Building a Composite Image

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
tedgoranson

Building a Composite Image

Post by tedgoranson »

I have a group of, say, 20 images all the same size. I would like to build a single image from them with the following rule. Each of the source images is sliced into 20 equal vertical columns. The destination image is composed of the first column from the first image, then the second column from the second image and so on. How would I do this, please? — Ted Goranson
thorstenlemke

Re: Building a Composite Image

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello Ted,just use the concat function in convert & modify.Thorsten On 10.06.2013, at 16:55, tedgoranson <tedg@alum.mit.edu> wrote:   I have a group of, say, 20 images all the same size. I would like to build a single image from them with the following rule. Each of the source images is sliced into 20 equal vertical columns. The destination image is composed of the first column from the first image, then the second column from the second image and so on. How would I do this, please? — Ted Goranson
tedgoranson

Post by tedgoranson »

I'm having trouble mapping this advice to the task. I can concat the full images, but not slices. Hagens doesn't illuminate. Any advice please? --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello Ted, > > just use the concat function in convert & modify. > > Thorsten > > On 10.06.2013, at 16:55, tedgoranson <tedg@...> wrote: > > > I have a group of, say, 20 images all the same size. I would like to build a single image from them with the following rule. > > > > Each of the source images is sliced into 20 equal vertical columns. The destination image is composed of the first column from the first image, then the second column from the second image and so on. > > > > How would I do this, please? > > > > — Ted Goranson > > > > >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,please e-mail the source files.Thorsten On 10.06.2013, at 21:43, "tedgoranson" <tedg@alum.mit.edu> wrote:   I'm having trouble mapping this advice to the task. I can concat the full images, but not slices. Hagens doesn't illuminate. Any advice please? --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello Ted, > > just use the concat function in convert & modify. > > Thorsten.