changing size of eraser tool

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
free_hedge

changing size of eraser tool

Post by free_hedge »

Hi I'm having trouble with the eraser tool, in that I can't get it any larger. Any suggestions? thanks.
thorstenlemke

Re: changing size of eraser tool

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,just click onto the tool icon.Thorsten On 07.07.2013, at 10:27, "free_hedge" <free_hedge@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:   Hi I'm having trouble with the eraser tool, in that I can't get it any larger. Any suggestions? thanks. __._
cshores607

Post by cshores607 »

I, too, am having this problem. I've clicked on the eraser tool, but can't seem to figure out how to go larger than 15 px. I can enter a number larger than 15, but the number returns to 15 if I press "return". What am I missing? - Jim Williams --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hi, > > just click onto the tool icon. > > Thorsten > > On 07.07.2013, at 10:27, "free_hedge" <free_hedge@...> wrote: > > > Hi > > I'm having trouble with the eraser tool, in that I can't get it any larger. Any suggestions? > > thanks. > > > > __._ >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,the current max. size is 15x15. Do you need more?Thorsten (important note: please always include this complete email in your reply) On 07.07.2013, at 14:29, "cshores607" <jwms911@comcast.net> wrote:   I, too, am having this problem. I've clicked on the eraser tool, but can't seem to figure out how to go larger than 15 px. I can enter a number larger than 15, but the number returns to 15 if I press "return". What am I missing?
Jim Williams

Post by Jim Williams »

Attachments : Re: [gcmac] Re: changing size of eraser tool Hi Thorsten, I know how to make the eraser smaller.  Sometimes a lot more would be handy if I have large areas I’d like to erase.  Why not the ability to go into the box where the 12 is showing in your screen shot and choose 30 or 50 instead of having to weave a 15 x 15 box back and forth, and back and forth and – well, you get the idea – to erase a large area? I was thinking that a previous version of GC had this feature to go larger, but maybe not. Maybe there is another feature in GC I use to erase a large area? 15 x 15 is a good default number, but sometimes bigger can be better. - Jim on 7/7/13 9:30 AM,  Thorsten Lemke  wrote: Hi, the current max. size is 15x15. Do you need more? Thorsten (important note: please always include this complete email in your reply) On 07.07.2013, at 14:29, "cshores607" <jwms911@comcast.net> wrote:   I, too, am having this problem. I've clicked on the eraser tool, but can't seem to figure out how to go larger than 15 px. I can enter a number larger than 15, but the number returns to 15 if I press "return". What am I missing?
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

Thorsten, More would be better. On Jul 7, 2013, at 8:30 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: > Hi, > > the current max. size is 15x15. Do you need more? > > Thorsten > > <GraphicConverterScreenSnapz001.jpg> > (important note: please always include this complete email in your reply) > > > On 07.07.2013, at 14:29, "cshores607" <jwms911@comcast.net> wrote: > >> >> >> I, too, am having this problem. I've clicked on the eraser tool, but can't seem to figure out how to go larger than 15 px. I can enter a number larger than 15, but the number returns to 15 if I press "return". What am I missing? >> > Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Jim,I released a new beta.Please check:http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlI did increase the max size to 50x50.Thorsten On 07.07.2013, at 17:54, Jim Williams <jwms911@comcast.net> wrote:   Hi Thorsten, I know how to make the eraser smaller.  Sometimes a lot more would be handy if I have large areas I’d like to erase.  Why not the ability to go into the box where the 12 is showing in your screen shot and choose 30 or 50 instead of having to weave a 15 x 15 box back and forth, and back and forth and – well, you get the idea – to erase a large area? I was thinking that a previous version of GC had this feature to go larger, but maybe not. Maybe there is another feature in GC I use to erase a large area? 15 x 15 is a good default number, but sometimes bigger can be better. - Jim
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

Thorsten, Did you mean to remove the rectangle/circle option? On Jul 7, 2013, at 10:38 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: > > > Hi Jim, > > I released a new beta. > Please check: > http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html > > I did increase the max size to 50x50. > > Thorsten > Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, no, you can increase the size to 50 x 50. Thorsten On 07.07.2013, at 19:34, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: > Thorsten, > > Did you mean to remove the rectangle/circle option? > > > On Jul 7, 2013, at 10:38 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: >
Bill Bedford

Post by Bill Bedford »

On Sun, 07 Jul 2013 10:54:03 -0500, Jim Williams wrote: > Hi Thorsten, > > I know how to make the eraser smaller. Sometimes a lot more would be handy > if I have large areas I¹d like to erase. Why not the ability to go into the > box where the 12 is showing in your screen shot and choose 30 or 50 instead > of having to weave a 15 x 15 box back and forth, and back and forth and ­ > well, you get the idea ­ to erase a large area? It is a lot quicker to select areas with the selection tool and delete them, then finish off with a medium erase tool. -- Bill Bedford "Man is an animal suspended in webs of significance he himself has spun" -- Clifford Geertz