GR 8.5.3 (1154) Problems

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Robert Poland

GR 8.5.3 (1154) Problems

Post by Robert Poland »

Thorsten, The shortcut keys (on both machines) for the Tools got so messed up I decided the only way to fix them was to remove GC and reinstall it. I had already removes many many preferences. I ran the old (unknown age) script "Uninstall, Deinstallieren" and since it wouldn't deal with some parts because of permissions errors, finished it off manually. I see that not everything was removed. Apparently the Script is FLAWED, or at least not current, After all that the "None", Option + esc, doesn't work on the iMac. And it's tool tip has disappeared on both machines. The "Swap Colors", Option + x, doesn't work on the MBP But does work when the Shift key is included. On the MBP when the Option + x (lower case) is pressed all the tools blank momentarily then the cursor goes to the Foreground square and activates the Color Picker. These results are similar to what I had with GC 8,5,4b (1169). That's why I tried removing everything. TIA, Robert Poland iMac Mid 2011, 12,2 2.7 GHz Intel Core I5, 27” 12 GB Ram, 1TB HD OS X 10.8.3 (12D78) MacBook Pro 15" Early 2008, 4,1 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4 GB Ram OWC 3G SSD 240GB OS X 10.8.3 (12D78)
thorstenlemke

Re: GR 8.5.3 (1154) Problems

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello Robert, hmm, curious. I will recheck. Thorsten On 23.03.2013, at 18:06, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: > Thorsten, > > The shortcut keys (on both machines) for the Tools got so messed up I decided the only way to fix them was to remove GC and reinstall it. I had already removes many many preferences. > > I ran the old (unknown age) script "Uninstall, Deinstallieren" and since it wouldn't deal with some parts because of permissions errors, finished it off manually. I see that not everything was removed. Apparently the Script is FLAWED, or at least not current, > > After all that the "None", Option + esc, doesn't work on the iMac. And it's tool tip has disappeared on both machines. > > The "Swap Colors", Option + x, doesn't work on the MBP But does work when the Shift key is included. On the MBP when the Option + x (lower case) is pressed all the tools blank momentarily then the cursor goes to the Foreground square and activates the Color Picker. > > These results are similar to what I had with GC 8,5,4b (1169). That's why I tried removing everything. > > TIA, > > Ro
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Robert, is maybe the text tool active with a text input? The shortcut option + x does work here. Thorsten On 23.03.2013, at 18:06, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: > Thorsten, > > The shortcut keys (on both machines) for the Tools got so messed up I decided the only way to fix them was to remove GC and reinstall it. I had already removes many many preferences. > > I ran the old (unknown age) script "Uninstall, Deinstallieren" and since it wouldn't deal with some parts because of permissions errors, finished it off manually. I see that not everything was removed. Apparently the Script is FLAWED, or at least not current, > > After all that the "None", Option + esc, doesn't work on the iMac. And it's tool tip has disappeared on both machines. > > The "Swap Colors", Option + x, doesn't work on the MBP But does work when the Shift key is included. On the MBP when the Option + x (lower case) is pressed all the tools blank momentarily then the cursor goes to the Foreground square and activates the Color Picker. > > These results are similar to what I had with GC 8,5,4b (1169). That's why I tried removing everything. > > TIA,
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

Thorsten, The Shortcuts Option + "D" and the Option + "X" seem to work now. Maybe a few restarts fixed it. The Shortcut "None", Option + esc still doesn't work for me. On Mar 26, 2013, at 9:43 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: > Hi Robert, > > is maybe the text tool active with a text input? No, the Selection tool is active. I tried several tools and the reset to None still fails. I noticed that the MenuBar item Edit flashed when the Option + esc was pressed, not repeatable. > The shortcut option + x does work here. > > Thorsten > > > On 23.03.2013, at 18:06, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: > >> Thorsten, >> >> The shortcut keys (on both machines) for the Tools got so messed up I decided the only way to fix them was to remove GC and reinstall it. I had already removes many many preferences. >> >> I ran the old (unknown age) script "Uninstall, Deinstallieren" and since it wouldn't deal with some parts because of permissions errors, finished it off manually. I see that not everything was removed. Apparently the Script is FLAWED, or at least not current, >> >> After all that the "None", Option + esc, doesn't work on the iMac. And it's tool tip has disappeared on both machines. >> >> The "Swap Colors", Option + x, doesn't work on the MBP But does work when the Shift key is included. On the MBP when the Option + x (lower case) is pressed all the tools blank momentarily then the cursor goes to the Foreground square and activates the Color Picker. >> >> These results are similar to what I had with GC 8,5,4b (1169). That's why I tried removing everything. >> >> TIA, Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

Thorsten, I updated to the unannounced version 8.5.4. The Shortcut "None", Option + esc still didn't work for me. I noticed that the default(?) shortcut, Option + esc, enabled Speak in all other apps. I changed it in System Preferences and now the shortcut for "None" works. On Mar 26, 2013, at 10:09 AM, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: > Thorsten, > > The Shortcuts Option + "D" and the Option + "X" seem to work now. Maybe a few restarts fixed it. > > The Shortcut "None", Option + esc still doesn't work for me. > > On Mar 26, 2013, at 9:43 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: > >> Hi Robert, >> >> is maybe the text tool active with a text input? > > No, the Selection tool is active. I tried several tools and the reset to None still fails. > > I noticed that the MenuBar item Edit flashed when the Option + esc was pressed, not repeatable. > >> The shortcut option + x does work here. >> >> Thorsten >> >> >> On 23.03.2013, at 18:06, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: >> >>> Thorsten, >>> >>> The shortcut keys (on both machines) for the Tools got so messed up I decided the only way to fix them was to remove GC and reinstall it. I had already removes many many preferences. >>> >>> I ran the old (unknown age) script "Uninstall, Deinstallieren" and since it wouldn't deal with some parts because of permissions errors, finished it off manually. I see that not everything was removed. Apparently the Script is FLAWED, or at least not current, >>> >>> After all that the "None", Option + esc, doesn't work on the iMac. And it's tool tip has disappeared on both machines. >>> >>> The "Swap Colors", Option + x, doesn't work on the MBP But does work when the Shift key is included. On the MBP when the Option + x (lower case) is pressed all the tools blank momentarily then the cursor goes to the Foreground square and activates the Color Picker. >>> >>> These results are similar to what I had with GC 8,5,4b (1169). That's why I tried removing everything. >>> >>> TIA, > > Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO > > > Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO