[ANN] GraphicConverter 8.8.1

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
thorstenlemke

[ANN] GraphicConverter 8.8.1

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,I released a new BETA. This is the first compiled version with the new XCode 5. So, please check and report any issues ASAP.I will release the new version at the end of the next week.http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlThorsten
Charles Kelley

Re: [ANN] GraphicConverter 8.8.1

Post by Charles Kelley »

Hello, all...    On Sep 27, 2013, at 7:55 AM, Thorsten wrote:   Hi,I released a new BETA. This is the first compiled version with the new XCode 5. So, please check and report any issues ASAP.I will release the new version at the end of the next week.http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlThorsten     Do we know whether it will work on older versions of OS X, e.g., OS X 10.6.8? Is that something you ask us also to test, Thorsten?    -- Charles.
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hello Charles,GC 8.8.1 does require 10.6.8 or later.Thorsten On 27.09.2013, at 15:50, Charles Kelley <mnogojazyk@aol.com> wrote:   Hello, all...    On Sep 27, 2013, at 7:55 AM, Thorsten wrote:   Hi,I released a new BETA. This is the first compiled version with the new XCode 5. So, please check and report any issues ASAP.I will release the new version at the end of the next week.http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlThorsten
Charles Kelley

Post by Charles Kelley »

Hello, all...    On Sep 27, 2013, at 7:04 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: Hello Charles,GC 8.8.1 does require 10.6.8 or later.ThorstenOn 27.09.2013, at 15:50, Charles Kelley <mnogojazyk@aol.com> wrote:Hello, all... On Sep 27, 2013, at 7:55 AM, Thorsten wrote:Hi,I released a new BETA. This is the first compiled version with the new XCode 5. So, please check and report any issues ASAP.I will release the new version at the end of the next week.http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlThorsten    Thank you.    -- Charles.
Mike Alexander

Post by Mike Alexander »

--On September 27, 2013 4:55:05 AM -0700 lemke@lemkesoft.de wrote: > I released a new BETA. > > > This is the first compiled version with the new XCode 5. So, please > check and report any issues ASAP. > When I try to launch this version on 10.8.5 without XCode 5 installed it tells me the app is damaged and can't be launched. I downloaded the compressed NIBs version (the first on listed). Should this work? This machine does have XCode 4.6.3 installed, but not version 5.0. I'm trying this beta mainly because the last release version crashes in dcraw when I try to open a raw file from a Sony DSC RX100 camera. Mike
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hello Mike,did you allow all apps on your Mac? As written on the BETA site?Thorsten On 28.09.2013, at 16:46, Mike Alexander <mta@umich.edu> wrote:   --On September 27, 2013 4:55:05 AM -0700 lemke@lemkesoft.de wrote: > I released a new BETA. > > > This is the first compiled version with the new XCode 5. So, please > check and report any issues ASAP. > When I try to launch this version on 10.8.5 without XCode 5 installed it tells me the app is damaged and can't be launched. I downloaded the compressed NIBs version (the first on listed). Should this work? This machine does have XCode 4.6.3 installed, but not version 5.0. I'm trying this beta mainly because the last release version crashes in dcraw when I try to open a raw file from a Sony DSC RX100 camera. Mike
Mike Alexander

Post by Mike Alexander »

--On September 28, 2013 6:19:58 PM +0200 Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: > Hello Mike, > > did you allow all apps on your Mac? As written on the BETA site? Not on this machine. I'm traveling and forgot that I hadn't done that on the laptop. Sorry about that. Mike
David Schorow

Post by David Schorow »

What is the advantage of XCode 5?  Will this address the problems with GC being so slow?  I frequently go back to using version 7.6.2 since it is much faster. David Schorow On 9/27/13 4:55 AM, lemke@lemkesoft.de wrote:   Hi, I released a new BETA.  This is the first compiled version with the new XCode 5. So, please check and report any issues ASAP. I will release the new version at the end of the next week. http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html Thorsten
Wayne Eligur

Post by Wayne Eligur »

Just to see for myself - where is a copy of the older GC say 7.6.2?Is there a copy on Lemkesoft?WaynePS/ As I said previously, I get some results by trial and error-ing... if I use exactly the 'correct' and efficient DPI and picture size etc, then GC responds well. However if I go against any 'protocols' as in image processing [digital], then -  GC gets good and snagged - slows to a crawl.I have to say PREVIEW [standard Apple app. to view images and PDFs]  does pretty much likewise... both apps. I had to 'force quit' a lot. Now I am no expert at image decoding therefor I cannot pass any judgement... All I know is Preview is unstable, the versions in general keep up the volatility - PANTHER was a very stable platform  - Tiger was the first slap dash and dangerous OS. Lion seems all patch worked.I have only so much memory RAM: and for a very complex images I just don't have a computing power to do it. Maybe a Sun Microsystem or a 10 thousand dollar thing... These OS-X versions have memory hogging issues  - that have not been addressed - so in GC8 and PREVIEW I see memory going down to maybe oft times only a few mBs of RAM and I have to release the stuck memory; I found  a free app. called FREE MEMORY PRO. in the Apple Store. It is ok but it just is not quick enough... runs a command in Unix to flush mem. but it is timed for execution. From: David Schorow <dschorow@sbcglobal.net> To: gcmac@yahoogroups.com Sent: Saturday, September 28, 2013 5:34:40 PM Subject: Re: [gcmac] [ANN] GraphicConverter 8.8.1   What is the advantage of XCode 5?  Will this address the problems with GC being so slow?  I frequently go back to using version 7.6.2 since it is much faster. David Schorow On 9/27/13 4:55 AM, lemke@lemkesoft.de wrote:   Hi, I released a new BETA.  This is the first compiled version with the new XCode 5. So, please check and report any issues ASAP. I will release the new version at the end of the next week. http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html Thorsten
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hello,just go to http://www.lemkesoft.comClick onto download.You can download version 8, 7 and 6.Thorsten On 29.09.2013, at 04:34, Wayne Eligur <eligurwayne@yahoo.ca> wrote: Just to see for myself - where is a copy of the older GC say 7.6.2?Is there a copy on Lemkesoft?