GC color meter

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Jonathan Lundell

GC color meter

Post by Jonathan Lundell »

Can I examine the color of a single pixel in GC? What I'm after is something that behaves like the GC position window, and gives me a continuous readout of the color at the cursor, including alpha. Something like Digital Color Meter (except that DCM doesn't read alpha, for I think obvious reasons that don't apply to GC), including its options for presenting colors in various formats, and the ability to copy color as text or color, though that's secondary. If not, extending the position window to include color would be a nice place for it, IMO.
thorstenlemke

Re: GC color meter

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,yes, just enable the detailed display in the footer in the prefs.You will see the rgb values under the mouse.Thorsten On 31.05.2013, at 15:34, Jonathan Lundell <jlundell@pobox.com> wrote:   Can I examine the color of a single pixel in GC? What I'm after is something that behaves like the GC position window, and gives me a continuous readout of the color at the cursor, including alpha. Something like Digital Color Meter (except that DCM doesn't read alpha, for I think obvious reasons that don't apply to GC), including its options for presenting colors in various formats, and the ability to copy color as text or color, though that's secondary. If not, extending the position window to include color would be a nice place for it, IMO.
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

Thorsten, Could we have a screen shot where in the preferences this is. TIA, On May 31, 2013, at 10:23 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: > > > Hello, > > yes, just enable the detailed display in the footer in the prefs. > > You will see the rgb values under the mouse. > > Thorsten > > > On 31.05.2013, at 15:34, Jonathan Lundell <jlundell@pobox.com> wrote: > >> Can I examine the color of a single pixel in GC? >> >> What I'm after is something that behaves like the GC position window, and gives me a continuous readout of the color at the cursor, including alpha. Something like Digital Color Meter (except that DCM doesn't read alpha, for I think obvious reasons that don't apply to GC), including its options for presenting colors in various formats, and the ability to copy color as text or color, though that's secondary. >> >> If not, extending the position window to include color would be a nice place for it, IMO. >> Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
Jonathan Lundell

On 31 May 2013, at 9:23 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: yes, just enable the detailed display in the footer in the prefs.You will see the rgb values under the mouse.Thanks. Is it possible to display alpha as well?ThorstenOn 31.05.2013, at 15:34, Jonathan Lundell <jlundell@pobox.com> wrote:Can I examine the color of a single pixel in GC? What I'm after is something that behaves like the GC position window, and gives me a continuous readout of the color at the cursor, including alpha. Something like Digital Color Meter (except that DCM doesn't read alpha, for I think obvious reasons that don't apply to GC), including its options for presenting colors in various formats, and the ability to copy color as text or color, though that's secondary.If not, extending the position window to include color would be a nice place for it, IMO.
Jonathan Lundell

On 31 May 2013, at 9:54 AM, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: > > Could we have a screen shot where in the preferences this is. General -> Display Windows (I searched for 'footer') > > TIA, > > On May 31, 2013, at 10:23 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: > >> >> >> Hello, >> >> yes, just enable the detailed display in the footer in the prefs. >> >> You will see the rgb values under the mouse. >> >> Thorsten >> >> >> On 31.05.2013, at 15:34, Jonathan Lundell <jlundell@pobox.com> wrote: >> >>> Can I examine the color of a single pixel in GC? >>> >>> What I'm after is something that behaves like the GC position window, and gives me a continuous readout of the color at the cursor, including alpha. Something like Digital Color Meter (except that DCM doesn't read alpha, for I think obvious reasons that don't apply to GC), including its options for presenting colors in various formats, and the ability to copy color as text or color, though that's secondary. >>> >>> If not, extending the position window to include color would be a nice place for it, IMO. >>> > Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,ah - good suggestion. Will be added.Thorsten On 31.05.2013, at 18:54, Jonathan Lundell <jlundell@pobox.com> wrote:   On 31 May 2013, at 9:23 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote:yes, just enable the detailed display in the footer in the prefs.You will see the rgb values under the mouse.Thanks. Is it possible to display alpha as well?ThorstenOn 31.05.2013, at 15:34, Jonathan Lundell <jlundell@pobox.com> wrote:Can I examine the color of a single pixel in GC? What I'm after is something that behaves like the GC position window, and gives me a continuous readout of the color at the cursor, including alpha. Something like Digital Color Meter (except that DCM doesn't read alpha, for I think obvious reasons that don't apply to GC), including its options for presenting colors in various formats, and the ability to copy color as text or color, though that's secondary.If not, extending the position window to include color would be a nice place for it, IMO.
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

