Feature request: Crop button for toolbar

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Bob

Feature request: Crop button for toolbar

Post by Bob »

Hi Thorsten, Please consider adding a crop button to the main picture window toolbar. Workflow: drag a selection box, click crop button, click Save and Next without having to move hand off mouse. Thanks Bob
thorstenlemke

Re: Feature request: Crop button for toolbar

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello Bob,just press the return key to crop (even faster than clicking).Thorsten On 10.03.2013, at 18:16, "Bob" <rtebiz@mac.com> wrote:   Hi Thorsten, Please consider adding a crop button to the main picture window toolbar. Workflow: drag a selection box, click crop button, click Save and Next without having to move hand off mouse. Thanks Bob
Hagen Henke

Post by Hagen Henke »

Hello, when I crop, I double click into the selection and this is it. Hagen Henke Am 10.03.2013 um 18:16 schrieb Bob: > Hi Thorsten, > > Please consider adding a crop button to the main picture window toolbar. > > Workflow: drag a selection box, click crop button, click Save and Next without having to move hand off mouse. > > Thanks > > Bob > >
Bob

Post by Bob »

That requires taking my hand off the mouse moving it to the keyboard and then back to the mouse. Bob --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello Bob, > > just press the return key to crop (even faster than clicking). > > Thorsten > > > On 10.03.2013, at 18:16, "Bob" <rtebiz@...> wrote: > > > Hi Thorsten, > > > > Please consider adding a crop button to the main picture window toolbar. > > > > Workflow: drag a selection box, click crop button, click Save and Next without having to move hand off mouse. > > > > Thanks > > > > Bob > > > > >
Carl von Einem

Post by Carl von Einem »

Hagen Henke already gave the hint to just double click inside the selection... If double clicks don't work for you please consider using the virtual keyboard coming with OS X. It's called "Keyboard Viewer" and is accessible from the menu. If not, open System Preferences -> Personal: International -> Input Menu tab, and select "Keyboard Viewer" I use it right now to write this line. The above example is quite absurd, but if someone is obsessed with working mouse-only, this might be a universal solution. Or use one finger of your other hand to press the return key. I'm really opposed to redundant buttons for every single function that's already available from the menu and from the keyboard. That's so "MS Office mid 90ies": a screen over loaded with buttons (using silly icons). Sorry for that rant. Carl Bob schrieb am 11.03.13 20:04: > That requires taking my hand off the mouse moving it to the keyboard > and then back to the mouse. > > --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke<lemke@...> wrote: >> >> just press the return key to crop (even faster than clicking). >> >> On 10.03.2013, at 18:16, "Bob"<rtebiz@...> wrote: >> >>> Please consider adding a crop button to the main picture window >>> toolbar. >>> Workflow: drag a selection box, click crop button, click Save >>> and Next without having to move hand off mouse.