Tile printing issue

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Graham Samuel

Tile printing issue

Post by Graham Samuel »

Hi I've been using GC to print posters by dividing the image to be printed into tiles. This is allowed in GC under the name 'Overlap' in the Print dialog. However I'm having quite a lot of difficulty with it. The simplest thing I want to do is to create an A3 print out of two sheets of A4. This is not as easy as I thought: I can see the preview of (say) a portrait A3. The most economical way of tiling this is via two landscape A4 sheets, but the print dialog doesn't seem to provide this. It starts by offering to create an A2 copy with four sheets, but if I keep reducing the scale, it never gets to A3 but just skips to a single A4 sheet. It's something to do with the difference in orientation of the original and the tiles. My workaround has been to use the canvas feature to create the tiles myself, but this is of course tedious and prone to inaccuracy, so I'd love to have a solution within GC. Is there a simple way round this? Anticipating the answer 'no', I'd add that I would really like a dialog that allows one to create the mapping of the image onto tiles, and allows this to be change graphically. Also since (at least in Europe) A sizes (thanks to the DIN) are in general use, maybe these sizes could be built in to GC's tiling dialogs. Hope this is of interest to others. Graham Samuel
thorstenlemke

Re: Tile printing issue

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hello Graham,hmm, maybe more simple: use the split feature to split an image into parts and print the parts.Thorsten   Hi I've been using GC to print posters by dividing the image to be printed into tiles. This is allowed in GC under the name 'Overlap' in the Print dialog. However I'm having quite a lot of difficulty with it. The simplest thing I want to do is to create an A3 print out of two sheets of A4. This is not as easy as I thought: I can see the preview of (say) a portrait A3. The most economical way of tiling this is via two landscape A4 sheets, but the print dialog doesn't seem to provide this. It starts by offering to create an A2 copy with four sheets, but if I keep reducing the scale, it never gets to A3 but just skips to a single A4 sheet.