Find Duplicate Files Problem

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
glearned

Find Duplicate Files Problem

Post by glearned »

Has anyone else had an issue with "Find Duplicate Files"? I have been using this to clean up years of chaos on my photo collections. I've been doing it folder by folder, telling it to find similar images, then reviewing all of the images selected. Once I am happy with the selection, I do an auto delete,requesting it to delete smaller files. I noticed however that it is actually deleting the larger files and leaving the small ones untouched.
glearned

Re: Find Duplicate Files Problem

Post by glearned »

--- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, "glearned" <learned@...> wrote: > > Has anyone else had an issue with "Find Duplicate Files"? I have been using this to clean up years of chaos on my photo collections. I've been doing it folder by folder, telling it to find similar images, then reviewing all of the images selected. Once I am happy with the selection, I do an auto delete,requesting it to delete smaller files. I noticed however that it is actually deleting the larger files and leaving the small ones untouched. > I did some further checking on this, and selecting Delete Larger Items, saves the smaller item.
glearned

Post by glearned »

--- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, "glearned" <learned@...> wrote: > > > > --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, "glearned" <learned@> wrote: > > > > Has anyone else had an issue with "Find Duplicate Files"? I have been using this to clean up years of chaos on my photo collections. I've been doing it folder by folder, telling it to find similar images, then reviewing all of the images selected. Once I am happy with the selection, I do an auto delete,requesting it to delete smaller files. I noticed however that it is actually deleting the larger files and leaving the small ones untouched. > > > > I did some further checking on this, and selecting Delete Larger Items, saves the smaller item. > Ok, I have that backwards. Delete Larger Item is actually deleting the smaller item and saving the larger item. This is consistent and repeatable.
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,this was already reported earlier. The latest BETA does solve this (as written as reply to the last report).Thorsten On 06.04.2013, at 18:19, "glearned" <learned@talentsinc.net> wrote:   --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, "glearned" <learned@...> wrote: > > > > --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, "glearned" <learned@> wrote: > > > > Has anyone else had an issue with "Find Duplicate Files"? I have been using this to clean up years of chaos on my photo collections. I've been doing it folder by folder, telling it to find similar images, then reviewing all of the images selected. Once I am happy with the selection, I do an auto delete,requesting it to delete smaller files. I noticed however that it is actually deleting the larger files and leaving the small ones untouched. > > > > I did some further checking on this, and selecting Delete Larger Items, saves the smaller item. > Ok, I have that backwards. Delete Larger Item is actually deleting the smaller item and saving the larger item. This is consistent and repeatable.