Automatic conversion

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Dan Gall

Automatic conversion

Post by Dan Gall »

Since the last update, when I go to combine a greyscale image into a colour image (i.e. make one images with both) I first have to convert the greyscale to full colour prior to doing so, otherwise the image comes out negative. Prior to the last version it automatically converted to full 16 bit colour (or at least a compatible level) because I didnt have to pre-convert the image beforehand. ex. take one image 300x500 greyscale and another 300x500 colour create a new image 600x500 (jpg default) (so the new image will display both side by side) previous to last update when I dragged the image (select all, drag and drop) the greyscale automatically converted to be compatible with the new (to it) format now when I drag the greyscale it converts to a negative image. I have to undo move, undo selection, select colour from the menu and choose 16bit colour, then reselect and redrag and all is fine. Is it possible to go back to the old auto conversion?
thorstenlemke

Re: Automatic conversion

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hello,did you install the latest build? This bug should be fixed.ThorstenOn 03.11.2013, at 11:20, Dan Gall <edantu@gmail.com> wrote: Since the last update, when I go to combine a greyscale image into a colour image (i.e. make one images with both) I first have to convert the greyscale to full colour prior to doing so, otherwise the image comes out negative. Prior to the last version it automatically converted to full 16 bit colour (or at least a compatible level) because I didnt have to pre-convert the image beforehand.
Dan Gall

Re: Automatic conversion

Post by Dan Gall »

Downloaded a new copy and the automatic conversion works now. ?? My old version was 8.8.2 (1367) and this one is annotated the same but since it is working I take it there were different builds not reflected in the version number?