two image .gif

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Robert Poland

two image .gif

Post by Robert Poland »

Hi, Daily I get the days APOD (Astronomy Picture of the Day) picture and use it for the days desktop. These images are rarely the same Aspect ratio as my computer screen, 27"iMac. So I have created an Applescript that will resize (by adding margins to the image) to fit the screen. This morning the image consisted of two alternating images. When I ran my Applescript on it GraphicConverter, 8.6.1 crashed every time. I eventually used a screen shot. My question, Is there a scriptable GC command that the script can use to delete one of the two images? TIA, Robert Poland iMac Mid 2011, 12,2 2.7 GHz Intel Core I5, 27” 12 GB Ram, 1TB HD OS X 10.8.3 (12D78)
Christopher Stone

Re: two image .gif

Post by Christopher Stone »

On May 08, 2013, at 16:01, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: > Daily I get the days APOD (Astronomy Picture of the Day) picture and use it for the days desktop. > These images are rarely the same Aspect ratio as my computer screen, 27"iMac. > So I have created an Applescript that will resize (by adding margins to the image) to fit the screen. > This morning the image consisted of two alternating images. > When I ran my Applescript on it GraphicConverter, 8.6.1 crashed every time. I eventually used a screen shot. > My question, Is there a scriptable GC command that the script can use to delete one of the two images? ______________________________________________________________________ Hey Bob, That critter is an animated gif file, and I don't see any means to explode it using GC via script. It appears to be pretty easy using ImageMagik though: http://www.imagemagick.org/discourse-se ... =1&t=11578 -- Best Regards, Chris
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Robert, I have no script command, yet. So, you need to access the frame count and want to delete frames? Thorsten On 08.05.2013, at 23:01, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: > Hi, > > Daily I get the days APOD (Astronomy Picture of the Day) picture and use it for the days desktop. > > These images are rarely the same Aspect ratio as my computer screen, 27"iMac. > > So I have created an Applescript that will resize (by adding margins to the image) to fit the screen. > > This morning the image consisted of two alternating images. > > When I ran my Applescript on it GraphicConverter, 8.6.1 crashed every time. I eventually used a screen shot. > > My question, Is there a scriptable GC command that the script can use to delete one of the two images? > > TIA,
John Hill

Post by John Hill »

I may not be understanding quite what you are trying to do here, but I have a folder of custom desktops and when the Desktop Preference window is open, I have available to me as options: Fill Screen Fit to Screen Stretch to Fill Screen Centre Tile Would not one of these do what you want, rather than messing about with the images? Or have the options disappeared in Lion or Mountain Lion? John. On 8 May 2013, at 22:01, Robert Poland wrote: > Hi, > > Daily I get the days APOD (Astronomy Picture of the Day) picture and use it for the days desktop. > > These images are rarely the same Aspect ratio as my computer screen, 27"iMac. > > So I have created an Applescript that will resize (by adding margins to the image) to fit the screen. > > This morning the image consisted of two alternating images. > > When I ran my Applescript on it GraphicConverter, 8.6.1 crashed every time. I eventually used a screen shot. > > My question, Is there a scriptable GC command that the script can use to delete one of the two images? > > TIA, > > > Robert Poland
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

On May 9, 2013, at 1:14 AM, John Hill <john@yclept.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote: > I may not be understanding quite what you are trying to do here, but I have a folder of custom desktops and when the Desktop Preference window is open, I have available to me as options: > Fill Screen > Fit to Screen > Stretch to Fill Screen > Centre > Tile > > Would not one of these do what you want, rather than messing about with the images? Or have the options disappeared in Lion or Mountain Lion? Thanks John, I prefer to do my own trimming, as necessary. Since APOD pictures can be anything from 9 X 16 to 16 X 9 and maybe even a panorama, the options you mentioned above are a rather crude solution. They trim and stretch according to some, sometimes, dumb choices and always trim the top 22 pixels off images. > John. > > On 8 May 2013, at 22:01, Robert Poland wrote: > >> Hi, >> >> Daily I get the days APOD (Astronomy Picture of the Day) picture and use it for the days desktop. >> >> These images are rarely the same Aspect ratio as my computer screen, 27"iMac. >> >> So I have created an Applescript that will resize (by adding margins to the image) to fit the screen. >> >> This morning the image consisted of two alternating images. >> >> When I ran my Applescript on it GraphicConverter, 8.6.1 crashed every time. I eventually used a screen shot. >> >> My question, Is there a scriptable GC command that the script can use to delete one of the two images? >> >> TIA, >> >> >> Robert Poland Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

Thorsten, FYI; The area in the script that causes the crashes is; set x to 100 set y to 100 set image dimension to {x, y} Enclosing this in a try block does not stop the crashes. On May 9, 2013, at 1:08 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: > Hi Robert, > > I have no script command, yet. So, you need to access the frame count and want to delete frames? > > Thorsten > > On 08.05.2013, at 23:01, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: > >> Hi, >> >> Daily I get the days APOD (Astronomy Picture of the Day) picture and use it for the days desktop. >> >> These images are rarely the same Aspect ratio as my computer screen, 27"iMac. >> >> So I have created an Applescript that will resize (by adding margins to the image) to fit the screen. >> >> This morning the image consisted of two alternating images. >> >> When I ran my Applescript on it GraphicConverter, 8.6.1 crashed every time. I eventually used a screen shot. >> >> My question, Is there a scriptable GC command that the script can use to delete one of the two images? >> >> TIA, Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, I released a new beta. http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html That does fix it. Thorsten On 09.05.2013, at 16:46, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: > Thorsten, > > FYI; > > The area in the script that causes the crashes is; > > set x to 100 > set y to 100 > set image dimension to {x, y} > > Enclosing this in a try block does not stop the crashes. >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Robert,I did recheck it here.I found no error.Please watch my short screen movie:http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta/script.movDo you make anything different?Thorsten On 10.05.2013, at 14:42, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: ThorsBUTn,The (attached) image no longer crashes BUT…When I change the resolution from 72 dpi to 300 dpi I get a second, smaller, image on top of the original???On May 10, 2013, at 4:47 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote:
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

Thorsten,As I said in my email, May 10, 2013 642 AM, That problem was FIXED.BUT; When I change the resolution from 72 dpi to 300 dpi I get a second, smaller, image on top of the original???I Change Resolution (Contrpl + Command + "Y") from 300 to 240… See attached.On May 11, 2013, at 3:08 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote:Hi Robert,I did recheck it here.I found no error.Please watch my short screen movie:http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta/script.movDo you make anything different?ThorstenOn 10.05.2013, at 14:42, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote:Thorstenn,The (attached) image no longer crashes BUT…When I change the resolution from 72 dpi to 300 dpi I get a second, smaller, image on top of the original???On May 10, 2013, at 4:47 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote:Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Robert,I released a new beta.Please check:http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlThorstenOn 11.05.2013, at 14:45, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: Thorsten,As I said in my email, May 10, 2013 642 AM, That problem was FIXED.BUT;When I change the resolution from 72 dpi to 300 dpi I get a second, smaller, image on top of the original???I Change Resolution (Contrpl + Command + "Y") from 300 to 240… See attached.