Arrows

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
teegate

Arrows

Post by teegate »

All,What is the best way to draw decent arrows using GC? If it is a particular font can you tell me which one and where to get it? I would prefer to be able to make them such as the program Skitch does but I really would prefer to  use GC. I am not talented enough to make a decent arrow using the Pen.Guy
Jonathan Lundell

Re: Arrows

Post by Jonathan Lundell »

On 31 Oct 2013, at 1:52 PM, <teegate@comcast.net> <teegate@comcast.net> wrote:What is the best way to draw decent arrows using GC? If it is a particular font can you tell me which one and where to get it? I would prefer to be able to make them such as the program Skitch does but I really would prefer to  use GC. I am not talented enough to make a decent arrow using the Pen.Try running the Character Viewer (not the Keyboard Viewer)  and search for 'arrow'. You'll see the font-based arrows you have on your machine already, and there will probably be a good selection.(If you don't have the viewers in your menu bar, you can get them via the Keyboard system preference panel.)
Carl von Einem

Post by Carl von Einem »

Here is a list of fonts that include arrows: http://www.alanwood.net/unicode/arrows.html Or just double click on the line tool and choose your weapon. :-) Carl teegate@comcast.net schrieb am 31.10.13 21:52: > > All, > > What is the best way to draw decent arrows using GC? If it is a > particular font can you tell me which one and where to get it? I would > prefer to be able to make them such as the program Skitch does but I > really would prefer to use GC. I am not talented enough to make a > decent arrow using the Pen. > > Guy
teegate

Post by teegate »

Thanks! The line tool is what I wanted. Works great!Guy  ---In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, <einem@...> wrote:Here is a list of fonts that include arrows: http://www.alanwood.net/unicode/arrows.html Or just double click on the line tool and choose your weapon. :-) Carl teegate@... schrieb am 31.10.13 21:52: > > All, > > What is the best way to draw decent arrows using GC? If it is a > particular font can you tell me which one and where to get it? I would > prefer to be able to make them such as the program Skitch does but I > really would prefer to use GC. I am not talented enough to make a > decent arrow using the Pen. > > Guy