Save for Web Question

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
pixel_a_ted

Save for Web Question

Post by pixel_a_ted »

I'm using v. 8.7 of GC on a MacBook Pro that is running OS 10.8.3. If I create a TIFF file with another program (Capture NX2) and view it with the Apple Preview program, it shows two images, the second being a smaller, embedded preview image. If I open the image in GC and go to File/Save for Web, the image shown in the window that opens is obviously the preview image, not the main image - it only occupies the lower left hand corner of the window and the displayed pixel dimensions are much smaller than the main image. How do I get Save for Web to work on the main image and not the preview image? Thanks.
thorstenlemke

Re: Save for Web Question

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,just open in GraphicConverter the full resolution image and save that for the web.You can use the page selector at the bottom of the window to switch between the pages.Thorsten On 03.07.2013, at 03:37, "pixel_a_ted" <pixel_a_ted@yahoo.com> wrote:   I'm using v. 8.7 of GC on a MacBook Pro that is running OS 10.8.3. If I create a TIFF file with another program (Capture NX2) and view it with the Apple Preview program, it shows two images, the second being a smaller, embedded preview image. If I open the image in GC and go to File/Save for Web, the image shown in the window that opens is obviously the preview image, not the main image - it only occupies the lower left hand corner of the window and the displayed pixel dimensions are much smaller than the main image. How do I get Save for Web to work on the main image and not the preview image? Thanks.
pixel_a_ted

Post by pixel_a_ted »

--- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello, > > just open in GraphicConverter the full resolution image and save that for the web. > You can use the page selector at the bottom of the window to switch between the pages. > > Thorsten > > Thanks for the quick reply but I'm not following you. When I open the image, it appears to be the full resolution version that opens. Which window has a page selector at the bottom? The Save for Web window has several options at the bottom, but no page selector. The File/Open window doesn't have a page selector either? Thanks.
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,please e-mail the source file.Thorsten On 03.07.2013, at 14:00, "pixel_a_ted" <pixel_a_ted@yahoo.com> wrote:   --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello, > > just open in GraphicConverter the full resolution image and save that for the web. > You can use the page selector at the bottom of the window to switch between the pages. > > Thorsten > > Thanks for the quick reply but I'm not following you. When I open the image, it appears to be the full resolution version that opens. Which window has a page selector at the bottom? The Save for Web window has several options at the bottom, but no page selector. The File/Open window doesn't have a page selector either? Thanks.
pixel_a_ted

Post by pixel_a_ted »

I have sent you the file and through our email conversation thought that GC 8.7.1 would address this issue. Save for Web is still only showing the embedded thumbnail image. In fact also I notice that if I use Save As and direct the result to a folder on my desktop, no file is created. Thanks.
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,I rechecked it here and found no problem. Please trash the preferences file. What happens now?Thorsten   I have sent you the file and through our email conversation thought that GC 8.7.1 would address this issue. Save for Web is still only showing the embedded thumbnail image. In fact also I notice that if I use Save As and direct the result to a folder on my desktop, no file is created. Thanks.
pixel_a_ted

Post by pixel_a_ted »

As per the instructions in the FAQ, I moved com.lemkesoft.graphicconverter.plist to the desktop. I restarted the program and opened the 439 x 475 pixel TIFF image. When I do Save for Web, the window that opens is still just showing a 105 x 138 image. The only options are Quality, Progressive, Embed IPTC/XMP, Embed EXIF, Merge Color Profile into image, Reduce to 72 pip, Scale longest side to and Sharpen. It did save the file - not sure why it didn't before - but it is the thumbnail sized image ("Scale longest side to" is unchecked). Thank you.
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,curious. Please mail the source file to me.Thorsten Am 21.07.2013 um 01:06 schrieb "pixel_a_ted" <pixel_a_ted@yahoo.com>:   As per the instructions in the FAQ, I moved com.lemkesoft.graphicconverter.plist to the desktop. I restarted the program and opened the 439 x 475 pixel TIFF image. When I do Save for Web, the window that opens is still just showing a 105 x 138 image. The only options are Quality, Progressive, Embed IPTC/XMP, Embed EXIF, Merge Color Profile into image, Reduce to 72 pip, Scale longest side to and Sharpen. It did save the file - not sure why it didn't before - but it is the thumbnail sized image ("Scale longest side to" is unchecked). Thank you.
pixel_a_ted

Post by pixel_a_ted »

I think this has been resolved - a misunderstanding on my part. I didn't realize that Save for Web reduces the pixel size of the image so thought it was just saving the thumbnail.