JPG Image not displaying in IE 8

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Michael Temkin

Post by Michael Temkin »

Sorry Everyone, I'm having a bad mail day...   *sigh*Hi Thorsten,I have an image (.jpg) that I edited and saved with GC (just re-saved it with the latest Beta) that while it shows up in Safari and FireFox, it doesn't show up in IE8.  Any ideas?Thanks,Mike.
Michael Temkin

Post by Michael Temkin »

Sorry Everyone, I'm having a bad mail day...   *sigh*Grrr, once more with feeling...  Hi Thorsten,I have an image (.jpg) that I edited and saved with GC (just re-saved it with the latest Beta) that while it shows up in Safari and FireFox, it doesn't show up in IE8.  Any ideas?Thanks,Mike.
thorstenlemke

Re: JPG Image not displaying in IE 8

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, use jpg as extension. Not jpeg Thorsten On 25.04.2013, at 19:59, Michael Temkin <michael.temkin@att.net> wrote: > Sorry Everyone, I'm having a bad mail day... *sigh* > > Grrr, once more with feeling... > > > Hi Thorsten, > > I have an image (.jpg) that I edited and saved with GC (just re-saved it with the latest Beta) that while it shows up in Safari and FireFox, it doesn't show up in IE8. Any ideas? > > Thanks, > Mike. > > <HP ProCurve 5406 zl Switch with Premium Software.jpeg> > <Screen Shot 2013-04-25 at 12.21.23 PM.png>
Michael Temkin

Post by Michael Temkin »

It is...Mike. On Apr 25, 2013, at 1:09 PM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote:   Hello, use jpg as extension. Not jpeg Thorsten On 25.04.2013, at 19:59, Michael Temkin <michael.temkin@att.net> wrote: > Sorry Everyone, I'm having a bad mail day... *sigh* > > Grrr, once more with feeling... > > > Hi Thorsten, > > I have an image (.jpg) that I edited and saved with GC (just re-saved it with the latest Beta) that while it shows up in Safari and FireFox, it doesn't show up in IE8. Any ideas? > > Thanks, > Mike. > > <HP ProCurve 5406 zl Switch with Premium Software.jpeg> > <Screen Shot 2013-04-25 at 12.21.23 PM.png>
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,what happens if you remove the spaces?Thorsten On 25.04.2013, at 20:14, Michael Temkin <michael.temkin@att.net> wrote: It is...<PastedGraphic-1.png>Mike.On Apr 25, 2013, at 1:09 PM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote:
Michael Temkin

Post by Michael Temkin »

Hello,Doesn't help.  I have 183 images in the folder and all but 12 work fine.  I'm guessing it was the way the original image was created or something, but I would have thought GC would have reformatted them to have the same format as all of the others.  I've pulled all of the files into GC to crop them down or modify them to change the file size.Mike. On Apr 25, 2013, at 1:18 PM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote:   Hello,what happens if you remove the spaces?Thorsten On 25.04.2013, at 20:14, Michael Temkin <michael.temkin@att.net> wrote:It is...<PastedGraphic-1.png>Mike.On Apr 25, 2013, at 1:09 PM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote:
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello Mike,are the source images maybe in CMYK mode? Thorsten On 25.04.2013, at 20:32, Michael Temkin <michael.temkin@att.net> wrote:   Hello,Doesn't help.  I have 183 images in the folder and all but 12 work fine.  I'm guessing it was the way the original image was created or something, but I would have thought GC would have reformatted them to have the same format as all of the others.  I've pulled all of the files into GC to crop them down or modify them to change the file size.Mike.
Michael Temkin

Post by Michael Temkin »

Hi Thorsten,How would I tell?Mike. On Apr 25, 2013, at 1:34 PM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote:   Hello Mike,are the source images maybe in CMYK mode? Thorsten On 25.04.2013, at 20:32, Michael Temkin <michael.temkin@att.net> wrote:   Hello,Doesn't help.  I have 183 images in the folder and all but 12 work fine.  I'm guessing it was the way the original image was created or something, but I would have thought GC would have reformatted them to have the same format as all of the others.  I've pulled all of the files into GC to crop them down or modify them to change the file size.Mike.
Michael Temkin

Post by Michael Temkin »

Hi Thorsten,Yes, I did a Get Info on the original files and they are in fact CMYK.Mike. On Apr 25, 2013, at 1:34 PM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote:   Hello Mike,are the source images maybe in CMYK mode? Thorsten On 25.04.2013, at 20:32, Michael Temkin <michael.temkin@att.net> wrote:   Hello,Doesn't help.  I have 183 images in the folder and all but 12 work fine.  I'm guessing it was the way the original image was created or something, but I would have thought GC would have reformatted them to have the same format as all of the others.  I've pulled all of the files into GC to crop them down or modify them to change the file size.Mike.
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,open a file and check the info window.Thorsten On 25.04.2013, at 20:47, Michael Temkin <michael.temkin@att.net> wrote:   Hi Thorsten,How would I tell?Mike.On Apr 25, 2013, at 1:34 PM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: