: prompt>cd /Volumes/myRecoveredDrive/imageDirectory prompt>identify *.png *.tif *.jpg *.gif : grep Gray There is something on this GraphicConverter "plug-in" page <http://www.lemkesoft.com/content/165/plug-ins.html> that may indicate that it's already there(?) I have it installed via MacPorts, but it's got lots of power for doing command-line type things when you've got lots of files to work with. Andy Scheck Scaggsville, MD --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, "larry_woodard" wrote: > > Hi. > > I had a rather nasty disk crash a few weeks ago (I don't care what they tell you, TechTool Pro 6.0.6 is not compatible with OSX 10.8.x) and lost the directory structure on a 2TB disk. I was able to recover most of the files, but now they're all in a single directory. > > One thing I have not been able to figure out is how to do a Find to help sort the grayscale images from the rest. Any suggestions? > > thanks, > Larry >
jamesk8752

Question about Viewer Window in Browser

Post by jamesk8752 »

Hi Thorsten (and everyone else here). I have a question for which I can't find an answer in Hagen's Manual. Perhaps one of you can help... Most of the time, when I am viewing several images at once in the browser's viewer window using the 100% magnification loupe, the loupes in all the open images are linked and all move as one. This is the behavior I expect and is how I usually prefer the loupe to work. However, sometimes the loupes are not linked for some reason, making it somewhat of a hassle when I want to view the same portion of multiple images (I often test lenses shooting the same subject at different apertures). Can anybody explain why this happens, and is there any fix I can apply to re-link the loupes in this situation? Conversely, sometimes I would prefer to have the loupes unlinked so I can position them in different parts of the viewer images. Is this possible in GC, and if not, is it possible to add it as an option? Ideally, linking of the loupes could be the default option but could be toggled off and on with a menu or keyboard command. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. Regards, Jim
thorstenlemke

Re: Question about Viewer Window in Browser

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Jim,how can I reproduce?Thorsten On 15.02.2013, at 21:54, "jamesk8752" <jamesk8752@comcast.net> wrote:   Hi Thorsten (and everyone else here). I have a question for which I can't find an answer in Hagen's Manual. Perhaps one of you can help... Most of the time, when I am viewing several images at once in the browser's viewer window using the 100% magnification loupe, the loupes in all the open images are linked and all move as one. This is the behavior I expect and is how I usually prefer the loupe to work. However, sometimes the loupes are not linked for some reason, making it somewhat of a hassle when I want to view the same portion of multiple images (I often test lenses shooting the same subject at different apertures). Can anybody explain why this happens, and is there any fix I can apply to re-link the loupes in this situation? Conversely, sometimes I would prefer to have the loupes unlinked so I can position them in different parts of the viewer images. Is this possible in GC, and if not, is it possible to add it as an option? Ideally, linking of the loupes could be the default option but could be toggled off and on with a menu or keyboard command. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. Regards, Jim
jamesk8752

Post by jamesk8752 »

Hi Thorsten, The frustrating thing is that the "unlinked loupes" behavior is erratic - I don't know what triggers it, and it is repeatable for certain image pairs but never occurs for others. It occurs infrequently, thank goodness! Also, I have seen it with many different versions of GC, not just my current one (v8.5.3 build 1141). Here are links to one pair of images that show this behavior: http://www.pbase.com/jamesk8752/image/148811618 http://www.pbase.com/jamesk8752/image/148811641 Thanks for taking the time yo look into this. As I said in my initial post, it would be nice if I could toggle into and out of this mode, as sometimes it is useful. Regards, Jim --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hi Jim, > > how can I reproduce? > > Thorsten > > On 15.02.2013, at 21:54, "jamesk8752" <jamesk8752@...> wrote: > > > Hi Thorsten (and everyone else here). > > > > I have a question for which I can't find an answer in Hagen's Manual. Perhaps one of you can help... > > > > Most of the time, when I am viewing several images at once in the browser's viewer window using the 100% magnification loupe, the loupes in all the open images are linked and all move as one. This is the behavior I expect and is how I usually prefer the loupe to work. > > > > However, sometimes the loupes are not linked for some reason, making it somewhat of a hassle when I want to view the same portion of multiple images (I often test lenses shooting the same subject at different apertures). Can anybody explain why this happens, and is there any fix I can apply to re-link the loupes in this situation? > > > > Conversely, sometimes I would prefer to have the loupes unlinked so I can position them in different parts of the viewer images. Is this possible in GC, and if not, is it possible to add it as an option? Ideally, linking of the loupes could be the default option but could be toggled off and on with a menu or keyboard command. > > > > Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. > > > > Regards, Jim >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Jim,very simple: I can't connect the boxes if the images has a different pixel count.Thorsten On 16.02.2013, at 21:18, "jamesk8752" <jamesk8752@comcast.net> wrote:   Hi Thorsten, The frustrating thing is that the "unlinked loupes" behavior is erratic - I don't know what triggers it, and it is repeatable for certain image pairs but never occurs for others. It occurs infrequently, thank goodness! Also, I have seen it with many different versions of GC, not just my current one (v8.5.3 build 1141). Here are links to one pair of images that show this behavior: http://www.pbase.com/jamesk8752/image/148811618 http://www.pbase.com/jamesk8752/image/148811641 Thanks for taking the time yo look into this. As I said in my initial post, it would be nice if I could toggle into and out of this mode, as sometimes it is useful. Regards, Jim
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,also, just use the 100% button to enable/disable the feature.Thorsten On 16.02.2013, at 21:18, jamesk8752 <jamesk8752@comcast.net> wrote:   Hi Thorsten, The frustrating thing is that the "unlinked loupes" behavior is erratic - I don't know what triggers it, and it is repeatable for certain image pairs but never occurs for others. It occurs infrequently, thank goodness! Also, I have seen it with many different versions of GC, not just my current one (v8.5.3 build 1141). Here are links to one pair of images that show this behavior: http://www.pbase.com/jamesk8752/image/148811618 http://www.pbase.com/jamesk8752/image/148811641 Thanks for taking the time yo look into this. As I said in my initial post, it would be nice if I could toggle into and out of this mode, as sometimes it is useful. Regards, Jim
jamesk8752

Post by jamesk8752 »

Hi Thorsten, When I click on the 100% button above the loupe display, it just toggles the loupe view on and off; it does not toggle the linking of the loupes. Have I missed something? And yanks for the explanation that for loupe linking, the two images must have the same pixel count - I had not considered that. Regards, Jim --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hi, > > also, just use the 100% button to enable/disable the feature. > > Thorsten > > On 16.02.2013, at 21:18, jamesk8752 <jamesk8752@...> wrote: > > > Hi Thorsten, > > > > The frustrating thing is that the "unlinked loupes" behavior is erratic - I don't know what triggers it, and it is repeatable for certain image pairs but never occurs for others. It occurs infrequently, thank goodness! Also, I have seen it with many different versions of GC, not just my current one (v8.5.3 build 1141). > > > > Here are links to one pair of images that show this behavior: > > > > http://www.pbase.com/jamesk8752/image/148811618 > > http://www.pbase.com/jamesk8752/image/148811641 > > > > Thanks for taking the time yo look into this. As I said in my initial post, it would be nice if I could toggle into and out of this mode, as sometimes it is useful. > > > > Regards, Jim > > >
Tom Boyd

Post by Tom Boyd »

Where do I find the loupe tool?Tom
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello Tom,in the Toolbox.Thorsten On 19.02.2013, at 20:08, Tom Boyd <thboyd1@gmail.com> wrote:   Where do I find the loupe tool?Tom