System Events?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Nelsn Helm

System Events?

Post by Nelsn Helm »

When I start up my computer, I get a window that says "Where is System Events.app?" Does that have anything to do with GC? I cannot find an app with a name including either "System" or "Events". _____________________ Nelsn Helm 4112 Massie Av 3 Louisville, KY 40207-2179
thorstenlemke

Re: System Events?

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hello Nelsn,no, that is not from us.Thorsten On 22.09.2013, at 06:26, Nelsn Helm <helmkyny@clockwinders.net> wrote:   When I start up my computer, I get a window that says "Where is System Events.app?" Does that have anything to do with GC? I cannot find an app with a name including either "System" or "Events". _____________________ Nelsn Helm 4112 Massie Av 3 Louisville, KY 40207-2179 __._,_.__
Daniel W. Johnson

Post by Daniel W. Johnson »

On 2013-09-22 00:26, Nelsn Helm wrote: > When I start up my computer, I get a window that says "Where is System Events.app?" Does that have anything to do with GC? I cannot find an app with a name including either "System" or "Events". On my system, that's in /System/Library/CoreServices, and is marked "Copyright © 2001-2011 Apple Inc. All rights reserved." -- Daniel W. Johnson panoptes@iquest.net http://members.iquest.net/~panoptes/ 039 53 36 N / 086 11 55 W
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hello,that is not from GraphicConverter.Thorsten On 22.09.2013, at 18:00, "Daniel W. Johnson" <argus@acm.org> wrote:   On 2013-09-22 00:26, Nelsn Helm wrote: > When I start up my computer, I get a window that says "Where is System Events.app?" Does that have anything to do with GC? I cannot find an app with a name including either "System" or "Events". On my system, that's in /System/Library/CoreServices, and is marked "Copyright © 2001-2011 Apple Inc. All rights reserved." -- Daniel W. Johnson panoptes@iquest.net http://members.iquest.net/~panoptes/ 039 53 36 N / 086 11 55 W
Alan Fry

Post by Alan Fry »

You should find 'System Events.app' in '/System/Library/CoreSevices/'. Usually an error message of the kind "Where is xyz.app?' comes from an AppleScript which for some reason or another cannot find the app for which the script is calling. I have no idea the script might be in this case nor why it cannot find System Events. Since the error shows up on start-up it may perhaps be associated with one of the 'Login Items' perhaps.Alan Fry On 22 Sep 201305:26, at   05:26, Nelsn Helm wrote:   When I start up my computer, I get a window that says "Where is System Events.app?" Does that have anything to do with GC? I cannot find an app with a name including either "System" or "Events". _____________________ Nelsn Helm 4112 Massie Av 3 Louisville, KY 40207-2179
Wayne Eligur

Post by Wayne Eligur »

I just suppose Apple Co. has systems of operation problems [AKA OS-X] for latest versions seeing worse problems on my side here.I remember when the NEW TIGER OS was first out - the bug was that if you deleted any system files [it was possible] like prefs it would spiral into a crash... it went repaired later. From: Alan Fry <ajf@afco.demon.co.uk> To: gcmac@yahoogroups.com Sent: Sunday, September 22, 2013 1:21:37 PM Subject: Re: [gcmac] System Events?   You should find 'System Events.app' in '/System/Library/CoreSevices/'. Usually an error message of the kind "Where is xyz.app?' comes from an AppleScript which for some reason or another cannot find the app for which the script is calling. I have no idea the script might be in this case nor why it cannot find System Events. Since the error shows up on start-up it may perhaps be associated with one of the 'Login Items' perhaps.Alan Fry On 22 Sep 201305:26, at   05:26, Nelsn Helm wrote:   When I start up my computer, I get a window that says "Where is System Events.app?" Does that have anything to do with GC? I cannot find an app with a name including either "System" or "Events". _____________________ Nelsn Helm 4112 Massie Av 3 Louisville, KY 40207-2179
Wayne Eligur

Post by Wayne Eligur »

Apple is slap dash in their software - starting after Panther I read often enough. Tell me if after any recent updates that the computer gets slower - annoyingly sluggish unresponsive - when was Apple introduced anyhow? 1984 Superbowl? From: Alan Fry <ajf@afco.demon.co.uk> To: gcmac@yahoogroups.com Sent: Sunday, September 22, 2013 1:21:37 PM Subject: Re: [gcmac] System Events?   You should find 'System Events.app' in '/System/Library/CoreSevices/'. Usually an error message of the kind "Where is xyz.app?' comes from an AppleScript which for some reason or another cannot find the app for which the script is calling. I have no idea the script might be in this case nor why it cannot find System Events. Since the error shows up on start-up it may perhaps be associated with one of the 'Login Items' perhaps.Alan Fry On 22 Sep 201305:26, at   05:26, Nelsn Helm wrote:   When I start up my computer, I get a window that says "Where is System Events.app?" Does that have anything to do with GC? I cannot find an app with a name including either "System" or "Events". _____________________ Nelsn Helm 4112 Massie Av 3 Louisville, KY 40207-2179
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

