Why can't I get Clear to work?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
thorstenlemke

Re: Why can't I get Clear to work?

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,the 6.0.1 is really old and no longer supported. But it should support that key, too. Thorsten On 08.04.2013, at 09:57, Nickee Sanders <njsanders@ihug.co.nz> wrote:   Since you all seem to be able to do what I cannot, I ask again: is my problem a known issue with GC 6.0.1?? At 10:04 am +0200 08/04/13, Thorsten Lemke wrote: >Hi, > >the backspace key is used for deletion. > >Thorsten >
David L. Wasley

Post by David L. Wasley »

Well I'm out of ideas and, as Thorsten says, 6.01 is really really old.The oldest version I still have is 6.7.4 and that works fine.Personally I would buy the latest version (always a good idea for software you depend on).If that is not possible, try reinstalling your version from scratch. DavidPS: Yes, I've only ever used US Apple products.  On Apr 8, 2013, at 12:57 AM, Nickee Sanders wrote:   Since you all seem to be able to do what I cannot, I ask again: is my problem a known issue with GC 6.0.1?? At 10:04 am +0200 08/04/13, Thorsten Lemke wrote: >Hi, > >the backspace key is used for deletion. > >Thorsten > >On 08.04.2013, at 08:40, Nickee Sanders ><<mailto:njsanders@ihug.co.nz>njsanders@ihug.co.nz> wrote: > > > >Thanks for the idea about the keyboard, but it's not having any >traction either. Yes, OK, I am using an old PS/2 keyboard via a PS/2 >to USB converter (it's for my RSI). But if I use the "delete" key on >my MacBook Pro keyboard, GC still refuses to clear out the selection. >(And note that even using the Clear command in the Edit menu doesn't >work.) > >At 11:30 pm -0700 07/04/13, David L. Wasley wrote: > >Perhaps it is the MacOS not recognizing your keyboard. Have you > >tried opening System Preferences and selecting Keyboard? If it is a > >non-standard keyboard, it will ask you to identify it by pressing a > >few keys. > > > >FWIW, I've never seen a Mac keyboard with a "backspace" key. > > > > David > > > > > >
Nickee Sanders

Post by Nickee Sanders »

OK, I downloaded a number of GC versions overnight and 6.7 successfully clears my selected content. Yahoo! Now I just hope it's not too hard to use, which is, as I originally posted, the reason I have put off upgrading for so long. In fact I seem to remember going back to 6.0.1 because of that very issue. Thanks everyone for your help and apologies that it was my version at fault. At 9:04 am -0700 08/04/13, David L. Wasley wrote: >Well I'm out of ideas and, as Thorsten says, 6.01 is really really old. >The oldest version I still have is 6.7.4 and that works fine. > >Personally I would buy the latest version (always a good idea for >software you depend on). >If that is not possible, try reinstalling your version from scratch. > > David > >PS: Yes, I've only ever used US Apple products. > >On Apr 8, 2013, at 12:57 AM, Nickee Sanders wrote: > > > >Since you all seem to be able to do what I cannot, I ask again: is my >problem a known issue with GC 6.0.1?? > >At 10:04 am +0200 08/04/13, Thorsten Lemke wrote: > >Hi, > > > >the backspace key is used for deletion. > > > >Thorsten > > > >On 08.04.2013, at 08:40, Nickee Sanders > ><<mailto:<mailto:njsanders%40ihug.co.nz>njsanders@ihug.co.nz><mailto:njsanders%40ihug.co.nz>njsanders@ihug.co.nz> > >wrote: > > > > > > > >Thanks for the idea about the keyboard, but it's not having any > >traction either. Yes, OK, I am using an old PS/2 keyboard via a PS/2 > >to USB converter (it's for my RSI). But if I use the "delete" key on > >my MacBook Pro keyboard, GC still refuses to clear out the selection. > >(And note that even using the Clear command in the Edit menu doesn't > >work.) > > > >At 11:30 pm -0700 07/04/13, David L. Wasley wrote: > > >Perhaps it is the MacOS not recognizing your keyboard. Have you > > >tried opening System Preferences and selecting Keyboard? If it is a > > >non-standard keyboard, it will ask you to identify it by pressing a > > >few keys. > > > > > >FWIW, I've never seen a Mac keyboard with a "backspace" key. > > > > > > David > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >