Running a script from the GraphicConverter script menu

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Robert Poland

Running a script from the GraphicConverter script menu

Post by Robert Poland »

Thorsten, For years I have had a script in the GraphicConverter script menu. A script that activates and positions the tool windows on the screen. Now there are new battles to get it to run. A script won’t do the job and needs to be an app. For some reason I can’t run an app from this menu so I have a script that runs the app. Now with Mavericks the app needs to be signed, no matter where is is placed. Any chance you can help me with this? TIA, Robert Poland iMac, Mid 2011, 12,2 2.7 GHz Intel Core I5, 27” 12 GB Ram, 1TB HD OS X 10.9 GraphicConverter 8.8.3 (1378)
Carl von Einem

Re: Running a script from the GraphicConverter script menu

Post by Carl von Einem »

This sounds as if you want to automate tasks in a program's interface. For years (decades...) I have used QuicKeys which sadly isn't updated any longer. It seems to work on Mavericks, though. http://www.startly.com/ Keyboard Maestro seems to be an alternative: http://www.keyboardmaestro.com/document ... tures.html This might be what you need: -> Triggers: Application: on startup -> Interface Control Actions - Manipulate a window - resize, move, center, close, zoom, minimize, bring to front. - Move or click the mouse with modifiers. - Select or show a specific menu. - Press a button with a specific name. - Type a keystroke. - Simulate moving the scroll wheel. - Use a variable to set the mouse, window, or application. Carl Robert Poland schrieb am 19.11.13 23:35: > Thorsten, > > For years I have had a script in the GraphicConverter script menu. A script that activates and positions the tool windows on the screen. > > Now there are new battles to get it to run. > > A script won’t do the job and needs to be an app. For some reason I can’t run an app from this menu so I have a script that runs the app. > > Now with Mavericks the app needs to be signed, no matter where is is placed. > > Any chance you can help me with this? > > TIA, > > Robert Poland > iMac, Mid 2011, 12,2 > 2.7 GHz Intel Core I5, 27” > 12 GB Ram, 1TB HD > OS X 10.9 > GraphicConverter 8.8.3 (1378)
Carl von Einem

Post by Carl von Einem »

I also stumbled over this page: http://www.macosautomation.com/maverick ... index.html It suggests that one needs to sign Applets using an Apple Developer ID. I guess it should work with a free account that just uses your normal Apple ID: https://developer.apple.com/register/index.action Robert Poland schrieb am 19.11.13 23:35: > Thorsten, > > For years I have had a script in the GraphicConverter script menu. A script that activates and positions the tool windows on the screen. > > Now there are new battles to get it to run. > > A script won’t do the job and needs to be an app. For some reason I can’t run an app from this menu so I have a script that runs the app. > > Now with Mavericks the app needs to be signed, no matter where is is placed. > > Any chance you can help me with this? > > TIA, > > Robert Poland > iMac, Mid 2011, 12,2 > 2.7 GHz Intel Core I5, 27” > 12 GB Ram, 1TB HD > OS X 10.9 > GraphicConverter 8.8.3 (1378) >
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

On Nov 19, 2013, at 4:11 PM, Carl von Einem <einem@gmx.de> wrote: > This sounds as if you want to automate tasks in a program's interface. > For years (decades...) I have used QuicKeys which sadly isn't updated > any longer. It seems to work on Mavericks, though. > http://www.startly.com/ I have been using iKey for many years. Looks like the iKey Editor doesn’t work with Mavericks. The scripts menu in GraphicConverter has worked up to now. > Keyboard Maestro seems to be an alternative: > http://www.keyboardmaestro.com/document ... tures.html > This might be what you need: > -> Triggers: Application: on startup > > -> Interface Control Actions > - Manipulate a window - resize, move, center, close, zoom, minimize, > bring to front. > - Move or click the mouse with modifiers. > - Select or show a specific menu. > - Press a button with a specific name. > - Type a keystroke. > - Simulate moving the scroll wheel. > - Use a variable to set the mouse, window, or application. > > Carl > > > Robert Poland schrieb am 19.11.13 23:35: >> Thorsten, >> >> For years I have had a script in the GraphicConverter script menu. A script that activates and positions the tool windows on the screen. >> >> Now there are new battles to get it to run. >> >> A script won’t do the job and needs to be an app. For some reason I can’t run an app from this menu so I have a script that runs the app. >> >> Now with Mavericks the app needs to be signed, no matter where is is placed. >> >> Any chance you can help me with this? >> >> TIA, >> >> Robert Poland >> iMac, Mid 2011, 12,2 >> 2.7 GHz Intel Core I5, 27” >> 12 GB Ram, 1TB HD >> OS X 10.9 >> GraphicConverter 8.8.3 (1378) Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Robert,please e-mail a sample script for testing.ThorstenOn 19.11.2013, at 23:35, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: Thorsten,For years I have had a script in the GraphicConverter script menu. A script that activates and positions the tool windows on the screen.Now there are new battles to get it to run.A script won’t do the job and needs to be an app. For some reason I can’t run an app from this menu so I have a script that runs the app.Now with Mavericks the app needs to be signed, no matter where is is placed.Any chance you can help me with this?TIA,
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

Attachments :windowviews.app.ziplaunch_Windowviews.scptThorsten, I have attached the script (launch_Windowviews) and the application (windowviews.app) that reside in the GC scripts folder. On Nov 20, 2013, at 12:30 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: > Hi Robert, > > > please e-mail a sample script for testing. > > Thorsten > > On 19.11.2013, at 23:35, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: > >> Thorsten, >> >> For years I have had a script in the GraphicConverter script menu. A script that activates and positions the tool windows on the screen. >> >> Now there are new battles to get it to run. >> >> A script won’t do the job and needs to be an app. For some reason I can’t run an app from this menu so I have a script that runs the app. >> >> Now with Mavericks the app needs to be signed, no matter where is is placed. >> >> Any chance you can help me with this? >> >> TIA, Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
thorstenlemke

Re: Running a script from the GraphicConverter script menu [2 Attach

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Robert, please download the latest BETA: http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html I added support for scripts with the .scpt extension. Thorsten On 20.11.2013, at 14:37, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: > Thorsten, > > I have attached the script (launch_Windowviews) and the application (windowviews.app) that reside in the GC scripts folder. > >
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

Thorsten, "The requested URL /beta/gc8_build1380.dmg was not found on this server." On Nov 21, 2013, at 2:46 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: > Hi Robert, > > please download the latest BETA: > http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html > > I added support for scripts with the .scpt extension. > > Thorsten > > On 20.11.2013, at 14:37, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: > >> Thorsten, >> >> I have attached the script (launch_Windowviews) and the application (windowviews.app) that reside in the GC scripts folder. >> >> Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,please retry now.Thorsten On 21.11.2013, at 14:51, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: Thorsten,"The requested URL /beta/gc8_build1380.dmg was not found on this server."
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

Thorsten, Downloaded version 8.8.3 (1380). Saw no change. On Nov 21, 2013, at 2:46 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: > Hi Robert, > > please download the latest BETA: > http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html > > I added support for scripts with the .scpt extension. > > Thorsten > > On 20.11.2013, at 14:37, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: > >> Thorsten, >> >> I have attached the script (launch_Windowviews) and the application (windowviews.app) that reside in the GC scripts folder. Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO