GC color meter

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
dknodel@swbell.net

Re: GC color meter (Just a correction)

Post by dknodel@swbell.net »

Do you try to teach english without success?  No wonder your students don't listen/understand youDvdFrom: Roberto Manuel Latorre <ronin55calo@yahoo.com>Reply-To: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Date: Friday, May 31, 2013 2:23 PMTo: "gcmac@yahoogroups.com" <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Subject: Re: [gcmac] GC color meter (Just a correction)   I'm sorry. I'm really on a soapbox here.You wrote:                     > Position has never been in the footer. It's in it's own window.Should have been "It's in its own window."This is a classic sentence showing the verb contraction (it's, contracted from "it is") together with the possessive (its for neutral; hers for feminine; his for masculine.)Without contraction or possessive, the sentence would have been .—  Position has never been in the footer. Position (=it) is in the window owned by Position. Remember, you're unique, just like everybody else. From: Jonathan Lundell <jlundell@pobox.com> To: gcmac@yahoogroups.com Sent: Friday, May 31, 2013 12:54 PM Subject: Re: [gcmac] GC color meter   On 31 May 2013, at 10:45 AM, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: > > On May 31, 2013, at 10:59 AM, Jonathan Lundell <jlundell@pobox.com> wrote: > >> On 31 May 2013, at 9:54 AM, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: >>> >>> Could we have a screen shot where in the preferences this is. >> >> General -> Display Windows >> >> (I searched for 'footer') > > I checked "Display Windows/Show/Position and color in footer" > > My footer did not change. > > Position has never been in the footer. It's in it's own window. > > We are talking about GraphicConverter 8.6..? You'll see in in windows that you open after you set the preference.
thorstenlemke

Re: GC color meter

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,the new BETA does now display RGBA for images with alpha channel.ThorstenOn 31.05.2013, at 19:54, Jonathan Lundell <jlundell@pobox.com> wrote: On 31 May 2013, at 10:45 AM, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote:> > On May 31, 2013, at 10:59 AM, Jonathan Lundell <jlundell@pobox.com> wrote:> >> On 31 May 2013, at 9:54 AM, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote:>>> >>> Could we have a screen shot where in the preferences this is.>> >> General -> Display Windows>> >> (I searched for 'footer')> > I checked "Display Windows/Show/Position and color in footer" > > My footer did not change.> > Position has never been in the footer. It's in it's own window.> > We are talking about GraphicConverter 8.6..?
Jonathan Lundell

Post by Jonathan Lundell »

On 3 Jun 2013, at 2:45 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: the new BETA does now display RGBA for images with alpha channel.Thanks!
Jonathan Lundell

On 3 Jun 2013, at 2:45 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: the new BETA does now display RGBA for images with alpha channel.A transparent black pixel in a PNG is indicating (wrongly) rgba: 0,0,0,255I'm guessing that this has to do with reading alpha on the wrong side of the treat-background-color-as-transparent logic? At any rate, the pixel is in fact 0,0,0,0. I'll send a sample image off-list.
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,it looks here ok.Transparent parts do have 255 for the transparency value and the other 0.Thorsten On 04.06.2013, at 17:36, Jonathan Lundell <jlundell@pobox.com> wrote:   On 3 Jun 2013, at 2:45 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote:the new BETA does now display RGBA for images with alpha channel.A transparent black pixel in a PNG is indicating (wrongly) rgba: 0,0,0,255I'm gu
Jonathan Lundell

On 5 Jun 2013, at 12:18 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: it looks here ok.Transparent parts do have 255 for the transparency value and the other 0.I see. I assumed that you were mapping 0-1 alpha to 0-255, like rgb, where 0,0,0,1 is black, 1,1,1,1 white, and x,x,x,0 transparent. I'll get used to it, I guess; happy to have it at all.ThorstenOn 04.06.2013, at 17:36, Jonathan Lundell <jlundell@pobox.com> wrote:On 3 Jun 2013, at 2:45 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote:the new BETA does now display RGBA for images with alpha channel.A transparent black pixel in a PNG is indicating (wrongly) rgba: 0,0,0,255