RAW files and editing

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
David Morrison

RAW files and editing

Post by David Morrison »

I use an Olympus E-620 and take all of my photos in RAW. For some scenes, I set it to autobracket by adjusting the ISO. I believe in this case, it takes a single exposure, then generates three separate RAW files, each with different ISO values, the default, one stop higher and one stop lower. (This would actually be more use if I had the camera produce JPEGs directly rather than RAWs.) The previews are created from the developed settings, and are quite different to each other. In the Graphic Converter browser window, I see the three previews looking different to each other. When I open them or view them in a slideshow, the three seem to be exactly the same. Is this what is supposed to happen?
thorstenlemke

Re: RAW files and editing

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello David,the preview in the browser does use by default the exif thumbnail (for smaller previews). Because that is much faster.Thorsten On 20.04.2013, at 10:06, David Morrison <davidmorrisonlist@gmail.com> wrote:   I use an Olympus E-620 and take all of my photos in RAW. For some scenes, I set it to autobracket by adjusting the ISO. I believe in this case, it takes a single exposure, then generates three separate RAW files, each with different ISO values, the default, one stop higher and one stop lower. (This would actually be more use if I had the camera produce JPEGs directly rather than RAWs.) The previews are created from the developed settings, and are quite different to each other. In the Graphic Converter browser window, I see the three previews looking different to each other. When I open them or view them in a slideshow, the three seem to be exactly the same. Is this what is supposed to happen?