GC 8.6.1 - Applescript cannot deal with Alpha Channel, Broke???

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Robert Poland

GC 8.6.1 - Applescript cannot deal with Alpha Channel, Broke???

Post by Robert Poland »

Hi, Applescript no longer controls the Alpha Channel. None of these work. tell application "GraphicConverter" tell window 1 -- Main window try tell (alpha channel) to flatten end try try remove alpha channel end try try set x to alpha channel end try end tell end tell Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
treeceg

Re: GC 8.6.1 - Applescript cannot deal with Alpha Channel, Broke???

Post by treeceg »

I have a subroutine to deal with iptc data, and I also remove any alpha channel that is present. I pass the subroutine a file reference, and then have this structure: tell application "GraphicConverter" alpha channel (theFile as alias) action kind 0 end tell What I have not been able to determine, is what action kind indexes are valid, and what each one does. I believe they represent options like flatten and remove, but I haven't found a reference for them. I added this alpha channel command to my script when I updated to GC 8.6, so I can't speak to earlier version behavior. Greg --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Robert Poland <rpoland@...> wrote: > > Hi, > > Applescript no longer controls the Alpha Channel. > > None of these work. > > tell application "GraphicConverter" > tell window 1 -- Main window > try > tell (alpha channel) to flatten > end try > try > remove alpha channel > end try > try > set x to alpha channel > end try > end tell > end tell > > > Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,I changed there nothing.The alpha channel command does expect an boolean (as written in the dictionary).true adds an alpha channelfalse does remove it.Thorstenrote:   I have a subroutine to deal with iptc data, and I also remove any alpha channel that is present. I pass the subroutine a file reference, and then have this structure: tell application "GraphicConverter" alpha channel (theFile as alias) action kind 0 end tell What I have not been able to determine, is what action kind indexes are valid, and what each one does. I believe they represent options like flatten and remove, but I haven't found a reference for them. I added this alpha channel command to my script when I updated to GC 8.6, so I can't speak to earlier version behavior. Greg
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

On May 5, 2013, at 12:02 PM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: > > > Hi, > > I changed there nothing. > > The alpha channel command does expect an boolean (as written in the dictionary). > true adds an alpha channel > false does remove it. > > Thorsten tell application "GraphicConverter" activate tell window 1 -- Main window -- try set (alpha channel) to true end try -->Can't set <<event GKONalph>> of false to application "GraphicConveter", end tell end tell Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,I will check that.Thorsten On 05.05.2013, at 20:16, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: tell application "GraphicConverter"activatetell window 1 -- Main window-- tryset (alpha channel) to trueend try-->Can't set <<event GKONalph>> of false to application "GraphicConveter", 
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

Thorsten, My apologies, I trashed the image and started over and all is well. Guess the image got tired of being messed with. Still can't seem to "set (alpha channel) to false" true/false yet. Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

Thorsten, UPDATE: I did a restart of the computer and most, if not all, of my problems went away. Looks like I still can't control the Alpha Channel with Applescript. On May 5, 2013, at 12:29 PM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: > > > Hi, > > I will check that. > > Thorsten > > > On 05.05.2013, at 20:16, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: > >> tell application "GraphicConverter" >> activate >> tell window 1 -- Main window >> -- try >> set (alpha channe l) to true >> end try >> -->Can't set <<event GKONalph>> of false to application "GraphicConveter", Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
treeceg

Post by treeceg »

Robert, this is working OK for me in 8.6 (build 1200): tell application "GraphicConverter" set alpha channel of window 1 to true end tell Do you think it broke sometime after build 1200? Greg --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Robert Poland <rpoland@...> wrote: > > Thorsten, > > UPDATE: > > I did a restart of the computer and most, if not all, of my problems went away. > > Looks like I still can't control the Alpha Channel with Applescript. > > > On May 5, 2013, at 12:29 PM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > > > > > > Hi, > > > > I will check that. > > > > Thorsten > > > > > > On 05.05.2013, at 20:16, Robert Poland <rpoland@...> wrote: > > > >> tell application "GraphicConverter" > >> activate > >> tell window 1 -- Main window > >> -- try > >> set (alpha channe l) to true > >> end try > >> -->Can't set <<event GKONalph>> of false to application "GraphicConveter", > > Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO >
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

Greg, Interesting: This works; tell application "GraphicConverter" set alpha channel of window 1 to true end tell This fails; tell application "GraphicConverter" tell window 1 -- Main window set alpha channel to false end tell end tell This also fails; tell application "GraphicConverter" set x to alpha channel of window 1 end tell x On May 5, 2013, at 9:33 PM, treeceg <photo@4miledesign.com> wrote: > Robert, this is working OK for me in 8.6 (build 1200): > > tell application "GraphicConverter" > set alpha channel of window 1 to true > end tell > > Do you think it broke sometime after build 1200? > Greg > > --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Robert Poland <rpoland@...> wrote: >> >> Thorsten, >> >> UPDATE: >> >> I did a restart of the computer and most, if not all, of my problems went away. >> >> Looks like I still can't control the Alpha Channel with Applescript. >> >> >> On May 5, 2013, at 12:29 PM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: >> >>> >>> >>> Hi, >>> >>> I will check that. >>> >>> Thorsten >>> >>> >>> On 05.05.2013, at 20:16, Robert Poland <rpoland@...> wrote: >>> >>>> tell application "GraphicConverter" >>>> activate >>>> tell window 1 -- Main window >>>> -- try >>>> set (alpha channe l) to true >>>> end try >>>> -->Can't set <<event GKONalph>> of false to application "GraphicConveter", >> >> Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CORobert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
treeceg

Post by treeceg »

Yes, the behavior seems to be that you can set it, but not get it's current value. --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Robert Poland <rpoland@...> wrote: > > Greg, > > Interesting: > > This works; > tell application "GraphicConverter" > set alpha channel of window 1 to true > end tell > > This fails; > tell application "GraphicConverter" > tell window 1 -- Main window > set alpha channel to false > end tell > end tell > > This also fails; > tell application "GraphicConverter" > set x to alpha channel of window 1 > end tell > x > > > On May 5, 2013, at 9:33 PM, treeceg <photo@...> wrote: > > > Robert, this is working OK for me in 8.6 (build 1200): > > > > tell application "GraphicConverter" > > set alpha channel of window 1 to true > > end tell > > > > Do you think it broke sometime after build 1200? > > Greg > > > > --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Robert Poland <rpoland@> wrote: > >> > >> Thorsten, > >> > >> UPDATE: > >> > >> I did a restart of the computer and most, if not all, of my problems went away. > >> > >> Looks like I still can't control the Alpha Channel with Applescript. > >> > >> > >> On May 5, 2013, at 12:29 PM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@> wrote: > >> > >>> > >>> > >>> Hi, > >>> > >>> I will check that. > >>> > >>> Thorsten > >>> > >>> > >>> On 05.05.2013, at 20:16, Robert Poland <rpoland@> wrote: > >>> > >>>> tell application "GraphicConverter" > >>>> activate > >>>> tell window 1 -- Main window > >>>> -- try > >>>> set (alpha channe l) to true > >>>> end try > >>>> -->Can't set <<event GKONalph>> of false to application "GraphicConveter", > >> > >> Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CORobert Poland - Fort Collins, CO >