iPhone .png screenshot import date

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Nelsn Helm

Re: physical negative to digital positive?

Post by Nelsn Helm »

Best so far:Scan as if a fotograf, invert3, invert 1, increase saturtion and briteness (blue max) and contrast.Result: not good, but good enuf to recognize people & activities.Thank you for your time and skill. On Mar 26, 2013, at 8:34 AM, Keith Stone <kstone@crewstone.com> wrote:   Vuescan will certainly scan negatives, I've done hundreds of negatives with it. You can both "batch" the process (I scan up to 30 at a time in a flatbed) and Vuescan will cut them up for you, or you can make contact sheets with the negatives in plastic. For sure, without a backlit scanner you're not going to be able to do much of anything but that's not a problem with Vuescan.I'm using a HP Scanjet G4050 which has frames for negatives, but they aren't a requirement. They do make your job more reliable. You can, as I do, scan negatives when they are still in their sleeves using a backlit scanner and Vuescan. It's just that you are going to get lower quality scans because the sleeves will introduce some reflections and distortion. Fine for a contact sheet, not so good if you're going to blow the resultant picture.KeithOn Mar 25, 2013, at 6:01 PM, Nelsn Helm <he lmkyny@clockwinders.net> wrote:   Vuescan recognizes the scanner and offers only compatible options.I have an all-in-one which will not back-lite scan negatives, and Vuescan does not offer an option to scan negatives.Another scanner back-lites the center of the table, and if you mount two negative strips in the special plastic frame, will scan them..  That's a non-starter.On Mar 25, 2013, at 4:57 PM, Keith Stone <kstone@crewstone.com> wrote:   Most scanners with backlight will do this for you, but you may be advised to get some better scaning software like Vuescan that will make the process less painful.On Mar 25, 2013, at 4:49 PM, Nelsn Helm <helmkyny@clockwinders.net> wrote:   I have about 1,200 clear plastic 8.5" x 11" pages of sleeves for 35mm negatives. Assuming I can back-lite and scan the pages, might it possible to invert the scan into positive index pages? Local lab generously offered to do it physically for $5 / page. _____________________Nelsn Helm4112 Massie Av 3Louisville, KY 40207-2179 _____________________Nelsn Helm4112 Massie Av 3Louisville, KY 40207-2179