OMG!! - GC8 did not save my image!?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Wayne Eligur

Re: OMG!! - GC8 did not save my image!?

Post by Wayne Eligur »

trash preferences then? From: Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> To: gcmac@yahoogroups.com Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2013 9:08:44 AM Subject: Re: [gcmac] Re: OMG!! - GC8 did not save my image!? Hi Robert,that is really curious. Only Wayne and you do report the short open recent files list. No other user. So, maybe something corrupted?ThorstenOn 11.07.2013, at 18:05, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote:> > On Jul 11, 2013, at 10:02 AM, Wayne Eligur <eligurwayne@yahoo.ca> wrote:> >> you are using LION or Mnt. Lion? I am on Snow Leopard but same settings...>> >> From: Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de>>> To: gcmac@yahoogroups.com >> Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2013 8:57:28 AM>> Subject: Re: [gcmac] Re: OMG!! - GC8 did not save my image!?>> >> Hi,------------------------------------Yahoo! Groups Links<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gcmac/<*> Your email settings:    Individual Email : Traditional<*> To change settings online go to:    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gcmac/join    (Yahoo! ID required)<*> To change settings via email:    gcmac-digest@yahoogroups.com     gcmac-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:    gcmac-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,yes, please try.Trash all com.lemkesoft.graphicconverter…The MacOS does created a shared version, too.You have to quit GraphicConverter first.Thorsten On 11.07.2013, at 18:10, Wayne Eligur <eligurwayne@yahoo.ca> wrote:   trash preferences then?
Wayne Eligur

Post by Wayne Eligur »

umm ... excuse my laxity but could you remind me the exact PATH for your file com.lemkesoft.graphicconverter?? This newer style they implemented on later OS is not to my liking .. why do they list preferences with com.xxx now anyway? Were preferences supposed to be public???? From: Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> To: gcmac@yahoogroups.com Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2013 9:13:05 AM Subject: Re: [gcmac] Re: OMG!! - GC8 did not save my image!?   Hello,yes, please try.Trash all com.lemkesoft.graphicconverter…The MacOS does created a shared version, too.You have to quit GraphicConverter first.ThorstenOn 11.07.2013, at 18:10, Wayne Eligur <eligurwayne@yahoo.ca> wrote:   trash preferences then?
pf

Post by pf »

GC shows 10 files here. My System Prefs: Keep used objects*: 50 *The term may differ - I have a German system. Peter Support NSA and GCHQ - Write in English Soutiens DGSE - a�cris en frana�ais Am 11.07.2013 um 14:09 schrieb Thorsten Lemke: > > > Hello Robert, > > shows here 8. > > Cocoa does use the settings from your system panel. > > Thorsten > > (i > On 11.07.2013, at 13:20, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: > >> Thorsten, >> >> With GC, on my machine I show only two items. >> >> And with Pages I show 10 items. >> >> This has been a problem with GC for a long time. >> >> On Jul 10, 2013, at 11:08 PM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: >> >> > >> > > >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,yes, ~/Library/Preferences/ as written in the help menu item troubleshooting.Thorsten On 11.07.2013, at 18:22, Wayne Eligur <eligurwayne@yahoo.ca> wrote:   umm ... excuse my laxity but could you remind me the exact PATH for your file com.lemkesoft.graphicconverter?? This newer style they implemented on later OS is not to my liking .. why do they list preferences with com.xxx now anyway? Were preferences supposed to be public????
Roberto Manuel Latorre

Post by Roberto Manuel Latorre »

My GC shows eighteen items on the Open Recent (which is about right, as I clear the list often) and two-and-twenty on the Browse Recent (which I don't clear as often.) My System is set at thirty, so I see no problem. Plus before I place final files on database (by client, account, project, etc.) I save to dedicated folders (GC ƒ for GraphicConverter files; PS ƒ for Photoshop files; etc.)Wayne, I would quit GC, trash the preferences, go to System Preferences >General and there reset the number, then restart GC.  Remember, you're unique, just like everybody else. From: pf <pfackelmann@gmx.net> To: gcmac@yahoogroups.com Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2013 12:04 PM Subject: Re: [gcmac] OMG!! - GC8 did not save my image!?   GC shows 10 files here. My System Prefs: Keep used objects*: 50 *The term may differ - I have a German system. Peter Support NSA and GCHQ - Write in English Soutiens DGSE - a�cris en frana�ais Am 11.07.2013 um 14:09 schrieb Thorsten Lemke: > > > Hello Robert, > > shows here 8. > > Cocoa does use the settings from your system panel. > > Thorsten > > (i > On 11.07.2013, at 13:20, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: > >> Thorsten, >> >> With GC, on my machine I show only two items. >> >> And with Pages I show 10 items. >> >> This has been a problem with GC for a long time. >> >> On Jul 10, 2013, at 11:08 PM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: >> >> > >> > > >
Wayne Eligur

