straightening image when croping

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Zalman Lazkow

straightening image when croping

Post by Zalman Lazkow »

I'm trying GC. I can't find the way to straighten the image while cropping it, like in PS/PSE for example, with a curved small arrow in corners of the selection. Thanks!
thorstenlemke

Re: straightening image when croping

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hello,what do you want to do exactly? Crop does simple crop the selected rectangle.You can use unskew to correct perspective issues.Thorsten On 21.09.2013, at 00:40, Zalman Lazkow <zzlatz@gmail.com> wrote:   I'm trying GC. I can't find the way to straighten the image while cropping it, like in PS/PSE for example, with a curved small arrow in corners of the selection. Thanks!
Zalman Lazkow

Post by Zalman Lazkow »

Thank you Thorsten,I have a neck stand with a necklace, which came out not straight, standing at an angle. I use it quite often.In Photoshop Elements, I fix that while cropping the image. I crop with a selection tool, then at every corner appears a curved arrow when the cursor is over it. I simply turn a little the selected frame, until one of the sides( in this case, the bottom side, because it's more visible and easier) is parallel to the base of the neck stand. Double click or ok.I can straighten this image in iPhoto too, you know, there is a tool there. It works a little different though.But I'd prefer to do it in GC.This is one thing which is missing.I can email the screen shot how it looks in PSE.Thanks!On , at 12:47 PM, gcmac@yahoogroups.com wrote: Re: straightening image when cropingFri Sep 20, 2013 11:58 pm (PDT) . Posted by:"Thorsten Lemke" thorstenlemkeHello,what do you want to do exactly? Crop does simple crop the selected rectangle.You can use unskew to correct perspective issues.ThorstenOn 21.09.2013, at 00:40, Zalman Lazkow <zzlatz@gmail.com> wrote:> > I'm trying GC.> I can't find the way to straighten the image while cropping it, like in PS/PSE for example, with a curved small arrow in corners of the selection.> Thanks!> 
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hi,yes, please e-mail a screenshot.Thorsten On 21.09.2013, at 12:09, Zalman Lazkow <zzlatz@gmail.com> wrote:   Thank you Thorsten,I have a neck stand with a necklace, which came out not straight, standing at an angle. I use it quite often.In Photoshop Elements, I fix that while cropping the image. I crop with a selection tool, then at every corner appears a curved arrow when the cursor is over it. I simply turn a little the selected frame, until one of the sides( in this case, the bottom side, because it's more visible and easier) is parallel to the base of the neck stand. Double click or ok.I can straighten this image in iPhoto too, you know, there is a tool there. It works a little different though.But I'd prefer to do it in GC.This is one thing which is missing.I can email the screen shot how it looks in PSE.Thanks!