Kaspersky conflict

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
jeff.hands

Kaspersky conflict

Post by jeff.hands »

Has anyone else experienced Kaspersky anti-virus conflicting with Graphic Converter? When I have Kaspersky activated, and I try to open a browser in Graphic Converter, then GC freezes up. If I disable Kaspersky there's no problem. Any thoughts? Thanks, Jeff Hands
Mike Bauers

Re: Kaspersky conflict

Post by Mike Bauers »

I've dealt with this on PC's. The solution is to deactivate or disconnect your internet connection before using a graphics or other serious program and turn off your virus protection while you are disconnected from the net.. So disconnect or turn-off your internet, do a virus sweep if you wish, turn off the anti-virus, and finally run the programs you wish to. I'd like to know.......... did Kaspersky ever detect a virus or other malware on your computer? Best to ya... Mike Bauers Milwaukee, Wi, USA On Jul 5, 2013, at 3:29 PM, "jeff.hands" <jeff.hands@t-online.de> wrote: > Has anyone else experienced Kaspersky anti-virus conflicting with Graphic Converter? When I have Kaspersky activated, and I try to open a browser in Graphic Converter, then GC freezes up. If I disable Kaspersky there's no problem. > > Any thoughts? > > Thanks, > > Jeff Hands
Jonathan Lundell

Post by Jonathan Lundell »

On 5 Jul 2013, at 6:53 PM, Mike Bauers <mwbauers55@wi.rr.com> wrote: > > The solution is to deactivate or disconnect your internet connection before using a graphics or other serious program and turn off your virus protection while you are disconnected from the net.. > > So disconnect or turn-off your internet, do a virus sweep if you wish, turn off the anti-virus, and finally run the programs you wish to. Seriously?
Mark R. Williamson

Post by Mark R. Williamson »

On Jul 5, 2013, at 3:29 PM, jeff.hands <jeff.hands@t-online.de> wrote: Has anyone else experienced Kaspersky anti-virus conflicting with Graphic Converter? When I have Kaspersky activated, and I try to open a browser in Graphic Converter, then GC freezes up. If I disable Kaspersky there's no problem.Time to get a better (less intrusive) anti-virus?
Mike Bauers

Post by Mike Bauers »

Either that, or rewrite Kaspersky to not treat the GC or related files as virus suspects. Wanna bet it's not just GC that Kaspersky is interfering with? On the PC side these problems happen to folks that insist upon having their instant messaging live and running their internet connection with its several protection programs for anti-spam, anti-virus, and other anti-malware programs running at the same time, testing all newly opened files and programs at the same time. Thus conflicts happen. Even worse are those that run two brands of anti-virus at once and those two programs actually fight each other as files are probed by the anti-virus programs. Then they try to work in a serious program with all that activity going on in the background. They get an I.M. or new emails in the background and while the protective programs test the new files, the cpu gets bogged down, memory conflicts arise, and work sometimes gets corrupted or the program pauses or even crashes. As reported Kaspersky interferes with GC. The most effective solution is to set up the condition where you don't have to run Kaspersky or use a version that Kaspersky wrote to get around that problem. I do this with a PC, even if I'm running Windows on my Mac. I've not had to do the same with my native Mac side, but then I don't run Kaspersky on it. Best to ya... Mike Bauers Milwaukee, Wi, USA On Jul 5, 2013, at 8:55 PM, Jonathan Lundell <jlundell@pobox.com> wrote: > On 5 Jul 2013, at 6:53 PM, Mike Bauers <mwbauers55@wi.rr.com> wrote: >> >> The solution is to deactivate or disconnect your internet connection before using a graphics or other serious program and turn off your virus protection while you are disconnected from the net.. >> >> So disconnect or turn-off your internet, do a virus sweep if you wish, turn off the anti-virus, and finally run the programs you wish to. > > Seriously?