RAW Converter Engine in GC

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
jamesk8752

RAW Converter Engine in GC

Post by jamesk8752 »

Thorsten, can you tell us which RAW converter engine is used in the current release of GC? I am able to convert RAW files from my Fujifilm X-E1 which uses an X-Trans CFA in GC, but I wonder if I might get better results using a different RAW converter to convert the Fuji RAF files to TIFF, and then use GC on the converted file. There are many claims on the internet that most RAW converters do not work as well with the X-Trans sensor as they do with the Bayer CFA. What do you think? Thanks! Regards, Jim
thorstenlemke

Re: RAW Converter Engine in GC

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hello Jim,I use by default (if active in the prefs) Apples Core Image RAW importer.I use dcraw if the Apple Core Image RAW importer does fail or you change the prefs.Thorsten On 17.08.2013, at 21:59, "jamesk8752" <jamesk8752@comcast.net> wrote:   Thorsten, can you tell us which RAW converter engine is used in the current release of GC? I am able to convert RAW files from my Fujifilm X-E1 which uses an X-Trans CFA in GC, but I wonder if I might get better results using a different RAW converter to convert the Fuji RAF files to TIFF, and then use GC on the converted file. There are many claims on the internet that most RAW converters do not work as well with the X-Trans sensor as they do with the Bayer CFA. What do you think? Thanks! Regards, Jim