Editing RAW files in build 1200

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
mike

Editing RAW files in build 1200

Post by mike »

I used to be able to open RAW files and start editing them immediately, before later saving them as final JPG. The new build 1200 now says I cannot edit the file and must 'export' it first (rather annoying), so I save it as a JPG and it continues to say I cannot edit the file. I have to first close the JPG file and re-open it before I can edit it (more annoying). Is there a setting for editing RAW files straight away, as before, or is this a new fixed 'feature' of the layers build? Many thanks, Mike
thorstenlemke

Re: Editing RAW files in build 1200

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,that is the cocoa document model, Just disable undo and versions in the prefs.Thorsten On 29.04.2013, at 13:44, "Mike" <mike.harland@btinternet.com> wrote:   I used to be able to open RAW files and start editing them immediately, before later saving them as final JPG. The new build 1200 now says I cannot edit the file and must 'export' it first (rather annoying), so I save it as a JPG and it continues to say I cannot edit the file. I have to first close the JPG file and re-open it before I can edit it (more annoying). Is there a setting for editing RAW files straight away, as before, or is this a new fixed 'feature' of the layers build? Many thanks, Mike