Post by Wayne Eligur »

he he Ja I probably am! From: Roberto Manuel Latorre <ronin55calo@yahoo.com> To: "gcmac@yahoogroups.com" <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Friday, July 12, 2013 2:14:21 PM Subject: Re: [gcmac] OMG!! - GC8 did not save my image!?   My GC shows eighteen items on the Open Recent (which is about right, as I clear the list often) and two-and-twenty on the Browse Recent (which I don't clear as often.) My System is set at thirty, so I see no problem. Plus before I place final files on database (by client, account, project, etc.) I save to dedicated folders (GC ƒ for GraphicConverter files; PS ƒ for Photoshop files; etc.)Wayne, I would quit GC, trash the preferences, go to System Preferences >General and there reset the number, then restart GC.  Remember, you're unique, just like everybody else. From: pf <pfackelmann@gmx.net> To: gcmac@yahoogroups.com Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2013 12:04 PM Subject: Re: [gcmac] OMG!! - GC8 did not save my image!?   GC shows 10 files here. My System Prefs: Keep used objects*: 50 *The term may differ - I have a German system. Peter Support NSA and GCHQ - Write in English Soutiens DGSE - a�cris en frana�ais Am 11.07.2013 um 14:09 schrieb Thorsten Lemke: > > > Hello Robert, > > shows here 8. > > Cocoa does use the settings from your system panel. > > Thorsten > > (i > On 11.07.2013, at 13:20, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: > >> Thorsten, >> >> With GC, on my machine I show only two items. >> >> And with Pages I show 10 items. >> >> This has been a problem with GC for a long time. >> >> On Jul 10, 2013, at 11:08 PM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: >> >> > >> > > >
Wayne Eligur

Post by Wayne Eligur »

Attachments :10;6.8 mess up.pnghello !I  use snow leopard because of the non-lockup of system memories that plague the two lions versions now playing. That problem is ongoing. These OS require unfair amounts of memory.After several OS updates I am embarrassed to ask "what did they do to the file system?"300 MB of updates @  is in my view a complete rewrite of this OS and I notice an instability in each one. The security updates make the computer more unresponsive and to use a word.. devious.. to me.well I cannot find the path you stated and I looked all over ..~/Library/Preferences/where is GC in all this mess?enclosed is 5 minutes of search results snap shot image shows zero results.. From: Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> To: gcmac@yahoogroups.com Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2013 10:40:15 AM Subject: Re: [gcmac] Re: OMG!! - GC8 did not save my image!?   Hello,yes, ~/Library/Preferences/ as written in the help menu item troubleshooting.Thorsten On 11.07.2013, at 18:22, Wayne Eligur <eligurwayne@yahoo.ca> wrote:   umm ... excuse my laxity but could you remind me the exact PATH for your file com.lemkesoft.graphicconverter?? This newer style they implemented on later OS is not to my liking .. why do they list preferences with com.xxx now anyway? Were preferences supposed to be public????
Wayne Eligur

Post by Wayne Eligur »

Guys maybe I need to take Apple 101 but I know GC v 6, 7 and 8 very well. From: Wayne Eligur <eligurwayne@yahoo.ca> To: "gcmac@yahoogroups.com" <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Friday, July 12, 2013 9:28:21 PM Subject: Re: [gcmac] Re: OMG!! - GC8 did not save my image!? hello !I  use snow leopard because of the non-lockup of system memories that plague the two lions versions now playing. That problem is ongoing. These OS require unfair amounts of memory.After several OS updates I am embarrassed to ask "what did they do to the file system?"300 MB of updates @  is in my view a complete rewrite of this OS and I notice an instability in each one. The security updates make the computer more unresponsive and to use a word.. devious.. to me.well I cannot find the path you stated and I looked all over ..~/Library/Preferences/where is GC in all this mess?enclosed is 5 minutes of search results snap shot image shows zero results.. From: Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> To: gcmac@yahoogroups.com Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2013 10:40:15 AM Subject: Re: [gcmac] Re: OMG!! - GC8 did not save my image!?   Hello,yes, ~/Library/Preferences/ as written in the help menu item troubleshooting.Thorsten On 11.07.2013, at 18:22, Wayne Eligur <eligurwayne@yahoo.ca> wrote:   umm ... excuse my laxity but could you remind me the exact PATH for your file com.lemkesoft.graphicconverter?? This newer style they implemented on later OS is not to my liking .. why do they list preferences with com.xxx now anyway? Were preferences supposed to be public????
Bill Bedford

Post by Bill Bedford »

On Fri, 12 Jul 2013 21:31:05 -0700 (PDT), Wayne Eligur wrote: > Guys maybe I need to take Apple 101 but I know GC v 6, 7 and 8 very well. > Not well enough…….. ~/Library/Preferences/com.lemkesoft.graphicconverter.plist -- Bill Bedford "Man is an animal suspended in webs of significance he himself has spun" -- Clifford Geertz