The normal cure for this problem; When the box pops up with this error scroll down to the app and select it. In your case you will probably need to scroll down to "Other" then navigate to /System/Library/CoreSevices/ then select System Events.app. The problem should then go away. On Sep 22, 2013, at 2:31 PM, Wayne Eligur <eligurwayne@yahoo.ca> wrote: > > Apple is slap dash in their software - starting after Panther I read often enough. Tell me if after any recent updates that the computer gets slower - annoyingly sluggish unresponsive - when was Apple introduced anyhow? 1984 Superbowl? > > > From: Alan Fry <ajf@afco.demon.co.uk> > To: gcmac@yahoogroups.com > Sent: Sunday, September 22, 2013 1:21:37 PM > Subject: Re: [gcmac] System Events? > > > You should find 'System Events.app' in '/System/Library/CoreSevices/'. Usually an error message of the kind "Where is xyz.app?' comes from an AppleScript which for some reason or another cannot find the app for which the script is calling. I have no idea the script might be in this case nor why it cannot find System Events. Since the error shows up on start-up it may perhaps be associated with one of the 'Login Items' perhaps. > > Alan Fry > > > On 22 Sep 201305:26, at 05:26, Nelsn Helm wrote: > >> >> When I start up my computer, I get a window that says "Where is System Events.app?" Does that have anything to do with GC? I cannot find an app with a name including either "System" or "Events". >> _____________________ >> Nelsn Helm >> 4112 Massie Av 3 >> Louisville, KY 40207-2179 >> Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
dknodel@swbell.net

Post by dknodel@swbell.net »

Yes 1984 on my little apple }{From: Wayne Eligur <eligurwayne@yahoo.ca>Reply-To: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Date: Sunday, September 22, 2013 3:31 PMTo: "gcmac@yahoogroups.com" <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Subject: Re: [gcmac] System Events?   Apple is slap dash in their software - starting after Panther I read often enough. Tell me if after any recent updates that the computer gets slower - annoyingly sluggish unresponsive - when was Apple introduced anyhow? 1984 Superbowl? From: Alan Fry <ajf@afco.demon.co.uk> To: gcmac@yahoogroups.com Sent: Sunday, September 22, 2013 1:21:37 PM Subject: Re: [gcmac] System Events?   You should find 'System Events.app' in '/System/Library/CoreSevices/'. Usually an error message of the kind "Where is xyz.app?' comes from an AppleScript which for some reason or another cannot find the app for which the script is calling. I have no idea the script might be in this case nor why it cannot find System Events. Since the error shows up on start-up it may perhaps be associated with one of the 'Login Items' perhaps.Alan FryOn 22 Sep 201305:26, at   05:26, Nelsn Helm wrote:  When I start up my computer, I get a window that says "Where is System Events.app?" Does that have anything to do with GC? I cannot find an app with a name including either "System" or "Events". _____________________ Nelsn Helm 4112 Massie Av 3 Louisville, KY 40207-2179
Wayne Eligur

Post by Wayne Eligur »

big bro a lookin' at us!!! From: "dknodel@swbell.net" <dknodel@swbell.net> To: gcmac@yahoogroups.com Sent: Sunday, September 22, 2013 1:56:20 PM Subject: Re: [gcmac] System Events?   Yes 1984 on my little apple }{From: Wayne Eligur <eligurwayne@yahoo.ca>Reply-To: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Date: Sunday, September 22, 2013 3:31 PMTo: "gcmac@yahoogroups.com" <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Subject: Re: [gcmac] System Events?   Apple is slap dash in their software - starting after Panther I read often enough. Tell me if after any recent updates that the computer gets slower - annoyingly sluggish unresponsive - when was Apple introduced anyhow? 1984 Superbowl? From: Alan Fry <ajf@afco.demon.co.uk> To: gcmac@yahoogroups.com Sent: Sunday, September 22, 2013 1:21:37 PM Subject: Re: [gcmac] System Events?   You should find 'System Events.app' in '/System/Library/CoreSevices/'. Usually an error message of the kind "Where is xyz.app?' comes from an AppleScript which for some reason or another cannot find the app for which the script is calling. I have no idea the script might be in this case nor why it cannot find System Events. Since the error shows up on start-up it may perhaps be associated with one of the 'Login Items' perhaps.Alan FryOn 22 Sep 201305:26, at   05:26, Nelsn Helm wrote:  When I start up my computer, I get a window that says "Where is System Events.app?" Does that have anything to do with GC? I cannot find an app with a name including either "System" or "Events". _____________________ Nelsn Helm 4112 Massie Av 3 Louisville, KY 40207-2179