On May 31, 2013, at 10:59 AM, Jonathan Lundell <jlundell@pobox.com> wrote: > On 31 May 2013, at 9:54 AM, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: >> >> Could we have a screen shot where in the preferences this is. > > General -> Display Windows > > (I searched for 'footer') I checked "Display Windows/Show/Position and color in footer" My footer did not change. Position has never been in the footer. It's in it's own window. We are talking about GraphicConverter 8.6..? >> TIA, >> >> On May 31, 2013, at 10:23 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: >> >>> >>> >>> Hello, >>> >>> yes, just enable the detailed display in the footer in the prefs. >>> >>> You will see the rgb values under the mouse. >>> >>> Thorsten >>> >>> >>> On 31.05.2013, at 15:34, Jonathan Lundell <jlundell@pobox.com> wrote: >>> >>>> Can I examine the color of a single pixel in GC? >>>> >>>> What I'm after is something that behaves like the GC position window, and gives me a continuous readout of the color at the cursor, including alpha. Something like Digital Color Meter (except that DCM doesn't read alpha, for I think obvious reasons that don't apply to GC), including its options for presenting colors in various formats, and the ability to copy color as text or color, though that's secondary. >>>> >>>> If not, extending the position window to include color would be a nice place for it, IMO. >>>> >> Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO > > > > > ------------------------------------ > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
Jonathan Lundell

On 31 May 2013, at 10:45 AM, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: > > On May 31, 2013, at 10:59 AM, Jonathan Lundell <jlundell@pobox.com> wrote: > >> On 31 May 2013, at 9:54 AM, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: >>> >>> Could we have a screen shot where in the preferences this is. >> >> General -> Display Windows >> >> (I searched for 'footer') > > I checked "Display Windows/Show/Position and color in footer" > > My footer did not change. > > Position has never been in the footer. It's in it's own window. > > We are talking about GraphicConverter 8.6..? You'll see in in windows that you open after you set the preference.
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

On May 31, 2013, at 11:54 AM, Jonathan Lundell <jlundell@pobox.com> wrote: > On 31 May 2013, at 10:45 AM, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: >> >> On May 31, 2013, at 10:59 AM, Jonathan Lundell <jlundell@pobox.com> wrote: >> >>> On 31 May 2013, at 9:54 AM, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: >>>> >>>> Could we have a screen shot where in the preferences this is. >>> >>> General -> Display Windows >>> >>> (I searched for 'footer') >> >> I checked "Display Windows/Show/Position and color in footer" >> >> My footer did not change. >> >> Position has never been in the footer. It's in it's own window. >> >> We are talking about GraphicConverter 8.6..? > > You'll see in in windows that you open after you set the preference. Now I see it, Thanks. Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
Roberto Manuel Latorre

Re: GC color meter (Just a correction)

Post by Roberto Manuel Latorre »

I'm sorry. I'm really on a soapbox here.You wrote:                     > Position has never been in the footer. It's in it's own window.Should have been "It's in its own window."This is a classic sentence showing the verb contraction (it's, contracted from "it is") together with the possessive (its for neutral; hers for feminine; his for masculine.)Without contraction or possessive, the sentence would have been .—  Position has never been in the footer. Position (=it) is in the window owned by Position. Remember, you're unique, just like everybody else. From: Jonathan Lundell <jlundell@pobox.com> To: gcmac@yahoogroups.com Sent: Friday, May 31, 2013 12:54 PM Subject: Re: [gcmac] GC color meter   On 31 May 2013, at 10:45 AM, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: > > On May 31, 2013, at 10:59 AM, Jonathan Lundell <jlundell@pobox.com> wrote: > >> On 31 May 2013, at 9:54 AM, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: >>> >>> Could we have a screen shot where in the preferences this is. >> >> General -> Display Windows >> >> (I searched for 'footer') > > I checked "Display Windows/Show/Position and color in footer" > > My footer did not change. > > Position has never been in the footer. It's in it's own window. > > We are talking about GraphicConverter 8.6..? You'll see in in windows that you open after you set the preference.