Trim picture after Rotate

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
peturrasmussen

Trim picture after Rotate

Post by peturrasmussen »

In version 8.6 GC does no more trim the picture after rotate, not after Rotate on the Picture menu and not after Rotate in the Adjust option. I cannot find the options to reestablish this.
thorstenlemke

Re: Trim picture after Rotate

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,thanks. Will check.Thorsten On 02.05.2013, at 21:02, "peturrasmussen" <prasm@internet.is> wrote:   In version 8.6 GC does no more trim the picture after rotate, not after Rotate on the Picture menu and not after Rotate in the Adjust option. I cannot find the options to reestablish this.
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,I released a new beta.Please check:http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlThat should fix it.Thorsten On 02.05.2013, at 21:02, peturrasmussen <prasm@internet.is> wrote:   In version 8.6 GC does no more trim the picture after rotate, not after Rotate on the Picture menu and not after Rotate in the Adjust option. I cannot find the options to reestablish this.
peturrasmussen

Post by peturrasmussen »

Thank you. It has been really annoying. Petur --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello, > > I released a new beta. > Please check: > http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html > > That should fix it. > > Thorsten > > > On 02.05.2013, at 21:02, peturrasmussen <prasm@...> wrote: > > > In version 8.6 GC does no more trim the picture after rotate, not after Rotate on the Picture menu and not after Rotate in the Adjust option. > > I cannot find the options to reestablish this. > > > > >
John McLay

Failure to save .jpg image

Post by John McLay »

I often get pictures sent to me in emails, and I enjoy saving them to view later. I normally open them in graphic converter and "save as" to a folder on my SSD. Recently I've run into jpg images that can't be saved. I click save as, navigate to the folder and the second window that would normally pop up to set up how much I want to compress the images flashes for a fraction of a second and disappears. No image is saved. Sometime saving for the web works, but not always, some pictures can't be saved unless I use the "Grab" application that comes with the Mac. Can anyone help?
thorstenlemke

Re: Failure to save .jpg image

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear John,please try to trash the prefs.Do you use the Mac App Store or the normal version?Thorsten On 08.05.2013, at 01:39, John McLay <4johnSF@gmail.com> wrote:   I often get pictures sent to me in emails, and I enjoy saving them to view later. I normally open them in graphic converter and "save as" to a folder on my SSD. Recently I've run into jpg images that can't be saved. I click save as, navigate to the folder and the second window that would normally pop up to set up how much I want to compress the images flashes for a fraction of a second and disappears. No image is saved. Sometime saving for the web works, but not always, some pictures can't be saved unless I use the "Grab" application that comes with the Mac. Can anyone help?
John McLay

Post by John McLay »

Thorsten,I am using the Mac App Store version.John On May 7, 2013, at 11:27 PM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote:   Dear John,please try to trash the prefs.Do you use the Mac App Store or the normal version?Thorsten On 08.05.2013, at 01:39, John McLay <4johnSF@gmail.com> wrote:   I often get pictures sent to me in emails, and I enjoy saving them to view later. I normally open them in graphic converter and "save as" to a folder on my SSD. Recently I've run into jpg images that can't be saved. I click save as, navigate to the folder and the second window that would normally pop up to set up how much I want to compress the images flashes for a fraction of a second and disappears. No image is saved. Sometime saving for the web works, but not always, some pictures can't be saved unless I use the "Grab" application that comes with the Mac. Can anyone help?
John McLay

Post by John McLay »

Thorsten,As I use the Mac App Store Version I've found 4 different preferences files for graphic converter, perhaps this is the problem. Should I trash them all or just some? They are:
thorstenlemke

Re: Failure to save .jpg image [4 Attachments]

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello John,ah - thanks. Th file looks ok.Can I please get a console log, too.Thorsten (important note: please always include this complete email in your reply)-----------------------------------------------------------------Thorsten LemkeLemke Software GmbHZum Rohkamp 5e31228 PeineGermanyPhone: +49 5171 72200 (German)Phone: +49 5171 72202 (English)Mobile:+49 171 1420235Fax:   +49 5171 72201WWW:   http://www.lemkesoft.comE-Mail:lemke@le ... omfacebook: http://www.facebook.com/LemkesoftXING: http://www.xing.com/profile/Thorsten_LemkeLinkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/thorstenlemkeBusiness details:Amtsgericht Hildesheim HRB 101500Gescha�ftsfuhrer Dipl.-Ing. Thorsten LemkeUSt.IdNr. DE813426251----------------------------------------------------------------- On 09.05.2013, at 00:39, John McLay <4johnSF@gmail.com> wrote: Thorsten,As I use the Mac App Store Version I've found 4 different preferences files for graphic converter, perhaps this is the problem. Should I trash them all or just some? They are:<com.lemkesoft.graphicconverter.LSSharedFileList.plist><com.lemkesoft.graphicconverter.LSSharedFileList.plist.lockfile><com.lemkesoft.graphicconverter.plist.lockfile><com.lemkesoft.graphicconverter.SandboxedPersistentURLs.LSSharedFileList.plist>Thanks,JohnOn May 7, 2013, at 11:27 PM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote:   Dear John,please try to trash the prefs.Do you use the Mac App Store or the normal version?Thorsten On 08.05.2013, at 01:39, John McLay <4johnSF@gmail.com> wrote:   I often get pictures sent to me in emails, and I enjoy saving them to view later. I normally open them in graphic converter and "save as" to a folder on my SSD. Recently I've run into jpg images that can't be saved. I click save as, navigate to the folder and the second window that would normally pop up to set up how much I want to compress the images flashes for a fraction of a second and disappears. No image is saved. Sometime saving for the web works, but not always, some pictures can't be saved unless I use the "Grab" application that comes with the Mac. Can anyone help?
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi John,did you try to trash the prefs?Is there any error message written in the console?I would suggest the following:e-mail your purchase receipt to lemke@lemkesoft.deI will e-mail a license key for the normal versionso, you can recheck with the normal versionThorsten On 09.05.2013, at 00:27, John McLay <4johnSF@gmail.com> wrote:   Thorsten,I am using the Mac App Store version.JohnOn May 7, 2013, at 11:27 PM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: