Find and Replace Color in Palette pictures

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
David Small

Find and Replace Color in Palette pictures

Post by David Small »

Dear GC mac group,In 8-bit greyscale images, I used GraphicConverter for years to find/replace colors via their look-up-table indices, e.g. switching 0 to 255 to switch from a black to white background.On p. 169 of the manual it says: For palette pictures, use the color table that is displayed at the bottom of the dialog. Sadly, this no longer seems to work, as the find/replace color only seems to work on the color value and not the index that points to the color.e.g. I could have two indices pointing to 0,0,0 color:   0 -> 0,0,0   1 -> 0,0,0It would be nice to switch the 0 index to 255 to have a white background,    0 -> 255,255,255but GC only sees the "0,0,0" and then operates on both the 0 and 1 indices.  I haven't been able to find a way to operate on the index itself.I use the current version, Mac GraphicConverter 8.5.1.Can anyone offer any tips on how to get the job done with the current GC version?Kind regards,--David Small 
thorstenlemke

Re: Find and Replace Color in Palette pictures

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,just convert the image first to millions colors. And it will work.Thorsten On 12.02.2013, at 19:43, "David Small" <david.small@geo.uzh.ch> wrote:   Dear GC mac group,In 8-bit greyscale images, I used GraphicConverter for years to find/replace colors via their look-up-table indices, e.g. switching 0 to 255 to switch from a black to white background.On p. 169 of the manual it says:For palette pictures, use the color table that is displayed at the bottom of the dialog. Sadly, this no longer seems to work, as the find/replace color only seems to work on the color value and not the index that points to the color.e.g. I could have two indices pointing to 0,0,0 color:   0 -> 0,0,0   1 -> 0,0,0It would be nice to switch the 0 index to 255 to have a white background,    0 -> 255,255,255but GC only sees the "0,0,0" and then operates on both the 0 and 1 indices.  I haven't been able to find a way to operate on the index itself.I use the current version, Mac GraphicConverter 8.5.1.Can anyone offer any tips on how to get the job done with the current GC version?Kind regards,--David Small