rgb to cmyk

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Sue Lange

rgb to cmyk

Post by Sue Lange »

Hi there, I joined up hoping someone in this group might be able to help with a problem I'm having. I'm trying to convert a few rob figures to cmyk. When change the mode (Picture => Mode => CMYKcolor) it seems to accept the change, but when I save, close, and reopen it has reverted back to rgb. What am I missing in this operation? Sue Lange IEEE Communications Society Publications suelange1@verizon.net
thorstenlemke

Re: rgb to cmyk

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hello,which file format did you select?Only a few does support CMYK.Select TIFF or JPEG.thorsten On 15.08.2013, at 17:29, Sue Lange <suelange1@verizon.net> wrote:   Hi there, I joined up hoping someone in this group might be able to help with a problem I'm having. I'm trying to convert a few rob figures to cmyk. When change the mode (Picture => Mode => CMYKcolor) it seems to accept the change, but when I save, close, and reopen it has reverted back to rgb. What am I missing in this operation? Sue Lange IEEE Communications Society Publications suelange1@verizon.net
Sue Lange

Re: rgb to cmyk

Post by Sue Lange »

Ah. Yes, okay. I just converted to tiff and it reformatted correctly. It was an eps figure.Thanks, Sue LangeIEEE Communications SocietyPublicationssuelange1@verizon.net On Aug 15, 2013, at 12:07 PM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: Hello,which file format did you select?Only a few does support CMYK.Select TIFF or JPEG.thorsten On 15.08.2013, at 17:29, Sue Lange <suelange1@verizon.net> wrote:   Hi there, I joined up hoping someone in this group might be able to help with a problem I'm having. I'm trying to convert a few rob figures to cmyk. When change the mode (Picture => Mode => CMYKcolor) it seems to accept the change, but when I save, close, and reopen it has reverted back to rgb. What am I missing in this operation? Sue Lange IEEE Communications Society Publications suelange1@verizon.net